Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Britain's Got Talent 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?
    Ronan Parke (Singer)
    11.63%
    Paul Gbegbaje (Pianist)
    3.72%
    New Bounce (Singers)
    2.79%
    Jean Martyn (Organist)
    6.51%
    Les Gibson (Impressionist)
    14.88%
    James Hobley (Dancer)
    4.19%
    Jai McDowall (Singer)
    9.77%
    Steven Hall (Comedy Dancer)
    5.58%
    Razy Gogonea (Breakdancer)
    30.70%
    Michael Collings (Singer/Guitarist)
    10.23%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neillya1)
    What I don't get about Michael (and don't get me wrong, he's fantastic!) is that this is Britain's Got Talent.... the guy is French, lives in France, hardly speaks English....

Don't get me wrong, he's a phenomenal dancer, but doesn't it somewhat undermine the idea of the show?
    The same could be said about Razy, he's Romanian I think. And another person in the show was from somewhere else too, I can't remember where! And the Thai trolly dolly, I'm sure she was actually FROM Thailand?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    See even though I'm so glad he's through, I'm so annoyed how Simon says that he's through. Like he runs the show or something and the other 3 judges opinions doesn't matter. :dry:

although I am SO glad he's coming back.
    Well he does, he owns the whole thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChildStalker69)
    No, if you actually counted PROPERLY , there were only 39 acts going through on Sundays show
    Yeah but they brought that Britney girl back to make 40 didnt they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    See even though I'm so glad he's through, I'm so annoyed how Simon says that he's through. Like he runs the show or something and the other 3 judges opinions doesn't matter. :dry:

although I am SO glad he's coming back.
    To be fair, they really don't compared to Simon Cowell's opinion.

(Original post by natty_d)
    Jessie J is annoying now
    I find her shout-singing a little irritating.

ReputationRep:
    The only thing wrong about that twist is that tommorow's semi final is going to have almost too many good acts, ie. both dancers and the singer who sang fast car, who could of had a place in the final if they were in one of the earlier semi finals and took the place of the 2 piano players/ the teenage dancer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    The same could be said about Razy, he's Romanian I think. And another person in the show was from somewhere else too, I can't remember where!
    Does he live in Romania? Didn't see his audition

I guess it's a touchy subject for them because they'll play the "you're racist!" card if they say "Brits only" or something.... just thing it's a bit confusing. I wouldn't dream of going on Ukraine's Got Talent, because I'm not Ukrainian and don't live there.... Just seems odd to me.

ReputationRep:
    All of this conspiracy stuff makes me wonder: did they plan this whole thing? As in, they did the whole Michael vs. Razy thing to produce controversy (which happened) and conveniently, it provided a twist which would boost up ratings.

Why did they decide that only one of them could go through? Surely they're smart enough to realise that doesn't make sense, as Amanda described.

ReputationRep:
    This song by Jessie J is terrible.

She should have done something better than this song on BGT. I preferred the Teletubbies song to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sadian)
    I agree tbh

ReputationRep:
    It'll be a bit sad if they bring Michael back, only to send him away once again...

(Original post by Mother_Russia)
    Did Jessie J just take her shoes off?
    :yep:, fair play to her, I say lol

ReputationRep:
    Will Michael be dancing with a giant white elephant?

ReputationRep:
    hmm, Jessie J looks like she's put on a bit of weight or has something cooking in the oven...

ReputationRep:
    lol @ Ant leaving Jessie's high five hanging in the air
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Voting lines closed Exciting!!

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, I absolutely hated Edward's act, both in the auditions and tonight. Please, please say he doesn't get through...

Jai, on the other hand :love:

(Original post by DancinBallerina)
    :yep:, fair play to her, I say lol
    I thought she did it because of the line in the song
    See Mamma knows best when I feel down
    To bring me up and always keep my feet on solid ground

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neillya1)
    Does he live in Romania? Didn't see his audition

I guess it's a touchy subject for them because they'll play the "you're racist!" card if they say "Brits only" or something.... just thing it's a bit confusing. I wouldn't dream of going on Ukraine's Got Talent, because I'm not Ukrainian and don't live there.... Just seems odd to me.
    Nah, he said he lives in Manchester. Anyway... yeah that was what I was thinking =/ I don't know what I think really, but I agree with you. Is there a France's got talent anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sadian)
    But then he should of been there from when it started.

... Then we wouldn't have such crappy acts through this year really.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.