Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Britain's Got Talent 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?
    Ronan Parke (Singer)
    11.63%
    Paul Gbegbaje (Pianist)
    3.72%
    New Bounce (Singers)
    2.79%
    Jean Martyn (Organist)
    6.51%
    Les Gibson (Impressionist)
    14.88%
    James Hobley (Dancer)
    4.19%
    Jai McDowall (Singer)
    9.77%
    Steven Hall (Comedy Dancer)
    5.58%
    Razy Gogonea (Breakdancer)
    30.70%
    Michael Collings (Singer/Guitarist)
    10.23%

Please say I am not the only one absolutely bored rigid of the Live shows?? . . The acts are incredibly boring. Ok 'New Bounce' and Jean (cant remember her surname) were the only alright acts tonight, everyone else = boring! :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stratos)
    Although to be fair it does say on the BGT website on the Q&A section that they were west end actors, and some of them did singing practise from 5/go to acting school.
    Fair enough then; I think it's worse when they don't mention it. Part of me wants to say that BGT should be for the general public to get their big break - no-one with an agent or who is currently/has been a high profile performer in the west end, because it's not really fair - especially when you get people who are called by the producers and asked to audition in front of the judges, rather than applying and going along to the producers audition then the audition in front of the judges.

ReputationRep:
    "We always hope that we are going to launch somebody's career off the back off this"

What do? Put through the women who smiles whilst almost playing hideously dated 'boogie' on a piano.

The judges decide that it's funny to pretend she's loveable and idiot public decides its ironic or something to like her.

I was also really annoyed they brought back Britney. I felt so sorry for her - they build her hopes up, she spends her time practising and stressing over her big moment all so that they can rip into her again. If she was ****, why bring her back? Did you think she would suddenly be able to sing and dance like Britney? The only excuse they could give is that they liked it more when she lay on the table. ****ing ridiculous.

SO MUCH RAGE.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I don't get the fuss about New Bounce, thought they were awful.
    Loving Jean though :dance:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~ Purple Rose ~)
    Jean is amazing :yep: I wanna hug her :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Hardly variety going through. Camp singing kid and an average pino player one night then a group of camp kids signing and an eccentric keyboard player the next.

ReputationRep:
    Why does everyone love Jean so much? She epitomises all that is **** about this year's competition.

I did like New Bounce though. I thought they were good.

ReputationRep:
    Wonder if Jean getting through was David and Karen's greatest illusion ever and actually come Saturday this will be revealed when they are in the final. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~ Purple Rose ~)
    I don't get the fuss over them either! I didn't think they were terrible, but they aren't brilliant and I really don't think they'll win, unless loads of young teenage girls vote for them. I do like Jean, she is talented and very likeable...she just makes you feel happy Quite gutted that David and Karen never got through though, they had an exciting act. I was very impressed! :yes: I don't think last nights semi-final was as good as the first semi-final, and I really wanted Joe to got through instead of Paul.

Ronan has a good chance of winning I think, but I reckon that Simon might give him a record deal, even if he doesn't win because that boy has an phenomenol
    voice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diane_h)
    I think the semi-finals should have an act "theme" each night, so we definately have a VARIETY final. such as; Monday - Dance Night, Tuesday - Children and Animals, Wednesday - Magic & Illusion, Thursday - Comedy & Novelty, Friday - "Out of the Ordinary". Gives the acts a fair chance, like tonight, how do you compare an eccentric keyboard player to a britney spears impersonator?
    That's a great idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Why does everyone love Jean so much? She epitomises all that is **** about this year's competition.

I did like New Bounce though. I thought they were good.
    I really like her.

I've kinda given up on the show actually concentrating on pure talent. I used to root for the cleaaarly amazing acts and got disappointed a lot, doh. My personal favourite was the magic act, and then Jean just because she provided the fun factor. Just watching her made me laugh :lol: Obviously she isn't as good as some of the others, but I did find her entertaining :yep: When things get serious I tend to get bored and drift off... so at least she'll keep my attention :yep:

ReputationRep:
    This year has been the worst year ever in the history of these kinds of shows. People tapping their hands on a table? Someone who can bulge their eyes out? A Britney Spears impersonator who can neither dance nor sing? An old man who is like a bad pub singer? A squad of strippers? David Hasselhoff telling people they're "flat", as if he can hold a tune himself? This is coming from a man who was in Baywatch years ago, and since then has done nothing except somehow get judging jobs and release one song that I can remember (which was a joke). And the two pianists who have been on so far were not even technically that good.

The best act I've seen was New Bounce, who were really not that great anyway. And the magicians. And the little boy who sang, but he was annoying.

Britain's Got **** All Talent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeekendOffender)
    and release one song that I can remember (which was a joke)..
    Come onnn, jump in my car! :awesome:

...Sorry :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by souldoubt)
    I really like her.

I've kinda given up on the show actually concentrating on pure talent. I used to root for the cleaaarly amazing acts and got disappointed a lot, doh. My personal favourite was the magic act, and then Jean just because she provided the fun factor. Just watching her made me laugh :lol: Obviously she isn't as good as some of the others, but I did find her entertaining :yep: When things get serious I tend to get bored and drift off... so at least she'll keep my attention :yep:
    Anyone under the age of 40 (probably even 50) shouldn't have found her entertaining. You're clearly way past your years.

Why did you get disappointed a lot when you rooted for amazing acts? The amazing acts have ended up winning, or at least making the final, and performing great acts. How can you be disappointed at that? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I've been seriously disappointed with this year's contestants. There hasn't been anyone who's "stood out". The likes of George Sampson, Diversity, Susan Boyle, Paul Potts.. there's just nobody this year, and I'm not "rooting" for anyone!

If I had to pick, I honestly would go for Jean. Because the thing is, she's fun, she'll have people laughing and tapping their feet.. with such a long show as the Royal Variety, you need that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Anyone under the age of 40 (probably even 50) shouldn't have found her entertaining. You're clearly way past your years.

Why did you get disappointed a lot when you rooted for amazing acts? The amazing acts have ended up winning, or at least making the final, and performing great acts. How can you be disappointed at that? :confused:
    If having the outlook of a 50 year old allows me to enjoy things,
    I shall embrace it :yep:

Nah, I just meant I used to get really annoyed when a good act didn't get through because a sillier or less impressive one took the place. It doesn't bother me now - acts like Jean may not be full of talent but they're very amusing and fun to watch. I dunno, I guess I must have matured about thirty years.

ReputationRep:
    That guy in the orange hoodie will probably win, everyone has been pretty much dire this year.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Everyone should vote Edward Reid on Thursday :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    Everyone should vote Edward Reid on Thursday :yep:
    Yes! Will do :yep:

:five:

ReputationRep:
    James Hobley looks like Draco Malfoy. :mmm:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.