Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Royal Wedding... (agian) opinions? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I really really don't get all the hype about it, don't get me wrong, I'm greatful of public holiday!

But seriously, why are people so excited for it:confused:
    It's not like it is their wedding!

Sorry to all you diluded patriots, but seriously, calm down.

ReputationRep:
    Any reason for a holiday is a reason to be excited!

ReputationRep:
    no reason,no why. just like~

ReputationRep:
    It is a holiday. I don't care about else. Britain should be a republic anyway. I don't believe in any of this queen or royalist nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperiorHuman)
    It is a holiday. I don't care about else. Britain should be a republic anyway. I don't believe in any of this queen or royalist nonsense.
    Agreed!

ReputationRep:
    I honestly don't get all the Excitement. all it is is a Royal and his Fiancée getting married. Fair enough he's the 2nd in line to the throne but Charles didn't make his a holiday. I personally don't get why we still have a monarch anyway, it probably will end up costing us even more than we are willing to pay the money should go to things like the Public services (NHS, Police, Schools Etc.) It is a good thing in that I get an extra full days revision though

ReputationRep:
    I think i'll be getting drunk!

...not really bothered about it but it will be a chance to catch up with friends and play this:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Ro...921694?sk=info

ReputationRep:
    Strategically took 5 days off work and now Ive got 12 days free to play with Praise the Lord for the bank holidays...

ReputationRep:
    "The Royal Wedding for dummies" is on google books.

Read all about it, then submit a sociological essay on-line.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.