Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Britain's Got Talent 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?
    Ronan Parke (Singer)
    11.63%
    Paul Gbegbaje (Pianist)
    3.72%
    New Bounce (Singers)
    2.79%
    Jean Martyn (Organist)
    6.51%
    Les Gibson (Impressionist)
    14.88%
    James Hobley (Dancer)
    4.19%
    Jai McDowall (Singer)
    9.77%
    Steven Hall (Comedy Dancer)
    5.58%
    Razy Gogonea (Breakdancer)
    30.70%
    Michael Collings (Singer/Guitarist)
    10.23%

ReputationRep:
    The judges still seem to think that they're all from Oxford University...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by House MD)
    Not trying to sound snobby or anything, but Oxford Brookes! :mad:
    I thought they were Oxford and Oxford Brookes students?

ReputationRep:
    They keep going on about the Oxford thing when some of them are from Oxford Brookes too!

ReputationRep:
    i love these guys, the have my vote

ReputationRep:
    who is left?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I liked them... blegh at the song though. and lol at the dismissal of the fact that some of them are from Oxford Brookes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neillya1)
    I thought they were Oxford and Oxford Brookes students?
    Well, I should've been more specific Just that they're not all from Oxford. I hope they win tonight though!

ReputationRep:
    I liked that!!

I really do hope these go through though I know they won't win
    because Simon won't want them to

Tbh that girl before was probably very gullible when it came to being told what song to sing, she should have stood her ground.

ReputationRep:
    I thought simon and amanda were really rude going on about that stupid fly instead of concentrating on the acts / judging!
    I dont know whybut it really bothered me!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by mel0n)
    who is left?
    Edward Reid And idk who else...

ReputationRep:
    i think most of them are oxford uni students because it started as an oxford society? (i might be wrong...) but yeah i think it probably started as an oxford uni thing then they probably expanded it to include brookes as well. anyway i think the fact that they willingly make fools out of themselves e.g. in their auditions suggests that they're not actually that snobby? i reckon they've played up the suits and oxford uni angle to make themselves stand out a bit for the purpose of the show.

ReputationRep:
    ? Who says they're rich? They're not all from Oxford Uni you know (not that that means they're rich either mind you, but hey maybe in your warped mind it does).

Now ***** please, gtfo.

Out Of The Blue to win tonight maybe?
    Hey, everybody's entitled to opinions. It's just a stereotypical view that many people agree on. Oxford = rich people and fake laughs.

And sorry, I don't need to "gtfo" cuz it's a free country biatch.

ReputationRep:
    lol stacey solomon in the iceland advert! Haha she was so funny on britains got more talent

ReputationRep:
    ? Who says they're rich? They're not all from Oxford Uni you know (not that that means they're rich either mind you, but hey maybe in your warped mind it does).

Now ***** please, gtfo.

Out Of The Blue to win tonight maybe?
    Lol, I think the judges believe that they're from another planet because some of them go to Oxford University...Clever and funny, like no way!

Plus a spied a few lookers in that group :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    I am sooo angry @ Simon Cowell's comment towards that poor young girl. She did NOT look huge in the dress she was wearing, and it kinda proves now that the show is a fix. If you want to bugger someone's chances of going any further, give them a **** song to sing. The whole 'mash up' was dreadful.
    That's really true. They were praising Ronan (?) for his song but surely he must have had it chosen for him as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    Edward Reid And idk who else...
    the singer and that bread artist.

Jessica Hobson is trending on twitter - I said I wouldn't vote in this show, but I am going to vote and hope she gets a chance to sing in the final and HOPEFULLY do it HER way! The ONLY person who has actually stood up to Simon Cowell is Will Young, and actually did much better doing it HIS way! Everyone else who has followed his sheep of manufactoring has epically failed!

So angry.com

ReputationRep:
    Oooh I liked this guy!
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Ah yes, this guy impressed me the first time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickR92)
    Hey, everybody's entitled to opinions. It's just a stereotypical view that many people agree on. Oxford = rich people and fake laughs.

And sorry, I don't need to "gtfo" cuz it's a free country biatch.
    Oh yeah, loads of people agree with that view - nice negs by the way! :rolleyes:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.