Turn on thread page Beta

Would you take the blue pill, or the red pill? watch

ReputationRep:
    I know this question has been done before, but I'm going to ask it in a more hypothetical manner. For those who don't know, the blue represents the 'ignorance is bliss' saying, and keeping that illusion, because you don't want to face the truth; and red represents the reality you'll have to face if you take that pill.

Now for the hypothetical: If you take the red pill, then all the world's questions (or at least the big ones) will be answered when you come to. Remember that no matter the answers, you can't go back to whatever life you lead. These questions would include the likes of, 'why are we here?' 'Is there an afterlife, a heaven/hell?' etc... You're thinking, why wouldn't I take the pill, but think of how society would be if everyone knew the truth? Would there be chaos?
    If you take the blue pill, then obviously, everything stays just the way it is, and everyone can believe what they want to believe.

The second hypothetical: What if the Illuminati were real, and taking the red pill would mean you'd have a bird's eye view of everything that they're doing to the world, i.e. NWO, symbolism, etc... You'd have all the info on them, gathered by a 'Morpheus-like' figure and others that are free. Would you want to know? What if they started to come after you because you became a 'threat' to them? Again, if you take the blue pill, you can believe that the Illuminati is BS.

For both situations, if you know the truth, only those who have taken the red pill will also know. That means, no matter how much you try to, the rest of the public won't believe what you say.
    Also, in NO way am I saying the Illuminati exists. These are just hypotheticals, and you can choose one or the other and say what pill you would take, and state your reasons.

(This could belong in the 'Philosophy' section, so if need be, the thread can be moved to that section.)

ReputationRep:
    Red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red blue red red red red red red. I think that covers it for me!

ReputationRep:
    What nobody knows is that if Neo took the Blue pill, he would have a sore ******* in the morning because Morpheus gave him Rohypnol!

ReputationRep:
    Everyone would take red

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    The contraceptive pill.

ReputationRep:
    I can manage without that blue pill as Brian Blessed once said

ReputationRep:
    Blue pill.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Blue

ReputationRep:
    red

ReputationRep:
    Blue.

ReputationRep:
    Blue for me.

ReputationRep:
    saw this and remembered:MATRIX ALL THE WAY!gotta love that stuff.

you know what i would do?id take the red pill,but i would also take the blue pill.once i discovered everything,i would then take the blue pill,go back to normal life but i would know everything.

ReputationRep:
    Tell me I'm not the only one that thought of ecstasy when I read the title..?

ReputationRep:
    Well all the red pills I've ever taken have been preeetty good, so I'll go red :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Blue for both. I'm not interested at all in meaningful answers (and if it turned out there was an afterlife then I'd like to actually enjoy my time alive here), and the second one would be too creepy for words.

ReputationRep:
    I dont need no pills. I already know that the NWO is unfolding before our very unsuspecting eyes.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh.. The Matrix. I had to write about the philosophy in it for GCSE English coursework - it was great fun!

To answer your question, I would take the red pill, because I couldn't live with myself knowing that the truth about everything could have been revealed to me. I'd also prefer an adventure to living a passive life.

ReputationRep:
    Red.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.