Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Britain's Got Talent 2011 Watch

• View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?
    Ronan Parke (Singer)
    11.63%
    Paul Gbegbaje (Pianist)
    3.72%
    New Bounce (Singers)
    2.79%
    Jean Martyn (Organist)
    6.51%
    Les Gibson (Impressionist)
    14.88%
    James Hobley (Dancer)
    4.19%
    Jai McDowall (Singer)
    9.77%
    Steven Hall (Comedy Dancer)
    5.58%
    Razy Gogonea (Breakdancer)
    30.70%
    Michael Collings (Singer/Guitarist)
    10.23%

ReputationRep:
    The impressionist was so bad it was embarrassing. Razy was brilliant and should have won. I couldn't believe Simon's comments; what the hell was he expecting? He said he needed to add something different to his act, but the whole 'circus' thing wasn't enough for him apparently. Simon said it wasn't the wisest decision, but I'd like to know what else he thought Razy could have done. Just proves the show was fixed for that little creep Ronan to win. Absolutely pathetic at the end with Amanda going "Nothing against you Jai, but I reeeeally wanted Ronan to win".

ReputationRep:
    I personally don't think Jai was all that great. Ronan has a much better voice. Jai has one volume: LOUD. There's very little depth to his voice, his tone is nasal and there wasn't much emotion in my opinion.

What makes it worse is he sang one of my favourite songs by Josh Groban. Now Josh Groban is incredible. This is his version of the song. He starts of all soft and gentle and the top notes are perfect. Jai just belted the whole song. Listen to Josh Groban and tell me Jai is good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uIQp9Dqcrw

Sorry, I dunno how to embed videos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oswald Mosley)
    Absolutely pathetic at the end with Amanda going "Nothing against you Jai, but I reeeeally wanted Ronan to win".
    I couldn't believe this either. Jai had only been declared winner like 30 seconds and she was already talking about Ronan and she went on and on when BGMT came on. I think it's really unprofessional.
    Good on Jai for rising above it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moody_bum)
    I couldn't believe this either. Jai had only been declared winner like 30 seconds and she was already talking about Ronan and she went on and on when BGMT came on. I think it's really unprofessional.
    Good on Jai for rising above it
    What do you expect? that stupid vapid c u next tuesday (and i dont use that word lightly) was more interested in the fly than when poor Jessica was singing.

And its Amanda if its a kiddie act or a muscle man with no shirt on (strike anyone) she is straight away biased in their favour. And if the woman is attractive then she is vile too them.

Anyway so glad Jai won, the guys voice is fantastic. So glad Ronan did not win, he has a great voice (till his balls drop anyway) but his sweet little boy routine is just grating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hood_Man)
    I went one further and had to watch it on itv player (poor compared to bbc iplayer but there we go), so glad I avoided everything, what a twist at the end!
    Just finished watching it and managed to avoid all spoilers

Out of the two, I preferred Ronan but kudos to Jai, definitely a worthy winner.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so glad that Jai won he deserves it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovelife1234)
    Ew your vile, not even funny if that was your attempt of a joke...
    I stand by my statement. TinFish does not make jokes.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't see the final live, s'cool jai won but not overly surprised or anything. Wasn't overly excited by the final anyway tbh but hey

Oh and Diversity were cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x)
    I think the person who chose the song for them 'made the best of average voices'.
    how do you know have you heard them sing before? i have and they are amazing live, mrs has an incredible voice and mr has fantastic musical talent the song was weak and totally unsuited to them the song doesnt even have a piano piece, mr had to write a piece of music to go with it himself as his talent is the piano or keyboard and the show is meant to be about the talent but producers either cant do their job or deliberately load simon cowels guns for him why does simon question peoples song choices when they clearly have no choice it was the same the night before when jessica hobson sang that weak beyonce song of all the brilliant beyonce songs they could have chosen for her lovely voice they gave her one that made her sound like she couldnt even sing and when she tried to spill the beans live on tv they quickly got her off stage the show is a big fat fix!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovesoulvoices)
    how do you know have you heard them sing before? i have and they are amazing live, mrs has an incredible voice and mr has fantastic musical talent the song was weak and totally unsuited to them the song doesnt even have a piano piece, mr had to write a piece of music to go with it himself as his talent is the piano or keyboard and the show is meant to be about the talent but producers either cant do their job or deliberately load simon cowels guns for him why does simon question peoples song choices when they clearly have no choice it was the same the night before when jessica hobson sang that weak beyonce song of all the brilliant beyonce songs they could have chosen for her lovely voice they gave her one that made her sound like she couldnt even sing and when she tried to spill the beans live on tv they quickly got her off stage the show is a big fat fix!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Someone created an account and went on a rant because they don't grasp the concept of a tongue in cheek comment :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    RAZY WAS ROBBED
    ROBBED I TELL YOU!
    It shudda been Gogonea.

ReputationRep:
    Razy had it man, he was ace bloody JAHY

ReputationRep:
    I missed the finals.

Can someone tell me which acts they thought were the best?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goggy)
    I missed the finals.

Can someone tell me which acts they thought were the best?
    honestly expect us to remember like 4 days on...

ReputationRep:
    i cant believe razzy didnt win, i thought he was the best one there

that guy who one kinda reminds me of justin timberlake lol

ReputationRep:
    Watched only the final acts on youtube... would the people who were 1-3 won if they went on X-factor?

:holmes:

Also the guy who won, I didn't thiink he was that great... did he have a splendid sob story? Usually the kiddy singers win

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Watched only the final acts on youtube... would the people who were 1-3 won if they went on X-factor?

Also the guy who won, I didn't thiink he was that great... did he have a splendid sob story? Usually the kiddy singers win
    WELCOME BACK!

Revision all over,time to sleep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    WELCOME BACK!

Revision all over,time to sleep
    hi :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I think Steven Hall should have won. He's my new hero, everything about him was just hilarious & I think the Queen would have loved him. I've watched his audition like a million times & it never fails to make me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)

A child singer has never won.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.