Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Britain's Got Talent 2011 Watch

• View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?
    Ronan Parke (Singer)
    11.63%
    Paul Gbegbaje (Pianist)
    3.72%
    New Bounce (Singers)
    2.79%
    Jean Martyn (Organist)
    6.51%
    Les Gibson (Impressionist)
    14.88%
    James Hobley (Dancer)
    4.19%
    Jai McDowall (Singer)
    9.77%
    Steven Hall (Comedy Dancer)
    5.58%
    Razy Gogonea (Breakdancer)
    30.70%
    Michael Collings (Singer/Guitarist)
    10.23%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A level Az)
    Love Ronan, but I still don't understand how he can dress so camp-ly at such a young age

And Paul's through, as he should be because there are a **** load of bikers doing way more dangerous stuff than what Joe did tonight, and it really wasn't that entertaining - just jumping from platform to platform :confused:
    There are a **** load of pianists 10 times better than Paul, tbf.

ReputationRep:
    Where are you getting tomorrow's lineup from? I only got to see on unrealitytv and according to them its
    Enchantment
    Up & Over It
    Herbie Armstrong
    Lorna Bliss <- Britney girl
    Jean Martyn
    New Bounce
    David & Karen
    Two & A Half Men
    which is not the same as what was posted earlier?

ReputationRep:
    What's so special about the pianist? Can anyone tell me? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Who is this ronan idiot? Look the only thing in my mind is that hot chick, nicola wills.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobifier)
    No, NOBODY else thinks that.
    His dress sense, voice and mannerisms would indicate otherwise.....

ReputationRep:
    I swear they put loads of the worst people on today.. just my opinion but on other days they're going to have to put like 4 of the best contenders in one semi final, which'll mean the final will end up with a load of rubbish people..

Having said that, none of them are brilliant this year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    They're hot but act is CRAP.

tell me about it. i'm in love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeLatics)
    There are a **** load of pianists 10 times better than Paul, tbf.
    True, but what Joe did was worse than what the professionals do on television - it was just platforms and rails, and it is only getting votes because the stupidly dim british audience think he is some kind of master on the bike. Honestly, a quick youtube search will show that what Joe did today was not special at all, whereas Paul clearly has the makings of a great pianist as he just plays his (fairly complicated) piece so effortlessly, and it was completely flawless, unlike Joe's performance, where he was bouncing on his bike 7-8 times to position himself before making the actual jump. I dunno, it just seemed like Paul is more of a natural talent to me, but neither of them are going to win this to be honest so either way it doesn't really matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A level Az)
    True, but what Joe did was worse than what the professionals do on television
    It was pretty good/entertaining IMO, and there aren't that many better bikers than him. Although Danny McAskill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o is by far the best!

Paul was good but personally I think my brother is better. He's passed his grade 8 already and has only been playing for about 4/5 years. He can play by ear and play far more complicated pieces than this guy.

Anyway hopefully tomorrows semi final will be better.

ReputationRep:
    Let's be honest , the pianist only got through because of the black vote. He was nothing more than alright and playing the piano so quietly as he does will have no impact. The biker was really different, entertaining and there was a sense of intrigue as to what was going to come next. If that was 2 white guys the biker would have sailed through.

ReputationRep:
    I just wish that French dancer had gone through instead of the crying one.
    Pretty bad haul this year especially when compared to Spellbound.
    The 'rubbish' ones aren't funny though I did check out the balloon guy from another series on youtube and about wet myself.

Also, I wish Michael had never gone on this show, it just isn't worthy of his greatness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fred Ivanovic)
    It was pretty good/entertaining IMO, and there aren't that many better bikers than him. Although Danny McAskill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o is by far the best!

Paul was good but personally I think my brother is better. He's passed his grade 8 already and has only been playing for about 4/5 years. He can play by ear and play far more complicated pieces than this guy.

Anyway hopefully tomorrows semi final will be better.
    Yeah that video is cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSmithsIndeed)
    I just wish that French dancer had gone through instead of the crying one.
    Pretty bad haul this year especially when compared to Spellbound.
    The 'rubbish' ones aren't funny though I did check out the balloon guy from another series on youtube and about wet myself.

Also, I wish Michael had never gone on this show, it just isn't worthy of his greatness.
    Definitely ... the standard is nothing now. The show is cheapened. It's going to fizzle out in years to come.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    No. He's 12 for goodness sake.

He's an innocent child. Stop speculating about his sexuality, he's so young, he can be whatever he wants, whenever he chooses
    You kidding? I've never seen anybody at that age so camp before, his mother wants shot for dressing him like that aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halii_94)
    i know the two body poppers were similar but they should have put them both through and not the friggin eye popper!
    OR that guy with the mask from last night.
    OR the "sexy" dancers
    OR that girl who sings and the dog goes woooooooo
    i didnt think Jai McDowall was SUPER good
    HERBIE ARMSTRONG?

Nathan Wyburn - good first time, but all the time?? really.

michael was better than Razy though, dont you think??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turnerf)
    OR that guy with the mask from last night.
    OR the "sexy" dancers
    OR that girl who sings and the dog goes woooooooo
    i didnt think Jai McDowall was SUPER good
    HERBIE ARMSTRONG?

Nathan Wyburn - good first time, but all the time?? really.

michael was better than Razy though, dont you think??
    Razy is really talented and he has a lot of potential, especially with what he CAN do. AND he's an emotional crying dude which is good for BGT. But the problem that, in my opinion, makes me think that Michael is better is his choreography.

I think he can do more than Michael and is more impressive but his choreography is lacking. He can do impressive stuff but making a choreography for his act seems to be his fault.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sadian)
    Razy is really talented and he has a lot of potential, especially with what he CAN do. AND he's an emotional crying dude which is good for BGT. But the problem that, in my opinion, makes me think that Michael is better is his choreography.

I think he can do more than Michael and is more impressive but his choreography is lacking. He can do impressive stuff but making a choreography for his act seems to be his fault.
    But i think the emotional stuff makes people like him when they shouldn't. Well not that they shouldn't, but i think it puts him at an unfair advantage.
    I believe that Michael was a far better dancer. His body just wasnt his, it was just sooo surreal to watch. He did something new - the balloon - in the reaudition, whilst Razi did the same, sort of.

ReputationRep:
    They both should have gotten through.

ReputationRep:
    Ronan is definitely you know what

ReputationRep:
    Who went through last night?

That gay lad was ok but nothing great.
    There are many many people who can play the piano to at the least the level of that guy but he seems like such a nice person I couldn't begrudge him anything
    The biker should have went through :yep:

The 'sexy' girls were an absolute joke as usual.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.