Turn on thread page Beta

Britain's Got Talent 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?
    Ronan Parke (Singer)
    11.63%
    Paul Gbegbaje (Pianist)
    3.72%
    New Bounce (Singers)
    2.79%
    Jean Martyn (Organist)
    6.51%
    Les Gibson (Impressionist)
    14.88%
    James Hobley (Dancer)
    4.19%
    Jai McDowall (Singer)
    9.77%
    Steven Hall (Comedy Dancer)
    5.58%
    Razy Gogonea (Breakdancer)
    30.70%
    Michael Collings (Singer/Guitarist)
    10.23%

ReputationRep:
    That last audition (old women who played the piano) rocked, her smile made me smile:awesome:

Also, Amanda's hot but such a ****ing idiot:facepalm:

Solo dancers are underrated, far too many group dance acts gets through year after year. Yes Diversity were good, but the judges need to realise that they're trying too hard to revive a similar act when there clearly isn't going to be another 'Diversity'. Simon should call Michael and Razy back, it would be an epic return for him (and good for his publicity).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stratos)
    Of all the people you had to name him!?

He had the most goddamn talent I have ever seen!
    Lol I know but I remember seeing him on TV ages ago so I found there wasn't reality any shock factor with him. Also, would you rather have French dancer go through or eyeball guy? I know who I wanted through!

ReputationRep:
    I wish both of the dancers got through I loved them both they're incredible. Whats wrong with two solo dance acts. Theres loads of dogs and that eye popping guy I don't want to see that and how much more else can he do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by znh)
    Lol I know but I remember seeing him on TV ages ago so I found there wasn't reality any shock factor with him. Also, would you rather have French dancer go through or eyeball guy? I know who I wanted through!
    I was being sarcastic.

ReputationRep:
    dogs are boring, I will vote for them when I start seeing them do the same stuff as Razy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stratos)
    I was being sarcastic.
    Ah ok

ReputationRep:
    Eye popping dude got through... :indiff: some other acts through were also eyebrow raising, I think it's done just to drum up some more drama / tension putting the really talented acts against each other. Makes for good tv I guess

ReputationRep:
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I cant believe the french guy didnt get through [email protected][email protected][email protected]@ and wtf..the woman dressing up as a hostess pushing a trolly around got through? seriously, what were they thinking..

ReputationRep:
    I like how The Hoff and Mcintyre are talking about how they have to be judged objectively on their talent while Amanda goes off with "But they're cute!". Unfortunately, she appears to be serious.

Personally, I find that Britain's Got Talent becomes more and more annoying every week. Take Bicycle Guy, for instance - he was there jumping over people off the floor on a bike, and yet they spent practically the first half looking at the judges, his parents and Ant and Dec congratulating the two men on their bravery. While I'm sure they're very brave, there really is a time and a place. It's a talent show and I watch it for the talent, not to watch Ant and Dec be ridiculous and the judges look brooding.

Similarly, they explained how they were getting some acts to repeat their performances, and yet still spent the second half of the show (pretty much literally, the last 20 minutes) showing us the judges talking and telling people they'd got through. I cannot for the life of me understand why this is the case. Clearly the producers feel that that's what people want to watch. If they are wrong then their program is just annoying. If they are right then the British public is more disappointing than I can describe in words.

All in all, every time I watch it it becomes more and more clear to me that it is a nice idea in principle, but handled in a way that I personally find beyond irritating.

ReputationRep:
    i'm a bit late with my comment on tonight's BGT, because I'm only just watching it on Sky+

I don't get the judges logic this year, either their logic is rubbish or the talent just isn't there (to be honest I don't think it's the latter)

why would the Queen want to see a bloke popping his eyes out and a group of lasses prancing around in next to nothing (However I do realise that the males in this country (inc. Prince Charles) would probably like nothing more than to watch those girls over and over)

Personally I think she'd much rather see that Scouse ventriloquist. But who am I to judge I guess.

