Formula Notes for OCR Unit 2, "Electrons, Waves and Photons"

Watch
=coldfire=
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I made an annotated formula sheet for this unit, which I, and those in my class have found very useful. It is great to help during revision, and then you should become familiar with all of the information on it, and only need to to occassionaly check things. It has all the equations, all the symbols used, and what they mean, (e.g. n=number of charge carries per meter cubed), and simple names for them which give their use. I hope it is able to help some of you, it has kindly been uploaded here:

http://core.physicsinfo.co.uk/download.php?file=1326

Preview
itzme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by =coldfire=)
I made an annotated formula sheet for this unit, which I, and those in my class have found very useful. It is great to help during revision, and then you should become familiar with all of the information on it, and only need to to occassionaly check things. I hope it is able to help some of you, it has kindly been uploaded here:

http://core.physicsinfo.co.uk/download.php?file=1326

Preview
Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuu so so much

very useful!
itzme
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I just have one question though: can you please explain what is potential difference and emf? In simple language please (I read a few definitions, but honestly I don't see)
mf2004
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
that looks quite good.

just wanted to point out a little mistake: the units of planck's constant isn't joule or ev, it Joule*second, or ev*second. It probably won't matter much but following your units the equation for the energy of a photon is dimensionally wrong.
=coldfire=
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I've updated it a bit, fixed a minor error, and made it a bit better formatted.
Cydcal
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by itzme)
I just have one question though: can you please explain what is potential difference and emf? In simple language please (I read a few definitions, but honestly I don't see)
The emf is the power source so the definition we got given was energy per unit charge transferred from another form to electrical energy. Pd is the components and the definition for that is: energy per unit charged transferred from electrical energy to another form of energy. So basically the emf is using an energy (say in power plants they use kinetic energy) to create electricity then the pd take that electrical energy and transfer it to something else like a light bulb produces heat energy. I hope this helps i found it confusing for ages.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (252)
39.75%
Take autumn exams (188)
29.65%
Look for a job (21)
3.31%
Consider an apprenticeship (25)
3.94%
Take a year out (110)
17.35%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (38)
5.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed