Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Britain's Got Talent 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?
    Ronan Parke (Singer)
    11.63%
    Paul Gbegbaje (Pianist)
    3.72%
    New Bounce (Singers)
    2.79%
    Jean Martyn (Organist)
    6.51%
    Les Gibson (Impressionist)
    14.88%
    James Hobley (Dancer)
    4.19%
    Jai McDowall (Singer)
    9.77%
    Steven Hall (Comedy Dancer)
    5.58%
    Razy Gogonea (Breakdancer)
    30.70%
    Michael Collings (Singer/Guitarist)
    10.23%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harryman999)
    Ronan is definitely you know what
    Totally agree

ReputationRep:
    The guy who played piano was an absolute joke, I actually laughed when I heard him start A Thousand Miles, it was like the "in" piano piece to learn when I was in like year 7. He doesn't deserve to be on that show.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher)
    The guy who played piano was an absolute joke, I actually laughed when I heard him start A Thousand Miles, it was like the "in" piano piece to learn when I was in like year 7. He doesn't deserve to be on that show.
    LOOL you got your 9001 post ... posting this

True ... he just get votes cos of his story / background ...

He said he got bullied, people treated him differently because he was weird blah blah ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher)
    I play the piano, and I know what is good, and admittedly he isn't the best. But he has come from a fairly disadvantaged background so give him some credit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turnerf)
    But i think the emotional stuff makes people like him when they shouldn't. Well not that they shouldn't, but i think it puts him at an unfair advantage.
    I believe that Michael was a far better dancer. His body just wasnt his, it was just sooo surreal to watch. He did something new - the balloon - in the reaudition, whilst Razi did the same, sort of.
    I got to disagree with that completely. I couldn't give a **** how emotional someone is on the show, but Razy imo was definately the better dancer. Michael's baloon thing at the start was awful, and the rest of his act was good but nothing exceptional. His first act was much better. Raz on the other hand just left me speechless again - he did things that I'd never seen before. I don't even know how they're actually possible!

Still, both acts should obviously have gone through to the semi's. With better choreography (along the lines of his first act but better) Michael still had a great chance of winning.

ReputationRep:
    can anyone tell me why is that kid On BGT is copying so many disney/nick teens and coping a certain teen idol that begins with JB and also if he wins he no longer needs school/degree as he is rich and will go on to appear on disney and nick shows

as well as being a dumb f*** so no education for him as he will be rich

ReputationRep:
    Have you been educated?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you mad.

ReputationRep:
    While I'm not entirely sure what the hell you're going on about, I can't help but feel that something about a reality show you (presumably) aren't on is an "everyday Issue". Care to explain?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone gone so far as to want to be more like?

ReputationRep:
    watch this and you'll se what i mean
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRCDU6N3MCM

don't like this he is too young and although he has "talent" he needs an education first and also why the hell is copying american teens look

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 01jtiong)
    can anyone tell me why is that kid On BGT is copying so many disney/nick teens and coping a certain teen idol that begins with JB and also if he wins he no longer needs school/degree as he is rich and will go on to appear on disney and nick shows

as well as being a dumb f*** so no education for him as he will be rich
    :lolwut:
    He's not copying. And if he is, why should it matter? It's his life.

I think he has a great voice

Edit: by the way, Ronan says he doesn't want to be compared to Justin Bieber

ReputationRep:
    even though he is too young and if he wins then he will be on disney/nick shows

and girls will say "oh look he has cute face, smooth and all that"

he will become rich and its all wrong anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 01jtiong)
    watch this and you'll se what i mean
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRCDU6N3MCM

don't like this he is too young and although he has "talent" he needs an education first and also why the hell is copying american teens look
    Surely he's allowed to wear what he likes. He doesent actually want to be like JB, and he can sing. he has a different style. you say he's too young, but fail to take into consideration that once his voice breaks, it may wreck his singing. he can get an education at any point in his life - even get a better one if he makes money from his voice

ReputationRep:
    then you have these fans saying he is so cute, anyone is cute if you have a smooth face, no spots etc

besides, it people like him that make me go mad, shouldn;t exisit or have such a talent, it makes people mad becuase when he wins he already makes a 6 figure salary at 12/13 while the rest of us can't make that type of money untill after x number of years and thats after tax

people work their ass of to earn the money famous people make while people like him can already make money the rest of us struggle already at 12/13

I blame the parents anyway no control over their kid

ReputationRep:
    You sound like you've got some serious issues with other people making the most of their talent, so what if he enters a show like this and fast tracks his way up, wouldn't you if you could? Give the kid a break jeeeeez!

ReputationRep:
    Sound arguemnt OP. ****ing parents should control their children. It's morally reprehensible to allow your child to do what he clearly loves and get lots of money for doing so. Wait a second...

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't mind if it was an adult who already had his/her life already

the fact remains is that kids have this insane idea that tv talent shows are the only way to make money and make money quicker than the rest of us

ReputationRep:
    No punctuation...Must neg....

ReputationRep:
    Well its not just kids is it, how many adults go onto the show? At the end of the day the music business is tough to crack, and if you can go on a show and get a deal out of it then fair play to the boy! And to say the parents 'have no control over the kid', so should they not let him follow his dream no? Dude you've got some deluded views!!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.