Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Britain's Got Talent 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?
    Ronan Parke (Singer)
    11.63%
    Paul Gbegbaje (Pianist)
    3.72%
    New Bounce (Singers)
    2.79%
    Jean Martyn (Organist)
    6.51%
    Les Gibson (Impressionist)
    14.88%
    James Hobley (Dancer)
    4.19%
    Jai McDowall (Singer)
    9.77%
    Steven Hall (Comedy Dancer)
    5.58%
    Razy Gogonea (Breakdancer)
    30.70%
    Michael Collings (Singer/Guitarist)
    10.23%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidms001)
    Ever seen "Rooney's Street Striker" on Sky1? :sexface:
    This :Yes:

(Original post by Mr Chow)
    I just can't get over how girly Ronan is :lolwut:
    To be honest, I've seen more "camp" kids than Ronan.
    The way he keeps thanking everyone is making me vom a little though :puke:

ReputationRep:
    All singers in the top 3 - variety? Yeah right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Chow)
    He's a great singer and seems like a very humble guy. The least hyped of all the contestants, deserving winner.

I think the fact that he would've had all of Scotland's voters behind him would have helped but still good.

I just can't get over how girly Ronan is :lolwut:
    Agree about Ronan, I can't watch him when he talks his expressions are so cringey!

ReputationRep:
    Jai is a good singer but I can't really see him being that successful. He ain't that charismatic and doesn't have the hype the likes of Paul Potts and Susan Boyle had.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty underwhelmed with the result tbh - Britain has got no talent

I remember the year that Diversity triumphed over Susan Boyle everyone was buzzing about it and FB went mental.

I hope for better things for Paul I hope he goes to musical school or something or someone who is classically trained sees his talent and helps him nurture.

New Bounce - i don't mind seeing them around

Ronan - hmm depends on the direction they go with him, seems like a sweet kid but I dunno :erm:

I hope Les gets a tv show or a segment or something like Paul Burling did - he deserves a break as well.

The end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A level Az)
    Did anyone else go: ****ING JAI?!
    I ****ing started off ****ing saying that, then just ****ing swore just for the ****ing sake of it, so pissed a variety acts didn't ****ing win, what a piece of ****, ****ing fix, total ****, what a bag of ****

....if I was on Jerry Springer, the swear bleeper would just be a hum in the background

ReputationRep:
    Jai needs to end all his songs with "THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillytots)
    just me or was that a bit of an anti-climax, usually they make such a big thing at the end, that was rushed...
    :yes: Agreed. They almost seemed a bit annoyed about it :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    She was Maureen! She was actually AMAZING! And I'm the same! I'm always like 'that vibrato is far too heavy, what is she DOING?' or in the case of Lea Michelle: 'Why do Glee make her sing in straight tone?' I've never had a singing lesson in my life, I'm just a musical geek!

Jai won. I'm actually liking this performance now!
    Awww Ronan is adorable! :love:
    :eek: I am going to find her version of "Take Me Or Leave Me", RIGHT NOW.

I'm a complete musical geek too it's my dream to be in musical theatre in the future, I do a lot of acting and singing. Lea Michele is my career inspiration, her voice is beautiful and as much as I love Glee, I hate that they autotune her voice to within an inch of her true, natural talent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy Ftw)
    O_o

I guess you meant you didn't expect it instead

Same here, but very pleased for him
    Yes haha, that's what i meant

ReputationRep:
    Razy should have got into the top 3 atleast, he was faaaaaaaaar better than the jackson 4 and the little boy ronan (as cute as he is).

ReputationRep:
    finally scotland win something haha!

ReputationRep:
    Ronan is losing a man point for every second he is on TV.

I swear she is a girl with boy's hair? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidms001)
    Ever seen "Rooney's Street Striker" on Sky1? :sexface:
    can you tell me what team(s) any of the people on there play for? Please do.

Also you are aware that the kids who will go on those sorts of shows are usually kids who have been involved with professional academies before.

As I said if you want to point out any names and who they play for, be my guest. By 'playing' I don't mean YTS contracts - that is essentially nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Ronan should have won! Jai wasn't a bad singer, but he didn't move me the way Ronan did, or even the way Pippa and Buddy did. Christopher Stone from last year was much better.

I feel bad for Jean. She's far more talented than Paul.

ReputationRep:
    I found Razy was too repetitive.

But to be honest, I would have hoped another act would have won other than a singer or a dancer.
    It seems that whenever there is a singer or a dancer, it connects better with the audience and variety acts don't finish well, however, I think the Queen would have liked someone more comic for once

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neillya1)
    This :Yes:

To be honest, I've seen more "camp" kids than Ronan.
    The way he keeps thanking everyone is making me vom a little though :puke:
    But... but... he's so damn adorable!

(Original post by A level Az)
    All singers in the top 3 - variety? Yeah right.
    And this! Singers (and dogs) should be banned from BGT.

ReputationRep:
    I love how theyre still making Jai share the spotlight with Ronan

ReputationRep:
    They're making BGMT all about Ronan and basically taking away from Jai completely :facepalm:

Ronan didn't win, get over it judges :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viksta1000)
    I ****ing started off ****ing saying that, then just ****ing swore just for the ****ing sake of it, so pissed a variety acts didn't ****ing win, what a piece of ****, ****ing fix, total ****, what a bag of ****

....if I was on Jerry Springer, the swear bleeper would just be a hum in the background
    I was waiting for his name at like 5-7th position to be honest. I wouldn't have cared if he had got into the top 3 really, as long as Razy and an act that wasn't singing was there, but winning it? :eek:

Just no

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.