Turn on thread page Beta

Britain's Got Talent 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?
    Ronan Parke (Singer)
    11.63%
    Paul Gbegbaje (Pianist)
    3.72%
    New Bounce (Singers)
    2.79%
    Jean Martyn (Organist)
    6.51%
    Les Gibson (Impressionist)
    14.88%
    James Hobley (Dancer)
    4.19%
    Jai McDowall (Singer)
    9.77%
    Steven Hall (Comedy Dancer)
    5.58%
    Razy Gogonea (Breakdancer)
    30.70%
    Michael Collings (Singer/Guitarist)
    10.23%

ReputationRep:
    He is copying them because it is obviously a good way to make a **** load of money and be successful. You'd be lying or an idiot to pass up the chance to fame and money, as ultimately that is what people in life want: attention and material possessions. Fame gives you both, other people get jealous, and you can say you're not jealous but you are.

ReputationRep:
    The only thing that bothered me about that kid was the skinny jeans and his hair. He has a nice voice and when he reaches adolescence he may have lost the chance to sing professionally.

Youx just jealous. :smug:

ReputationRep:
    Because he probably thought "I can do that", then asked his parents to audition, turns out he's good, and gets through... but you think its awful? Jealous much? He might not make LOADS of money out of it at all, and a lot of kids decide to go back to school anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I see what you mean.
    Although he has some talent, children should be running around being children not making money. Although it was his choice to take part in such a contest, he is a child and shouldnt be making such decisions at such a young age, at the end of the day a child is not aware fully of what they want and what is good for them. I am sure his parents are not in it to make money but it can easily be misused.

Also I think fame at a young age can mess up the future of the child. I dont think the child will be able to make a choice regarding their future, occupation after a burst of fame.

ReputationRep:
    its not jealously here

I am stating the fact that people like him appear on tv and eventually appear on teen shows

he makes money which takes the rest of us yrs to earn

12 yr old makes tonnes of money while the rest of takes yrs to earn and after tax

ReputationRep:
    You're just jealous of him, I'm also jealous.

ReputationRep:
    At first I didn't like this kid, but now, after reading this thread and your idiotic views I actually like him. You are a ****ing moron. Of course he is allowed to make money stop being jealous you little ****, just because you can't sing. He's talented unlike you, that's why he will make money.

ReputationRep:
    jealously is not in the question

the debate is too many of him/people like him , too many of them are around and think he can get round by his smooth, cute face and people will fancy him also
    appearing on tv make him rich

he is too young and shouldn;t be allowed

ReputationRep:
    is this guy justin beieebers brother? p.s (looks like a smug little ****)

ReputationRep:
    So no-one should use their talents because us joe public won't earn as much as them? Its a business, just like everything else in this world...

Where do you keep getting this 'teen shows' thing from aswell? How many people end up on them, they usually start off on them from what I've seen?

ReputationRep:
    Whoever watches BGT is a bum because britain has got no talent.

ReputationRep:
    but makes money ton of money while the rest of us takes yrs to earn mega bucks

remember also if he wins he will go to america and become an american and appear on disney/nick shows and get a girl friend becayse of his looks and therefore no education for him because no time for studying

people who look like that are wrong

the whole thing is wrong

ReputationRep:
    You seem to live with some weird views!! If the money is there to be made through a talent what he obviously has, then why not go for it? I'm sure his parents aren't stupid enough to let him just give up on education 100%.... So what if he is appealling to young girls, thats what most 'popstars' do!

ReputationRep:
    oops, too late!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 01jtiong)
    but makes money ton of money while the rest of us takes yrs to earn mega bucks

remember also if he wins he will go to america and become an american and appear on disney/nick shows and get a girl friend becayse of his looks and therefore no education for him because no time for studying

people who look like that are wrong

the whole thing is wrong
    So you're mad that he'll earn a lot of money, and get hot babes due to being a star? Definitely sounds like this is jealousy. Also, you keep bringing up education, yet you've quite clearly flunked English classes.

ReputationRep:
    he is too young, parents should have more sense than let their kid go on a tv talent show

most parents i know want their kid to have a decent education, degree then get a job if such parents have no sense and allow their kids to go onto tv and expolit them

also no education and why not just become rich

ReputationRep:
    Why is he on BGT?
    Surely X Factor is the right place??

inb4- too young - the time that he waits can be used to improve

ReputationRep:
    Dude I think you need to get yourself some education before you come on here ****ging this young kid off!!

ReputationRep:
    he is wrong

too young

shouldn't exisit at all

parents fault at this

and also disney and nick may want him after this

he will get hooked with disney channel stars

then move to america,

wrong

ReputationRep:
    Envy: "A feeling of discontented or resentful longing aroused by someone else's possessions, qualities, or luck"

He has talent and some people are luckier than others. That's life. You can't stop him from using his talent just because you're envious.

Also, it's his decision to go on the show. Why not let him do what he wants? Ronan and his family know what's best for him, not some random person who's never even met him before :rolleyes: Oh, and he can move wherever he wants. Stop complaining about things that haven't even happened.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.