The Student Room Group

Songs to sing for sisters wedding??

I need opinions on the three songs I chose to sing on my sisters 'hen party', or rather mendhi night for bengalis! :smile:

I can only sing with my chest voice because I completely forgot how to sing with my head voice :colondollar: and this stops me from hitting really, really high notes

Suggestions for other songs are also welcome!

I was thinking of singing:
Mya, Blackstreet & Mase - Take Me There

It's a classic and she loves this song!
I can't rap but can get someone to do it for me but if I can't, I'd just skip it! :biggrin:

KT Tunstall - Suddenly I See
She [my sister] probably doesn't know who KT Tunstall is but that doesn't matter coz song is so lively and really compliments her personality!

Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles
She loves this! And it would show how much I'd miss her!

It's too early to say but I'm pretty sure it's gonna have to be an acoustic(ish) set. I'll only be able to use acoustic, electric and bass guitars and a keyboard! I've already got them, minus the bass which my cousin has, but I haven't got drums! Or a drummer for that matter! :rolleyes:

So yeah, I just need opinions on what you guys think about:
- The song choices (as a way of saying bye to my sister and how amazing and wonderful and blah blah she is)
- If they can be sung with a christina aguilera-esque voice - very chesty and strong minus the high notes which really really sucks :facepalm:
- How you'd think the songs would sound acoustic (with the instruments I listed above)
- Anything else i'm missing

**Song choices may change if I find anything better :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest