Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Britain's Got Talent 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?
    Ronan Parke (Singer)
    11.63%
    Paul Gbegbaje (Pianist)
    3.72%
    New Bounce (Singers)
    2.79%
    Jean Martyn (Organist)
    6.51%
    Les Gibson (Impressionist)
    14.88%
    James Hobley (Dancer)
    4.19%
    Jai McDowall (Singer)
    9.77%
    Steven Hall (Comedy Dancer)
    5.58%
    Razy Gogonea (Breakdancer)
    30.70%
    Michael Collings (Singer/Guitarist)
    10.23%

ReputationRep:
    In her audition, she got changed very quickly. Which is what I was expecting this time..

There was so much talent which was just replaced with bad acts. The dog acts.. The pop eye guy tomorrow, I don't understand his audition..

The Artist today - His talent isn't for the stage

ReputationRep:
    This year's show is a total farce. Real talented acts have been denied the opportunity to progress while tonnes of terrible 'joke' acts have made it to the semis, despite the fact that none of them are amusing in the slightest. I've stopped bothering to watch this crappy show were the only decent parts of each episode could be condensed into 10 minutes, the rest being crappy filler and adverts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Simon Cowell didn't put through any acts this year because he wasn't at the auditions. :facepalm2:
    I dont know, it would be weird if he didnt have something to do with it. I cant imagine that Simon would be happy having no control over the acts at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    I kind of agree with you, but there's a lower age limit on X Factor but not on BGT, and there's no real place for opera singers/country singers on X Factor.

Plus the Royal Variety doesn't really accommodate pop singers. So yeah, I agree some singers shouldn't be allowed on BGT.
    That's what my argument was - it should be at the discretion of the producers during the first auditions where you're seen by a producer rather than the judges and the audience, and if you fit the criteria - opera singer/musical theatre singer/any style that wouldn't suit X Factor and the themed weeks, OR you're under 16 - you're accepted to Britain's Got Talent. Otherwise, it's off to X Factor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobifier)
    You do not consider Jai, Out of the Blue, Michael Collings, Two and a Half Men, Les Gibson, Up and Over it or Paul Gbegbaje to be talented?
    i said les gibson is talented. But, what i should have said was there's no "talent" compared to the years before last year. Do you agree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinti)
    Really gutted Out of the Blue didn't get through - they were my favourite act of the entire competition

That said, I'm not sure Simon would be keen to sign them. At the moment all of their profit goes to an Oxford-based charity and I don't think that Mr Cowell quite works on the same wavelength! As much as they definitely deserved a place in the final, I don't think this will damage them in any way. They're a brilliant and friendly group. They can already sell out a 1800 seat theatre, they go around performing in schools and on the streets and they recently went to America. They're good enough to make it on their own.

Disappointed that the general public seems to be against them for being students in Oxford though. They don't exactly fit the stereotype...
    My thoughts exactly, they were my favourite from the auditiions. This final is gonna be crap. It really infuriates me when singers go on Britains Got Talent. Go on the ****ing X Factor!

As for then being from Oxford, it's typical in this country. Some people genuinely hate seeing others actually get somewhere in life and achieve something ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so angry and dissapointed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louiseyoung)
    My thoughts exactly, they were my favourite from the auditiions. This final is gonna be crap. It really infuriates me when singers go on Britains Got Talent. Go on the ****ing X Factor!

As for then being from Oxford, it's typical in this country. Some people genuinely hate seeing others actually get somewhere in life and achieve something ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so angry and dissapointed.
    Hey!

I like the Scottish singer, however you're right in that it doesn't make much sense that BGT is filled to the brim with singers, maybe singing isn't that much of a talent considering how many people can do it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    The same could be said about Razy, he's Romanian I think. And another person in the show was from somewhere else too, I can't remember where! And the Thai trolly dolly, I'm sure she was actually FROM Thailand?
    The difference being Razi and the Thai mail order bride live in and work in the UK. Frecnh guy has just popped over for the show itself.

(Original post by secretmessages)
    Aw Jessica
    a genuine talent who got well and truly shafted and humiliated.

(Original post by natty_d)
    Ergh Jai
    The guy has a fantastic voice.

(Original post by neillya1)
    I don't get it, Steve has no talent, especially if someone else choreographs his dances! It's not like he dances well......
    But he does, granted hes no professional, but considering his age and body size he is a good dancer.

(Original post by BenjyK)
    Out of the Blue got robbed, but from what i can see on Facebook/Twitter, alot of people didnt like them because they came from Oxford :dontknow:

But Steven deserved it more over that overly camp guy who stole his "original" idea anyway. :yes:
    The only act to genuinely get robbed was Jessica.

You do know Steven stole his audition from "Evolution of Dance" on Youtube? Hardly original....
    Jai stole his from Evanescence, out of the blue stole it from various artists.

(Original post by Stray_talk)
    This. The boys don't need the competition, they'll probably go on to do much better things of a higher "quality" and not have their named tainted
    hah yeah right - they will fade into obscurity like so many of the other great acts that have been seen on previous years.

(Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x)
    I though that the big announcement was they were going to ask Jessica back tomorrow and let her sing her own song. How wrong was I? I think that Simon should ask her to come back to be honest. Bit unfair if she was told what to sing. Oh well, looking forward to the two dancers tomorrow
    Agreed, the set, the song and the dress she had no say in. She was told what to sing and what to do.

I really dont get all this out of the blue love, they are a good act but nothing fantastic. Or does everyone just love them because they go to oxford? They were not good enough to get to the final but in saying that niether was steven, he shouldnt have gone through. Edward has a real talent and Jessica. Jai was a clear choice.

So far the acts some of the finalist have really not impressed me Abyss are abysmal and that jackson 5 troupe are boring.

And its so bloody obvious the 12 year old bieber lookalike kid is going to win

ReputationRep:
    I'm so glad Michael is back really liked him and they put through loads of other acts that were terrible. What would we do without Simon? I hope both Razy and Michael both get through to the final I love watching them both dance and theres so many singers there or something other than singing gets through.

I hope Simon will be watching the auditions next year or at least help with choosing. They sent away so many good acts this year that could've been through. Theres been so many dog acts , an that terminator guy was awful and the eye guy . I don't think the queen would want to see that.

Oh and Michael Moral already tried out for the French version of it and didn't get through ,
    http://talent.tellymix.co.uk/2011/au...du-talent.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stratos)
    Hey!

I like the Scottish singer, however you're right in that it doesn't make much sense that BGT is filled to the brim with singers, maybe singing isn't that much of a talent considering how many people can do it!
    singers go on it because there is less compotition. really annoys me.

Simon should exercise some authority and bring out of the blue back - never gonna happen, but oh well.

ReputationRep:
    Weren't out of the blue voted off by the public? I think it would be wrong to bring them back in that case.

The worst thing about these "rubbish" acts making the semis this year is that nobody is booing, or at least nobody is booing much. There was a woman in the semis a few years who, despite being rather large, had turned up in a very skimpy outfit and sort of walked around on stage a bit (I don't honestly remember the act, but Piers Morgan fancied her), and the crowd didn't hold back.

This year there have been some terrible sem final performances, but barely any booing :s

ReputationRep:
    Jai was excellent for me last night, got to admit the other two for the judges vote was a poor decision by the public as the Oxford University students (A bit like Glee) should have gone through.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s107/...y-with-it.html

ReputationRep:
    They're only hurting themselves by making it look like they definitely have something to hide :yes:

Plus, what a waste of police time! I guess money really can buy you anything :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Cant believe tonight looks like the better semi final and I cant watch it as im at a party. Also miss the finale of Corrie

Wonder what my chances are of convincing my mates to put BGT on at the party

They're only hurting themselves by making it look like they definitely have something to hide :yes:

Plus, what a waste of police time! I guess money really can buy you anything :rolleyes:
    (Original post by article)
    The source added: "If they think they can get away with posting, hiding and spreading lies and bullying, especially involving a 12-year-old child, you are mistaken."
    Bullying? I certainly didn't get that when I read the article

ReputationRep:
    Can any one tell me how Michael Moral's place in the show is justified- he lives in France and has never been a British citizen. It's called Britain's Got Talent for a reason.

ReputationRep:
    The Oxford students were terrible!!! What are you guys on.....

(Original post by kbountra)
    Can any one tell me how Michael Moral's place in the show is justified- he lives in France and has never been a British citizen. It's called Britain's Got Talent for a reason.
    Who negged him for this? It's a geniune question.
    I like the guy and his act but I'm wondering how he fits in..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kbountra)
    I was making this point last night.

I think he's a phenomenal dancer and he's great to watch - he's clearly super talented, but the whole premise of the show seems a little undermined if anyone can turn up and perform.....

Point I made last night was that I wouldn't go on Ukraine's Got Talent - I'm not Ukrainian, have never lived there etc....... Just seems a bit odd.

Problem is you get people using the "THAT'S SO RACIST!" card when you say this, hence why someone probably negged you :rolleyes:

I'll +rep when it lets me
    (Original post by batboy113)
    The Oxford students were terrible!!! What are you guys on.....
    :lolwut: They were fantastic!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.