Turn on thread page Beta

Would you take the blue pill, or the red pill? watch

ReputationRep:
    Both at once. Brain proceeds to explode due to the paradox.

ReputationRep:
    If I was rich and wealthy I would take the Blue pill. If I had a crap life I would take the Red

ReputationRep:
    Blue

Reality is a matter of individual perspective. The main idea of Nietsche's The Will to Power is that no one has an objective perspective - we think we do, but we don't - everything, everyone is biased and moulds reality to conform to our own survival interests.

Reality is just a mould, happiness is all we have, so I'd prefer to be a satisfied fool than a dissatisfied Socrates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam2424)
    Everyone would take red
    Clearly not "everyone" but I know I would

ReputationRep:
    Red for both. Better the truth and the world aflame than peace and ignorance.

ReputationRep:
    Red for me, I'd always rather know the truth no matter what it is.

ReputationRep:
    Red pill. The truth will set ye frep.

ReputationRep:
    Blue because the real world's messed up

ReputationRep:
    since I'm already an unhappy person and always will be one I would take the red pill .

ReputationRep:
    Having just seen all the Matrix films in the space of two days.....
    blue.

ReputationRep:
    Red

ReputationRep:
    At first thought I thought Red, but seeing as my nearest and dearest would be oblivious to "the truth" I'd rather take the blue pill, albeit very grudgingly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozz2601)
    Having just seen all the Matrix films in the space of two days.....
    blue.
    Sounds like an epic few days tbh!

Take the red pill, see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Definitely red, though i'd constantly wonder if i've taken some really bad acid :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paperclip)
    Sounds like an epic few days tbh!

Take the red pill, see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Definitely red, though i'd constantly wonder if i've taken some really bad acid :p:
    I was thinking more along the lines of forgetting the third film ever existed....:p:

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking more along the lines of forgetting the third film ever existed....:p:
    The third one's better than the second!

They're all really good, i think. After #1 it was impossible to follow it, because it just opened up so many questions and was rather philosophical, but it wasn't terribly done at all.

Were you just so bored you watched them all, or were you watching them for any particular reason?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paperclip)
    The third one's better than the second!

They're all really good, i think. After #1 it was impossible to follow it, because it just opened up so many questions and was rather philosophical, but it wasn't terribly done at all.

Were you just so bored you watched them all, or were you watching them for any particular reason?
    you think?! I just got really depressed during the third one. plus the bazillions of Mr Smiths made me laugh quite a lot so I don't think I got the full effect of the film

first one was amazing though.

wellll, I'd never seen them and I thought it was a bit shameful, and luckily sky were showing them all on consecutive nights so I figured why not!
    (anything to put off work...!)

ReputationRep:
    you think?! I just got really depressed during the third one. plus the bazillions of Mr Smiths made me laugh quite a lot so I don't think I got the full effect of the film

first one was amazing though.

wellll, I'd never seen them and I thought it was a bit shameful, and luckily sky were showing them all on consecutive nights so I figured why not!
    (anything to put off work...!)
    Haha, i love the millions of Agent Smiths, mostly because i love a good fight (:p:) but also because i think he makes a point; he says human beings are a virus*, and he himself is a virus. We are a virus in the sense that we are raping the world for everything it has and leaving it in a pretty **** condition, destroying ecosystems and everything.

Channel 4/5 had that towards the end of last semester actually, it was great. We'd have a few beers, ice cream and just watch the matrix for three consecutive nights.

And yes, it is shameful that you hadn't seen them before :naughty:

* "I'd like to share a revelation I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we … are the cure."

ReputationRep:
    blue

ReputationRep:
    If I was very happy with my life eg wealthy, children, comfort... I'd take the blue pill, because there is no reason to disturb happiness.
    But, I'm the kind of person that always ponders the "truth" and really needs to know things if I can. If my life wasn't great I'd take the red pill, because no matter what that "truth" is I'd feel liberated and free from knowing it.

ReputationRep:
    Red uns bring you up, blue uns bring you down!

(awesome movie that!)

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.