Turn on thread page Beta

Britain's Got Talent 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?
    Ronan Parke (Singer)
    11.63%
    Paul Gbegbaje (Pianist)
    3.72%
    New Bounce (Singers)
    2.79%
    Jean Martyn (Organist)
    6.51%
    Les Gibson (Impressionist)
    14.88%
    James Hobley (Dancer)
    4.19%
    Jai McDowall (Singer)
    9.77%
    Steven Hall (Comedy Dancer)
    5.58%
    Razy Gogonea (Breakdancer)
    30.70%
    Michael Collings (Singer/Guitarist)
    10.23%

• Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Well, that sucked
    I've managed to calm down now

ReputationRep:
    The bike guy, the magic act, the bell couple and the nursery rhyme dude should be in the final rather than the piano guy, the annoying girly singing kid, the average Jackson 5 wannabes and the limited impressionist (who simply recycled the same material from his audition). Shame on BGT this year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Killmepls)
    I didn't think out of the blue where that great tbh..

btw is that the militant black guy from balls of steel in ur pic? Loved that show lol wish they made more
    Yes it is

ReputationRep:
    does anyone agree with me? this year there was no talent (except for the impressionist Les Gibson) same for last year. But, every other years there has been so much talent and it was awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by House MD)
    Agreed.

Someone on Twitter: "If Out Of The Blue go to Oxford, they're rich enough to not need the money anyway." :facepalm:
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    I actually found Steven Hall really funny, but I resent Simon pretending that he cares about public opinion and I would have preferred a talented act (Out of the Blue or Edward Reid) to go into the final.

Can we all vote for Steven in the final now so that he wins and Simon has to apologise to the Queen?

ReputationRep:
    BGMT suggests that there'll be some tough competition tomorrow! Michael Collins is performing tomorrow (they just showed the acts practicing), them MCs that turned out to be better than people thought, Razy was just shown as well. They showed 8, and didn't show Michael Moral so I'm presuming 9 are performing tomorrow?! Unless they're both literally doing a danceoff?! (Steven did say a 'danceoff'), as in perhaps both are on stage at once taking it in turns from one to the other to dance?! So, even if the top 3 is, say, Razy, Michael Collins and Michael Moral, if one of the dancers goes through on public votes, the other in the bottom two thing won't go through because the judges will say the public have clearly shown their favourite dancer through the public vote... (unless the 'bottom 2' thing is between Michael and Razy :mad:)

ReputationRep:
    This was the worst semi final I've ever seen. Unbelievable how out of the blue didn't get through, especially how that completely talentless Steven did. Worst Britain's Got Talent ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissLightyear)
    I feel sorry for her though, I know if someone said I looked huge I'd start crying

Damn adverts
    He said she looked CUTE not huge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nm786)
    does anyone agree with me? this year there was no talent (except for the impressionist Les Gibson) same for last year. But, every other years there has been so much talent and it was awesome.
    You do not consider Jai, Out of the Blue, Michael Collings, Two and a Half Men, Les Gibson, Up and Over it or Paul Gbegbaje to be talented?

ReputationRep:
    actually can't believe out of the blue didn't get through. so many pointless acts have been put through this year too

ReputationRep:
    So happy Jai got through! His performance moved me Gutted though that Edward never got through though...I was rooting for him too. Stephen was really funny though and I liked Out of the Blue. Good night tonight!

ReputationRep:
    Awww. Edward and Out of the Blue (my favs!) didn't get through.

ReputationRep:
    Is BGT fixed? Probably. The original letter was removed after a claim by SYCO but its been reposted many times. http://www.maxfarquar.com/2011/06/ro...etter-in-full/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dahut)
    Is BGT fixed? Probably. The original letter was removed after a claim by SYCO but its been reposted many times. http://www.maxfarquar.com/2011/06/ro...etter-in-full/
    Yeah, I saw that earlier, wasn't sure if I should post it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray_talk)
    They're all singers though so if you're going to say singers should stick to X-Factor, they all should.
    I thought I said in my original post, singers who are suited to X Factor should stick to X Factor? Apologies if I didn't, think it's too late to edit.

It's unfair on the singers who'll be turned away from X Factor, despite having amazing voices, because their voices aren't suited to the type of record Simon Cowell wants them to produce, but they can't go on Britain's Got Talent because there's a blanket ban on singers. It should be at the discretion of the producers, who have a criteria to determine if a singer could do well in X Factor or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baula)
    He said she looked CUTE not huge
    I know, I've since been corrected

he still said some nasty stuff (even though it was true) and maybe could have worded it a bit better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissLightyear)
    I know, I've since been corrected

he still said some nasty stuff (even though it was true) and maybe could have worded it a bit better
    ah ok sorry

I thought the other judges' comments were fair but his were a bit unnecessary.

If I'm honest I haven't really liked Simon being back. He doesn't seem to 'fit in' anymore and I don't know whether it's because I haven't heard him in a while but he seems a lot harsher in his comments this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baula)
    ah ok sorry

I thought the other judges' comments were fair but his were a bit unnecessary.

If I'm honest I haven't really liked Simon being back. He doesn't seem to 'fit in' anymore and I don't know whether it's because I haven't heard him in a while but he seems a lot harsher in his comments this year.

Yeah I feel the same, it's almost as if he's worried the show is getting out of his control since he wasnt part of the auditions so he wants to make his stamp.

Also the whole fly incident was disrespectful but all the judges seemed to be acting weird tonight imo.

Although part of me thinks that some of it is an act because he's supposed to be the harsh one? Im not sure, but some of the comments he makes are out of order

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madders94)
    I thought I said in my original post, singers who are suited to X Factor should stick to X Factor? Apologies if I didn't, think it's too late to edit.

It's unfair on the singers who'll be turned away from X Factor, despite having amazing voices, because their voices aren't suited to the type of record Simon Cowell wants them to produce, but they can't go on Britain's Got Talent because there's a blanket ban on singers. It should be at the discretion of the producers, who have a criteria to determine if a singer could do well in X Factor or not.
    How do you mean?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.