Also did the french dance teacher get through, I've not seen him. (he did a similar thing to the matrix man)?

Just seen it. Can't believe he didn't get through. Liked both of them but preferred Michaels (the french guy). And Razy cries too much.

Can't believe what idiots have been put through over someone like michael with so much talent; however I will say this is BRITAIN's got talent not FRANCE's got talent

:O Correct me if I'm wrong but the drumming soldiers (or highway men in their act) didn't get through!!?

ReputationRep:
    I have no words.

:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Seriously? The ****! The dog act with the two mexican dogs (actually looked half pomeranian/klienspitz and half chiwawa to me) that did nothing and couldn't even do the act properly got through!

Now I understand why having Simon on the panel is so important. He reminds the others what they're actually saying and brings them down to earth.

ReputationRep:
    I hate Amanda sometimes :mad: just because she's the only 'original' one left on the panel she is all like 'OH BUT THE BRITISH PUBLIC LOVE A DOG ACT' so let's ****ing put FOUR through, or whatever. I think I've woken up in a worse mood about BGT than when I was watching it yesterday. It's such a shame that they put some stupid ****ing acts through like that chinese trolly lady and the eye popping dude but put amazing singers/dancers into the MAYBE. All for a bit of controversy, more than anything else it seems. How the **** could they have seriously thought 'OH MY GOD THIS EYE POPPER HASS TO GO THROUGH HE'S A DEFO YES' yet think 'HMMMM BUT MICHAEL AND RAZY... I DON'T THINK THEY'RE A DEFINITE YES'

:mad: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    I hate Amanda sometimes :mad: just because she's the only 'original' one left on the panel she is all like 'OH BUT THE BRITISH PUBLIC LOVE A DOG ACT' so let's ****ing put FOUR through, or whatever. I think I've woken up in a worse mood about BGT than when I was watching it yesterday. It's such a shame that they put some stupid ****ing acts through like that chinese trolly lady and the eye popping dude but put amazing singers/dancers into the MAYBE. All for a bit of controversy, more than anything else it seems. How the **** could they have seriously thought 'OH MY GOD THIS EYE POPPER HASS TO GO THROUGH HE'S A DEFO YES' yet think 'HMMMM BUT MICHAEL AND RAZY... I DON'T THINK THEY'RE A DEFINITE YES'

:rofl2: :rofl2: most angry post ive seen by you

man i keep forgetting to watch this show, but it looks so crusty this season :nopity:

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: the Britney impersonator got through to the semis even though she got 3 nos? :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onaslipperyslope)
    :lolwut: the Britney impersonator got through to the semis even though she got 3 nos? :eyeball:
    Omg I thought this too :confusing: Also, do they choose all of the semi finalists on the same day or something cos they are all dressed EXACTLY the same with the SAME hair etc etc as their audition, like totally the same.

(Original post by flowermaster91)
    :rofl2: :rofl2: most angry post ive seen by you

man i keep forgetting to watch this show, but it looks so crusty this season :nopity:
    It was good until they ****ed up their decision making. I hope Simon *****slaps them all :mad: And even the other two :mad: I love McIntyre but I'm too angry at present to appreciate his presence on the panel. :hand:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Omg I thought this too :confusing: Also, do they choose all of the semi finalists on the same day or something cos they are all dressed EXACTLY the same with the SAME hair etc etc as their audition, like totally the same.

It was good until they ****ed up their decision making. I hope Simon *****slaps them all :mad: And even the other two :mad: I love McIntyre but I'm too angry at present to appreciate his presence on the panel. :hand:
    man, i will defintely catch up to this on itvplayer

ReputationRep:
    BGT has really pissed me off this year. they've put through some ridiculous acts and sent home some really good people.

no one has stood out as being AMAZING though. some kid will probably win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)

:rofl2:

Literally this.

I have no words atm.

Maybe they will bring Michael back for the live shows :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    I'd think they tell them to come back dressed exactly the same, it can't all happen on the same day.
    And the trolley lady is from Thailand :fyi:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.