This discussion is closed.
jammyd
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
Ok my lessons are 50 minutes each - you keep making my day sound - not so terrible!
I'm sure its as bad as you say it is. When/If you go to Uni though and study an arts/social sciences course, you don't need to worry about a testing timetable, just lots of reading.
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
8:55 - 15:30.

20 minute break at 11:00.

1 hour break at 13:25.

5x 1 hour lessons.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think its a brilliant idea. itsscientifically proven that people take in most knowledge in the mornings.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)
I'm sure its as bad as you say it is. When/If you go to Uni though and study an arts/social sciences course, you don't need to worry about a testing timetable, just lots of reading.
I don't mind reading. I'm pretty fast at that - it scares my friends but it makes sense since i'l be studying english literature. I spent a week last year in UCL on a history course, i loved the lectures...and heard history students had a lot of free time - i hope it applies for english students.
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I don't mind reading. I'm pretty fast at that - it scares my friends but it makes sense since i'l be studying english literature. I spent a week last year in UCL on a history course, i loved the lectures...and heard history students had a lot of free time - i hope it applies for english students.
Yeah I guess you'll have quite a bit, but they can't make you read too many books at once. You will probably have plenty of free time.
Pegasus
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
and the school buses pick the average kid up around 6:30.

so NO-ONE COMPLAIN ABOUT 8:30!
Jeez! I didn't even realise that there was a 6:30 in the morning!!
Pegasus
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ok my lessons are 50 minutes each - you keep making my day sound - not so terrible!
I have a maximum of 3 lessons a day...unfortunatly the shortest ones are 2 hours and the longest are 3 hours.
woody
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I have 7 lessons a day but usualkly I have about 2-3 free. They come inpairs so most lesssons end up being 1 1/2 hours. When I'm not in lessons I just read cos I get bored.
androidkiller
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I start at 8.25, but normally get there about 8.05 due to having to get a bus. 20 min registration first, tha you have to attend, 20 min break at 10.45, 1 hour lunch at 1.05. Five 1 hour lessons, ending at 3.10 due to 5 min regisration time for lower years after lunch.. You normally do each A level subject one lesson a day but since I'm doing 4 and also do Further Maths once a week by distance learning, had a General Studies lesson once a week before exams and have a sports lesson (all non-compulsory - I'm just a glutton for punishment) I only had 2 frees a week. Plus I do Japanese GCSE 2 lunchtinmes a week and try to go to the fitness suite once a fortnight! Busy! At least you can go home in frees and if lessons are cancelled you don't have to go.

I'd much rather finish at 1 and go home than have to stay for lunch, but my school would proably just move lunch earlier so they could get the income!

Funny though, how changing the times so afternoons are free is being proposed at the moment, but 5 years ago when we did a mock European election one of my parties policies was to finish school early. We got about three quarters of the votes!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (138)
61.88%
No I haven't decided yet (49)
21.97%
Yes but I might change my mind (36)
16.14%

Watched Threads