Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Britain's Got Talent 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?
    Ronan Parke (Singer)
    11.63%
    Paul Gbegbaje (Pianist)
    3.72%
    New Bounce (Singers)
    2.79%
    Jean Martyn (Organist)
    6.51%
    Les Gibson (Impressionist)
    14.88%
    James Hobley (Dancer)
    4.19%
    Jai McDowall (Singer)
    9.77%
    Steven Hall (Comedy Dancer)
    5.58%
    Razy Gogonea (Breakdancer)
    30.70%
    Michael Collings (Singer/Guitarist)
    10.23%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    Tomorrow nights acts are as follows?

Edward Reid
    Toast Boy
    Out of Blue
    Jai McDowell
    Dance Angels Elite
    Jessica Honson
    Steven Hall (LMAO Oh jeeze, this man is funny)

{That's 7, can't remember who the last person was}.
    For some reason I can only remember these 3! I cannot remember the others at all :p: I love Edward and I've heard Jai was a great singer (didn't see his audition). Hope they make Scotland proud!

(Original post by ScottishShortiex)
    For some reason I can only remember these 3! I cannot remember the others at all :p: I love Edward and I've heard Jai was a great singer (didn't see his audition). Hope they make Scotland proud!
    I only remember toast boy, edward reid and stephen hall. Everyone else is :dontknow: to me lol. I've heard clips of Jai, good singer, but go on x factor :dontknow:? . .

(Original post by madders94)
    Edward Reid
    YES YES OMG YES. Absolutely love this guy's act.

Toast Boy
    Meh.

Out of Blue
    Love them!

Jai McDowell
    Amazing voice, I really like him but I'd rather Edward Reid, Out of the Blue or Steven Hall went through over him.

Dance Angels Elite
    Don't remember them but bored of dance groups now.

Jessica Honson
    Who was she?

Steven Hall
    YES. Just pure YES.
    I might have given the wrong surname, as I was trying to type fast and watch the TV lol. So I apologise if it's wrong :ninjagirl: lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kbountra)
    I am intrigued by Simon's announcement- it's not going to be a 5th judge and I doubt the surprise is just going to be Michael Moral coming back. Likewise, changing the setup so only one act goes through to the final tmrw wouldn't warrant an announcement....who knows?
    I reckon the anouncement will be something to do with an extra place in the final - Probably something like having us vote for our favourite act of the ones that were voted 3rd by the judges and for that act to go through to the final.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    I only remember toast boy, edward reid and stephen hall. Everyone else is :dontknow: to me lol. I've heard clips of Jai, good singer, but go on x factor :dontknow:? . .
    After watching Britain's got more talent, I've now discovered who everyone is... apart from the dance group.

Jessica is a singer, who was on the last of the auditions shows on Sunday. I think she also played keyboard and sang Grenade by Bruno Mars (someone can correct me if I'm wrong here).

Out of Blue are a group of male Oxford students who sing acapella.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baula)
    I reckon the anouncement will be something to do with an extra place in the final - Probably something like having us vote for our favourite act of the ones that were voted 3rd by the judges and for that act to go through to the final.
    That is quite possible....but I'm just wondering what he meant by 'one of you won't be back'.

ReputationRep:
    Nice one Amanda, clearly the autistic 11-year old needed to be stressed out a little bit more.

'Your an inspiration, you're a beautiful dancer, you're literally the best thing I have ever seen and everyone should aspire to be like you...therefore I'll choose the bell ringers over you.'

They are really making it easy this year for people to see that decisions are made for the sake of surprises and twists rather than talent. Simon probably asked her to do that just so he could pretend to be a hero.

I wonder if James doesn't stand a chance of winning or if people just didn't vote for him as much because the judges made him seem like a sure thing already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kbountra)
    That is quite possible....but I'm just wondering what he meant by 'one of you won't be back'.
    Really? :/ I remembered it as "one of you will be back"

(Had a look in ITV player to check but it doesn't seem to be working :mad: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddyman4)
    Nice one Amanda, clearly the autistic 11-year old needed to be stressed out a little bit more.

'Your an inspiration, you're a beautiful dancer, you're literally the best thing I have ever seen and everyone should aspire to be like you...therefore I'll choose the bell ringers over you.'

They are really making it easy this year for people to see that decisions are made for the sake of surprises and twists rather than talent. Simon probably asked her to do that just so he could pretend to be a hero.

I wonder if James doesn't stand a chance of winning or if people just didn't vote for him as much because the judges made him seem like a sure thing already.
    I would have put the bell ringers through personally James is undoubtedly talented at dancing but I felt that there was something missing in his performance... Maybe the choreography? It just felt like he could have been dancing to any song if that makes sense

I loved the bell ringers though - found it weirdly entertaining and couldn't stop watching haha

(Original post by ScottishShortiex)
    After watching Britain's got more talent, I've now discovered who everyone is... apart from the dance group.

Jessica is a singer, who was on the last of the auditions shows on Sunday. I think she also played keyboard and sang Grenade by Bruno Mars (someone can correct me if I'm wrong here).

Out of Blue are a group of male Oxford students who sing acapella.
    Ah I didn't see her performance . .might have to youtube it. And I now remember the Oxford students; they were quite good.

I am looking forward to seeing Stephen Hall - lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baula)
    Really? :/ I remembered it as "one of you will be back"

(Had a look in ITV player to check but it doesn't seem to be working :mad: )
    Oh yes you are right- he said 'there may be one of you in the final'. In that case they are going to call one of the rejected acts back....

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait for Razy Gogonea to perform, he's definitely my fave

ReputationRep:
    I'm going camping soon so not only do I miss the last semi-final and final, I miss Doctor Who! D:

ReputationRep:
    I've been watching BGT semi's but I feel the standard of acts is really rubbish bar a few, compared to last couple of years. Most of the acts been soo rubbish, usually I struggle to see who i want to put through to the final, so far it's been such an easy decision. I guess those judges can't do anything right without Simon.

ReputationRep:
    I remember Jessica now. She was good, but nothing really special - we already have two keyboard players and two singing acts through to the final, plus I thought her chords were all over the place if she's the one I'm thinking about - there's putting your own spin on it, and there's not learning the song properly and saying "I'm putting an individual twist" to cover it, and unfortunately I thought she fell into the latter category.

SCANDAL!

Apparently.
    Anyone else read this?

So far in the history of BGT and X-Factor, for that matter, no one has ever won who has not been an "invited or preferred" contestant...

ReputationRep:
    disney and nickelodeon look at these tv talent shows to scout them for their shows and may want to get hold of kids who appear on these shows and will put them on so that they can mix with the disney teen stars as that will happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray_talk)
    SCANDAL!

Apparently.
    Anyone else read this?
    :O:O:O:O

Don't surprise me really... :L
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Toast Boy :excited:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray_talk)
    SCANDAL!

Apparently.
    Anyone else read this?
    That is shocking but the styling and mannerisms of Ronan Parke always appeared to have been crafted. Where did you find this article?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.