Turn on thread page Beta

Britain's Got Talent 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?
    Ronan Parke (Singer)
    11.63%
    Paul Gbegbaje (Pianist)
    3.72%
    New Bounce (Singers)
    2.79%
    Jean Martyn (Organist)
    6.51%
    Les Gibson (Impressionist)
    14.88%
    James Hobley (Dancer)
    4.19%
    Jai McDowall (Singer)
    9.77%
    Steven Hall (Comedy Dancer)
    5.58%
    Razy Gogonea (Breakdancer)
    30.70%
    Michael Collings (Singer/Guitarist)
    10.23%

ReputationRep:
    thank goodness that ****** ronan didnt win

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I'm pretty sure Jai won because the whole of Scotland voted for him.

But yeah, the standard of talent this year in general was pretty dire.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by neillya1)
    You're on
    Creepy :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    lol just watched nicole's performance, makes me realise just how untalented chart topping 'singers' are.

She sounded below-average by BGT standards, the kids were singing better than her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    Creepy :ninja:
    Perhaps :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Michaels voice is amazing ( a little like James Morrison) but i'm really glad Jai won almost makes you believe in fairy tales again when he sings.

ReputationRep:
    BGT is like eurovision
    help

ReputationRep:
    I had a feeling Jai would win his voice his amazing and because everyone was saying Ronan and usually the one everyone thinks doesn't win and ends up 2nd. Ronan sang great too and New Bounce funny how all the top 3 were singers.

This years acts weren't as good as usual though I hope it's better next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Chow)
    lol just watched nicole's performance, makes me realise just how untalented chart topping 'singers' are.

She sounded below-average by BGT standards, the kids were singing better than her.
    She was clearly miming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    She was clearly miming.
    What I don't understand is how Nicole seems to get away with miming a performance whilst Cheryl Cole gets torn to pieces for doing the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kbountra)
    What I don't understand is how Nicole seems to get away with miming a performance whilst Cheryl Cole gets torn to pieces for doing the same.
    no idea really. a lot of people hate Cheryl Cole just generally. I always try to spot any miming anyway.

they should get a talented singer like Rihanna or Lady Gaga who don't mime and are actually good at singing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    no idea really. a lot of people hate Cheryl Cole just generally. I always try to spot any miming anyway.

they should get a talented singer like Rihanna or Lady Gaga who don't mime and are actually good at singing.
    i didn't even realise she was miming, all i was thinking was that it's a family show

ReputationRep:
    Happy for Jai to win, seems a good guy. To be honest anybody other than that little prick would have done though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowyowl)

I'm more impressed that I watched the whole thing on +1 (Doctor Who FTW) and I managed to avoid spoilers!
    I went one further and had to watch it on itv player (poor compared to bbc iplayer but there we go), so glad I avoided everything, what a twist at the end!

Absolutely gutted Ronan lost. I've listened to his and Jai's Final performances a few times now and Ronan was in a league of his own.

Jai was great when he had to sing loud, but when he had to sing a little quieter it wasn't all that pleasant. It reminded me of Susan Boyle's audition actually, she did the same; great when loud, not so great when quiet. She has the crazy eccentric personality to make her stand out though

I really really hope Ronan doesn't get snapped up by Simon's record label though, I think he should go to a performing arts school, gain as much experience as he can to add some acting skill to go along with his singing, and then go into theatre like the West End or somewhere. I can totally imagine him singing something like Where is Love from Oliver.

Still, rather Jai than that boy band. They were flat. Only one or two of them sound good individually but nothing to make them stand out, and together as a harmony they're really really flat. It's a shame they got as far as they did, it's not fair on them to be hyped so much.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what song Jai was singing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysteriouschic)
    Anyone know what song Jai was singing?
    to where you are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lamps08)
    Even though its happened with some players....
    likeeeeeeee ..........

ReputationRep:
    So surprised Jai won but happy as well. Fit + Scottish accent = :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    Ronan = MONEY MONEY MONEY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45wg6gmkK-A

the one in 1:10? u no him? :/

ReputationRep:
    Just been watching the final and while I'm happy that Jai won it did make me remember how much I hate the bloody English crowds.

I can't blame Simon Cowell for ****ing quitting the UK show, he can't make an honest coment without half the ****ing audience jeering him. After Jai performed he gave him a load of praise, then said that there were a couple of flaws in his singing and the audience starts booing him.

Oh no, god forbid the person who knows most about music out of the judges make a comment about the standard of the singing, he must be wrong because we all know that if the audience like somebody then nobody can ever make a negative comment about them or it is some form of crime against humanity.

If it wasn't for the ****ing audience I would like the show, but the morongs in the crowd just ruin it for me.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.