Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Britain's Got Talent 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?
    Ronan Parke (Singer)
    11.63%
    Paul Gbegbaje (Pianist)
    3.72%
    New Bounce (Singers)
    2.79%
    Jean Martyn (Organist)
    6.51%
    Les Gibson (Impressionist)
    14.88%
    James Hobley (Dancer)
    4.19%
    Jai McDowall (Singer)
    9.77%
    Steven Hall (Comedy Dancer)
    5.58%
    Razy Gogonea (Breakdancer)
    30.70%
    Michael Collings (Singer/Guitarist)
    10.23%

ReputationRep:
    I think Ronan deserved it more. A kid his age with a voice like that is astounding.

ReputationRep:
    according to the TSR poll, Jai would have been 7th

but how did Razy not get into the top 3 :eek:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    To be honest though, given it was a 10-way vote, that's quite a big split :dontknow: I was hoping it'd be something more dramatic like 0.1% :p:
    Hm, that's true actually
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    (Original post by neillya1)
    He wanted them for his bank account I think :teehee:

Bet you any money he signs them tonight :yes:
    I'll take that bet

If it's not on Wikipedia tomorrow, it can't be true :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweet&petitee)
    This!
    Thanks for agreeing (and the rep - I'll rep you back tomorrow if I remember)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viksta1000)

As a romanian he wouldn't have had the regional support like the other acts.

Also probably made worse by the judges criticising his performance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madders94)
    :eek: I am going to find her version of "Take Me Or Leave Me", RIGHT NOW.

I'm a complete musical geek too it's my dream to be in musical theatre in the future, I do a lot of acting and singing. Lea Michele is my career inspiration, her voice is beautiful and as much as I love Glee, I hate that they autotune her voice to within an inch of her true, natural talent.
    I linked to it when I said amazing haha!
    And oh God, I think I'm the only person in the world who isn't a huge fan of Lea. I much prefer her musical theatre/unautotuned voice to her voice on Glee but I don't think that much of her tbh. I think she's ridiculously overrated *cough* like Idina Menzel *cough* Though she is amazing singing a certain Streisand classic in Monday's episode of Glee coming up! Another unpopular opinion, like my dislike for Patti LuPone! Have you seen Next to Normal? My current musical theatre actor obsession is Jennifer Damiano. She's brilliant in it! I like musical theatre actors who make me feel. I never know if it's Lea or Rachel which is very clever acting but I get annoyed by Lea because of her overemoting and the way she tries to sound like every other singer in cover songs on Glee- for the best example see Firework in Silly Love Songs. I wish she'd sing like herself and she does that when she's singing musical theatre. I was listening to her singing Touch Me from SA last night and she really is fantastic when she has the right songs. I just don't like her belting very much. Or certain ballads. I'll shut up now, 'cause this is getting off topic! Out of interest, what's your voice type? I always wish I was brave enough to get into musical theatre, I love it so much but I'm far too shy! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebeautyofislam)
    I think Ronan deserved it more. A kid his age with a voice like that is astounding.
    He is very good, but his age being, before puberty?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sempiternitas)
    Nooo. Their styles are completely different, and for the record Ronan sings tenfold better than Bieber.
    oh trust me i am so with u there

ReputationRep:
    He's just a little Justin bieber, nothing unique really, funny thing is that Australia have their version of Justin bieber too xD.

ReputationRep:
    And the countdown to Ronan's coming out begins...

ReputationRep:
    Woo hoo. Worthy winner. Tipped Jai since his audition. Simon Cowell can suck my big British thumb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A level Az)
    He is very good, but his age being, before puberty?

hahaaa...actually I don't even know how told he is? Is he 12? That's my guess....
    Jai or whatever his name is....he didn't even seem happy or excited or anything...and there was no confetti in the air...it was as if BGT itself wasn't pleased that he won. Regardless, I really really thought RAZY was going to win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stratos)
    He's just a little Justin bieber, nothing unique really, funny thing is that Australia have their version of Justin bieber too xD.

Nooooo wayyy!!! Ronan is nothing like Beiber for crying out loud. Bieber couldn't hit the notes Ronan can never in a billion years!! and LOL at AGT haha. I also think Ronan is better than the Australian boy by miles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Chow)
    As a romanian he wouldn't have had the regional support like the other acts.

Also probably made worse by the judges criticising his performance.
    yh that remind me of something

Did anyone else think that the judges gave all the singers smashing comments, whereas the other comments (some of which were latently better) got crap comments....such as Les and Razy

ReputationRep:

I voted before the performances tonight - I'd change my vote otherwise

(Original post by Kidms001)
    I'll take that bet

If it's not on Wikipedia tomorrow, it can't be true :rofl:
    Because Wikipedia never lies
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    hahaaa...actually I don't even know how told he is? Is he 12? That's my guess....
    Jai or whatever his name is....he didn't even seem happy or excited or anything...and there was no confetti in the air...it was as if BGT itself wasn't pleased that he won. Regardless, I really really thought RAZY was going to win.
    There was confetti :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    There was confetti :yep:
    Oh lol I think I missed it because about 5 secs after Jai was annouced I thought oh forget this and threw the remote on the sofa and stormed off upstairs....
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    (Original post by neillya1)

Because Wikipedia never lies
    Because it gives me the best chance of winning of course .. I'll be pretty certain there are already websites out there that are claiming Simon has already signed them up :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else think that the judges gave all the singers smashing comments, whereas the other comments (some of which were latently better) got crap comments....such as Les and Razy
    I thought Simon was being unfair to Razy. I thought the fire act was very daring and entertaining. For all we know he could have caught fire.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.