This discussion is closed.
curryADD
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by woody)
You know ther thinking of starting school earlier and finishing about 1 o clock. Do you agree that that is a stupid one, I can't even get up on time now!

I start at 8.35 how early does everyone else start?
we start at 7:25 and end at 2:30!
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
7.25?!!
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
7.25?!!
yes, they dont have enough school buses for the high schools to start at the same time as the junior highers.

its a complicated system centered around the dumbest things: big yellow buses.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
yes, they dont have enough school buses for the high schools to start at the same time as the junior highers.

its a complicated system centered around the dumbest things: big yellow buses.
and the school buses pick the average kid up around 6:30.

so NO-ONE COMPLAIN ABOUT 8:30!
Buttons
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Eeyore)
8:45 registration, lessons start at 9:50-55. We finish at 3:30
Same here.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Buttons)
Same here.
you are so lucky! *glares*
Linda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I start 8 every day except from Wednesday when I start 9.45.
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I start at 9:15 and finish at 3:25 - we might start to finish at 3 though and have a shorter dinner.
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
OMG - i could neva do that!! y do u start so early??
Nicci_babe
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by woody)
You know ther thinking of starting school earlier and finishing about 1 o clock. Do you agree that that is a stupid one, I can't even get up on time now!

Mine is 8.40 til 3.10
Pollo Loco
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I start at 9 and finish at 3.45. All very normal! Donn't think i could start as early as 7.25, i'm not usually awake by that time in the morning, even if i'm out of bed!!
Sweetpeaz
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
if you think 4pm is late, wait till you go to uni! on most days i finish early, but once a week i finish at 5pm, and on the odd occasion i finish at 6pm! then again, i never start before 10am so always get a lie in
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by woody)

before sixthform our school time used to start at 8:30. Since i'm doing four a levels (why oh why???!) i tend to start 4/5 dayz at 8:50 and finish 3/5 days at 4:00
blissy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
My nightmare day is lectures at 9, 11, 1 then supervisions at 2.30 and 4.30, so my day is effectively from 7.30 am to 6.15pm with no real respite. And then there's work to do in the evening... Oh I hate Tuesdays.
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
My mate who studies Dentistry calls me a part time student, as my busiest day at Uni has 4 hours of teaching. My school started at 8.30 and finished at 4.05 with no breaks and 15 mins for breakfast and 30 mins for lunch - how did I cope?
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)
My school started at 8.30 and finished at 4.05 with no breaks and 15 mins for breakfast and 30 mins for lunch - how did I cope?
Ok maybe i shouldn' complain...yet on wednesday i have triple history after lunch (3 hours!!!) and finish at 4:20 - no fair.
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
Ok maybe i shouldn' complain...yet on wednesday i have triple history after lunch (3 hours!!!) and finish at 4:20 - no fair.
Ha Ha. Is it a good history subject though? One of my friends who studies Law has 3 hours on mondays, and he said that the lecturer has to constantly ask people to wake up! That was one good point about my school, is was timetabled so you could never have the same lesson after another.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Ha Ha. Is it a good history subject though? One of my friends who studies Law has 3 hours on mondays, and he said that the lecturer has to constantly ask people to wake up! That was one good point about my school, is was timetabled so you could never have the same lesson after another.
History is brilliant, i feel a little regretful i won't be studying it at uni this sept. I don't mind having three straight lessons of history, it's just i get very tired, having had four lessons beforehand - it's a v. long day.
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
History is brilliant, i feel a little regretful i won't be studying it at uni this sept. I don't mind having three straight lessons of history, it's just i get very tired, having had four lessons beforehand - it's a v. long day.
I study History at Uni. Crikey, 7 lessons?! That is a long day, I had a maximum of 5, 1hr 15 mins each.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I study History at Uni. Crikey, 7 lessons?! That is a long day, I had a maximum of 5, 1hr 15 mins each.
Ok my lessons are 50 minutes each - you keep making my day sound - not so terrible!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (105)
43.75%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (39)
16.25%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (91)
37.92%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (5)
2.08%

Watched Threads