Turn on thread page Beta

Britain's Got Talent 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?
    Ronan Parke (Singer)
    11.63%
    Paul Gbegbaje (Pianist)
    3.72%
    New Bounce (Singers)
    2.79%
    Jean Martyn (Organist)
    6.51%
    Les Gibson (Impressionist)
    14.88%
    James Hobley (Dancer)
    4.19%
    Jai McDowall (Singer)
    9.77%
    Steven Hall (Comedy Dancer)
    5.58%
    Razy Gogonea (Breakdancer)
    30.70%
    Michael Collings (Singer/Guitarist)
    10.23%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebeautyofislam)
    hahaaa...actually I don't even know how told he is? Is he 12? That's my guess....
    Jai or whatever his name is....he didn't even seem happy or excited or anything...and there was no confetti in the air...it was as if BGT itself wasn't pleased that he won. Regardless, I really really thought RAZY was going to win.
    I really wanted Razy to win too; his performances were just so cool and he's very likable, but as someone pointed out, even though he lives in manchester he is from romania, and didn't get the regional support that Jai got. Plus I think it's really unfair how he got less than 24 hours to come up with a new routine, just to get it completely ****ged off by the judges, especially Simon. Personally, I thought the fire was amazing and in the time he had he made a good job of it.

ReputationRep:
    Very happy for Jai but I am quite annoyed tbh. The Top 3 were all singers, this isn't X Factor. They should disallow singers from BGT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    I linked to it when I said amazing haha!
    And oh God, I think I'm the only person in the world who isn't a huge fan of Lea. I much prefer her musical theatre/unautotuned voice to her voice on Glee but I don't think that much of her tbh. I think she's ridiculously overrated *cough* like Idina Menzel *cough* Though she is amazing singing a certain Streisand classic in Monday's episode of Glee coming up! Another unpopular opinion, like my dislike for Patti LuPone! Have you seen Next to Normal? My current musical theatre actor obsession is Jennifer Damiano. She's brilliant in it! I like musical theatre actors who make me feel. I never know if it's Lea or Rachel which is very clever acting but I get annoyed by Lea because of her overemoting and the way she tries to sound like every other singer in cover songs on Glee- for the best example see Firework in Silly Love Songs. I wish she'd sing like herself and she does that when she's singing musical theatre. I was listening to her singing Touch Me from SA last night and she really is fantastic when she has the right songs. I just don't like her belting very much. Or certain ballads. I'll shut up now, 'cause this is getting off topic! Out of interest, what's your voice type? I always wish I was brave enough to get into musical theatre, I love it so much but I'm far too shy! Good luck!
    Hehe I'll answer in PM, we're kinda taking the thread off-topic here

ReputationRep:
    I'll be perfectly honest, I haven't kept up to date with BGT this year. Judging from some posts, this year has had it's fair share of good 'n' bad, but has it been as good last year in terms of likeable, successful acts?

ReputationRep:
    Who cares?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidms001)
    Because it gives me the best chance of winning of course .. I'll be pretty certain there are already websites out there that are claiming Simon has already signed them up :holmes:
    I totally won't edit Wikipedia to make me right.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sempiternitas)
    I thought Simon was being unfair to Razy. I thought the fire act was very daring and entertaining. For all we know he could have caught fire.
    I agree, it was just so surprising when he stopped and picked up the two ropes, and actually quite entertaining. He had less than 24 hours to come up with something so I find that unfair on him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A level Az)
    I really wanted Razy to win too; his performances were just so cool and he's very likable, but as someone pointed out, even though he lives in manchester he is from romania, and didn't get the regional support that Jai got. Plus I think it's really unfair how he got less than 24 hours to come up with a new routine, just to get it completely ****ged off by the judges, especially Simon. Personally, I thought the fire was amazing and in the time he had he made a good job of it.
    Yes!! I know right I thought he did a great job, and only 2 hours of sleep! I really think Britians got talent is a shambles, I mean there are so man talented people who go on there and I know they won't win because only ONE can win, which just seems unfair, talent is so subjective, I mean look at that dancing boy, I don't know his name James is it? Anyway he's so talented he had full potential of winning, the show itself seems so ridiculous as there can be only ONE winner and there is a variety of talent that is so subjectively judged. It's not like X factor where they are all singers....but anyway it's still very entertaining, i'm still gutted Jai one, I honestly had no idea he would. Razy deserved it, very talented...

They should have 3 winners...not 1. And all singers should be banned from the show. They should lower the X factor age boundary....all singers should go on that. I honestly get so annoyed when singers come on BGT/
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by neillya1)
    I totally won't edit Wikipedia to make me right.....
    Go for it

In fact, here's the link.

Now I'll catch you all around some time (since BGT is no more)! It's been fun, Laters!

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE that Jai won. In my opinion he's amazing ^.^

ReputationRep:
    I mean look at that dancing boy, I don't know his name James is it? Anyway he's so talented he had full potential of winning.
    James is so talented! He was beautiful to watch. I was hoping that he'd win, though I thought it was rather unlikely.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (since BGT is no more)
    Sad times

ReputationRep:
    Go for it

In fact, here's the link.

Now I'll catch you all around some time (since BGT is no more)! It's been fun, Laters!
    Goodbye :top2:

Edit: Check the Wiki page :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Goodbye :top2:

Edit: Check the Wiki page :holmes:
    Hurr.

ReputationRep:
    Yes!! I know right I thought he did a great job, and only 2 hours of sleep! I really think Britians got talent is a shambles, I mean there are so man talented people who go on there and I know they won't win because only ONE can win, which just seems unfair, talent is so subjective, I mean look at that dancing boy, I don't know his name James is it? Anyway he's so talented he had full potential of winning, the show itself seems so ridiculous as there can be only ONE winner and there is a variety of talent that is so subjectively judged. It's not like X factor where they are all singers....but anyway it's still very entertaining, i'm still gutted Jai one, I honestly had no idea he would. Razy deserved it, very talented...

They should have 3 winners...not 1. And all singers should be banned from the show. They should lower the X factor age boundary....all singers should go on that. I honestly get so annoyed when singers come on BGT/
    Yeah I agree it really does put a damper on the (variety) show when you see three singers in the top 3, and they completely steal the show from the true variety acts. Like you said James was really talented, but I knew he just wasn't going to have a chance at winning against the singers who are getting way more support, and literally nothing is going to come of this for him compared to what New Bounce and Ronan are going to achieve. It's sad And Jai winning was just wrong, and you can tell, even right now on britains got more talent on ITV2, that nobody (including the judges) really thought he should have won. Gutted for Razy He will always be on par with Neo from the Matrix in my books!

ReputationRep:
    Who's that "Nathan" on BGMT?

He is stunning :love:

ReputationRep:
    Goodbye "Britains Got Talent 2011" thread.

ReputationRep:
    Woah! I don't want to get into an arguement or anything. I don't even care about football. They are a bunch of over-payed sportsmen who run around and kick a leather ball for 90 minutes. The money's better off going to people who make a difference such as doctors and paramedics and nurses.

The world can live without football, but it can't without the medical professions. I just felt like making a point as it seems like you are arguing for the sake of arguing

Anyway BOT - Only 12 months till the next final!
    ok but the comparison wasn't with the medical professions was it?!

who the **** is he? ive never seen him before the final in my life heheh how bizarre. glad over rated young boy didnt win but RAZY SHOULDVE WON TBH
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Who's that "Nathan" on BGMT?

He is stunning :love:
    He's in The Wanted (boyband).

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.