The Student Room Group

Is the UK becoming more racist?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I have suffered more racism in my homeland than here tbh.
Not at all, I think our tolerance is shrinking which is why there's so much hype about racism all the time, which leads people to think racism is on the rise.
Reply 22
There's definitely far more Islamophobia which technically, doesn't constitute to racism.

Personally, I don't agree with Political Correctness, but there's non-PC and there's just being a plain a**hole.

Also, due to "free speech", people are far more inclined to inflict racial jibes.

Another thing, the newspapers are far less interested in running headlines to do with racism because it's - once again unfortunately - becoming a social norm.
Reply 23
Original post by cometgirl
Did your mother drop you on the head when you were a baby or something?
Since when does cutting down on immigration equate to inflicting genocide?
OdinsThunder has just GOT to be a troll because they advocate a solution to a problem that doesn't go hand in hand with your set of morals and values.
Immigration is a huge problem that hasn't been solved because people like you are stuck in a way of thinking that's 'safe'. You're not even exploring the possibilities of controversial alternatives. All your 'facts' and other rubbish you write down are based on feelings, and feelings don't solve anything; they're an obstruction when it comes to finding solutions.

What the **** are you on about, have you seen the posts by odinsthunder? I never said he was like hitler because he wants to just control Immigration! If you actually bother to go read his posts you can see not only is he in favour of controlling immigration, he advocates the deportation of all those that are not white. He has clearly stated he hates all of those that are of a different enthinic background than he is, in other words he hates anyone that isn't white. Thats why I responded the way i did. His solution is not the same as someone that mearly wants to control immigration.

So next time you decide to attack someone for a comment they made, why don't actually find out why they made those comments!

Unless you actually have looked at his posts and agree with his view points and you yourself are a clear cut bigot?
As a whole no.

If the UK is becoming more racist then the BNP would be a more popular political party... they aren't, so that answers your question, partly at the very least.
Reply 25
There's a lot of people who don't understand what racism is. Calling someone black or Muslim or Chinese isn't racist, discrimination in whatever form is. Now yes I agree that in the last 10 years the government and local authorities have been over zealous in trying to neutralise British/English traditions and culture in order to integrate immigrants, but this is really due to disproportionate political ideology and not some immigrant led plot to take over the country. I'm supportive of a new desire to enforce a greater sense of British national identity, but it is racist and xenophobic to blame this purely on immigration numbers and immigrants themselves, this situation is created by a Labour government that failed to grasp the mood of the nation.
Reply 26
It differs across different regions of the UK, I'm from London which is highly diverse so you don't really witness much racism around here. However there are many who are covertly racist ...
It has always been racist
I live in London some might say
A posh area and full of people who hate
Blacks/Asian and Islam
Reply 28
Original post by wactm
I think the opposite is true tbh.

Too much political correctness. A black person is a black person and a brown person is a brown person. **** this 'coloured' crap.

"Coloured" is a really old-fashioned and ignorant word. No-one uses that word anymore....
Reply 29
yes defo!!! I came here in the UK in 2009 and no one and I say no one in my school used to say a racist thing about different ethnicity but now all of my friends are discriminating against gypsies (and they are not even a race), they are discriminating against how indian people are taking over the UK becasue they have loads of shops and hospital are full of indians doctors (obviously indians are the best doctors if there are many of them:tongue:).
They are also being racist about italian people like "they just eat pizza and pasta" or "they have a pedofile for president they must be all like that then".
All the people that come from another country which is not the UK believes that it is the least racist country in the world, but then I just notice little things like they always want to know which ethnicity you belong to :/ isn't that weird or is just some control thingy that they do here?????:confused:
Original post by therealOG
"Coloured" is a really old-fashioned and ignorant word. No-one uses that word anymore....

PC bull****. Why does it matter if people use it?
Reply 31
Yes. Thanks to the PC Brigade and people like Harriet Harman, the rights of white people are being removed - or rather minorities are being given more rights than white people. Anti-racism is a guise for anti-white and it's actually sad people think this is the way to defeat racism and promote equality.
Reply 32
Original post by rajandkwameali
PC bull****. Why does it matter if people use it?

It doesn't really matter if people use it, because chances are that the person using it will never be in a position of real authority and power.
So successful people are never racists? How so? Where does this supposed correlation between tolerance and power arise from?
Reply 34
England at least from what I see in Manchester is not racist.I see black people getting along with white British and I like it.I see that there are many people of Asian origin and they live their lives without having any trouble.However racism in Europe is rising.People are desperate with the economic recession and the loss of jobs and they put the blame on foreigners that they take their jobs.However fortunately there aren't so many with wrong notion..
I've been called a Paki more times since 9/11 than prior to it......im a British Hindu btw

Although as a British Asian, I do believe that Britain is a much more tolerable and ethnically diverse country that our European Counterparts, our Multicultural community is much more prominent.....but obviously every country has their nutters...you know the type

I just want peace :cry2:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by rajandkwameali

Isn't it always been this racist? Had a few racist incidents during my short time in Taunton, Somerset.
Reply 37
Original post by Ferrero Rocher
No, we're probably the least racist country in Europe.

err..what about Nederland? Or Liechtenstein? Or a Scandinavian country?
Original post by leletta
yes defo!!! I came here in the UK in 2009 and no one and I say no one in my school used to say a racist thing about different ethnicity but now all of my friends are discriminating against gypsies (and they are not even a race), they are discriminating against how indian people are taking over the UK becasue they have loads of shops and hospital are full of indians doctors (obviously indians are the best doctors if there are many of them:tongue:).
They are also being racist about italian people like "they just eat pizza and pasta" or "they have a pedofile for president they must be all like that then".
All the people that come from another country which is not the UK believes that it is the least racist country in the world, but then I just notice little things like they always want to know which ethnicity you belong to :/ isn't that weird or is just some control thingy that they do here?????:confused:

1. Common people who live in houses like the majority of us on TSR hate travelers (pikeys/gypsies) because they are thieving people who will steal anything that is made of metal or they can tow with a transit van and they are can often be very violent. I always see a van with three large males in roaming roads in my area scouting out items that they could steal.

2. Yes there are a lot of indian doctors in this country and that is because all of the good doctors that are produced in this country go off to America where they can presumably earn more money and we (UK) are stuck with the doctors that come from india because they can earn more money here than in india.

As long as the doctors are fully qualified and know what they are doing then it doesn't matter where they come from.

3. Can't be bothered to answer the other mindless ramblings of yours... :tongue:
Reply 39
Original post by LiterallyInsane
It has always been racist
I live in London some might say
A posh area and full of people who hate
Blacks/Asian and Islam

What? Really? Which area?

As a male third world immigrant I can safely say that those people are really too old and powerless to threaten us physically or financially in any way though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending