Turn on thread page Beta

Britain's Got Talent 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?
    Ronan Parke (Singer)
    11.63%
    Paul Gbegbaje (Pianist)
    3.72%
    New Bounce (Singers)
    2.79%
    Jean Martyn (Organist)
    6.51%
    Les Gibson (Impressionist)
    14.88%
    James Hobley (Dancer)
    4.19%
    Jai McDowall (Singer)
    9.77%
    Steven Hall (Comedy Dancer)
    5.58%
    Razy Gogonea (Breakdancer)
    30.70%
    Michael Collings (Singer/Guitarist)
    10.23%

ReputationRep:
    http://twitter.com/#!/abbieconnell21 someone on twitter saw him at the airport etc a day before or something?!

ReputationRep:
    The source added: "If they think they can get away with posting, hiding and spreading lies and bullying, especially involving a 12-year-old child, you are mistaken."

me thinks the man doth protest too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neillya1)
    I was making this point last night.

I think he's a phenomenal dancer and he's great to watch - he's clearly super talented, but the whole premise of the show seems a little undermined if anyone can turn up and perform.....

Point I made last night was that I wouldn't go on Ukraine's Got Talent - I'm not Ukrainian, have never lived there etc....... Just seems a bit odd.

Problem is you get people using the "THAT'S SO RACIST!" card when you say this, hence why someone probably negged you :rolleyes:

I'll +rep when it lets me

:lolwut: They were fantastic!
    Yeah my point was regulational....nothing to do with his race. What is stopping anyone from around the world entering BGT if Moral is?
    EDIT: Have a look at the link in my post below.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray_talk)
    Who negged him for this? It's a geniune question.
    I like the guy and his act but I'm wondering how he fits in..?
    It is a genuine question and I have a very valid point....
    http://www.itv.com/Termsandcondition...plication.html

The rules state that 'You must be resident in the UK or Republic of Ireland' to enter Britain's Got Talent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kbountra)

The rules state that 'You must be resident in the UK or Republic of Ireland' to enter Britain's Got Talent.
    Good find there!

6. You must be resident in the UK or Republic of Ireland with a valid passport. You will provide the Company with documentation in order to substantiate your age (i.e. birth certificate and/or valid passport).
    It doesn't actually make clear what kind of passport you need..... It does say you must be resident in the UK/Ireland though.... Am I right in thinking he lives in the south of France? As far as I can see living in the UK with a French passport is fine, but not living in France.... Strange.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neillya1)
    Good find there!

It doesn't actually make clear what kind of passport you need..... It does say you must be resident in the UK/Ireland though.... Am I right in thinking he lives in the south of France? As far as I can see living in the UK with a French passport is fine, but not living in France.... Strange.
    I'm pretty certain he lives in France- yesterday Dec made some comment about him having to get the Eurostar. It looks like they've been bending the rules for Michael Moral.

I'm pretty certain he lives in France- yesterday Dec made some comment about him having to get the Eurostar. It looks like they've been bending the rules for Michael Moral.
    You'd think some official or even a potential contestant would have shouted loudly about this by now.

ReputationRep:
    At the end of the day the winner be performing in front of the queen. That's one thing the judges have forgotten this year - they are putting people through on cheap entertainment value (such as Steven Hall) instead of considering the acts which actually have talent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam12)
    At the end of the day the winner be performing in front of the queen. That's one thing the judges have forgotten this year - they are putting people through on cheap entertainment value (such as Steven Hall) instead of considering the acts which actually have talent.
    This. This exactly.

Considering another point Simon made at some point this week: "We're hoping to use this competition to launch the contestants' careers.' (Words to that effect anyway).

A lot of the acts I would not pay to see perform. Stephen Hall was hilarious, but I wouldn't pay money to sit and watch him jiggle around for two hours. Similarly Jean. She's brilliant, I was in fits, but we've only seen her in small doses. Does anyone know how long the winner's slot on the Royal Variety is? I get the impression that her bouncy pounding on the keys would start to grate after a few minutes.

I think that the title of the show's a bit of a misnomer if I'm honest.

ReputationRep:
    He does live there as far as I know. He didn't actually get the Eurostar though I don't think. Someone on twitter saw him at Heathrow(?) and had a photo taken with him the day before yesterday..

ReputationRep:

That's actually a good point. I'm being a bit biased because I really liked his act and I DO want him in the show but I think ITV seem to have just bended their rules, even though I agree it's unfair that they did. Although perhaps because he's an EU resident he could easily become a British resident without any problem :dontknow: Not sure how they'll have worked their way around it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by batboy113)
    The Oxford students were terrible!!! What are you guys on.....
    I was thinking that. I liked their first audition a lot more! I couldn't really hear the main singer because the others were too loud for me

ReputationRep:
    I think the BS surrounding Jessica should be investigated before this guy from France

ReputationRep:
    If he lived here I think he would have more of a grasp of English - unless of course he moved here recently

I say this because he had a translator with him each time whereas razi, for example, didn't.

ReputationRep:
    I think maybe Simon brought back Michael as everyone was going mad that only Razi got through when their both amazing. Plus there were loads of other crap acts who got through. Maybe Michael didn't make it the first time because he was living in France or they just wanted him back an realised it was a big mistake sending him home. I'm looking forward to watching him later.

ReputationRep:
    looking forward to the show tonight

ReputationRep:
    What was the "surprise" last night? i was busy watching The Elephant man :]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slylee)
    What was the "surprise" last night? i was busy watching The Elephant man :]
    The french dancer, Micheal, is coming back and performing on tonights show to compete with Razy.

ReputationRep:
    Jean Martyn ( I hope that's her correct name, I've only met her once ) is my Uncle in Law's mum.

True story.

Apparently she really does play that fast and none of what she does is automatic.

I only found out about her yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    So excited for tonight, hope Razy performs towards the end, its always the last acts who get put through usually....

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.