This discussion is closed.
*Joanna*
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I know this is a really strange thread to start, but can anybody recommend some hand cream or moisturiser that isn't greasy, sinks in quite quickly and definitely doesn't sting?! My hands are so dry the knuckles crack everytime I move them so I'm bleeding all over my homework! But the stuff I've got really hurts to put it on, so I'm bad and don't bother. Help appreciated!

Jo xx
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Vaseline, its good enough for your ass, its good enough for your hands!
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by *Joanna*)
I know this is a really strange thread to start, but can anybody recommend some hand cream or moisturiser that isn't greasy, sinks in quite quickly and definitely doesn't sting?! My hands are so dry the knuckles crack everytime I move them so I'm bleeding all over my homework! But the stuff I've got really hurts to put it on, so I'm bad and don't bother. Help appreciated!

Jo xx

if theyre so dry they're bleading then you need stuff on prescription...

love Katy ***
Bitewing
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That Norweigen stuff, - Neutrogena (sp?)
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Nivea cream its cheap and cheerful unscented and works a treat, you could do with tea tree or something to heal the cuts up but that will sting a bit.
gayboy09
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by *Joanna*)

Jo xx
TRIMOVATE - I get it on prescription.

IT is luminous yellow and also thins the skin. But it rubs in well and doesn't sting (to my knowledge). I got a massive eczema cut on one of my fingers, and after 3 days use it should be gona. Very nice.

REMEMBER! TRIMOVATE! LUMINOUS YELLOW! ask your doc for it.
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
Nivea cream its cheap and cheerful unscented and works a treat, you could do with tea tree or something to heal the cuts up but that will sting a bit.
diprobase cream is the pharmacutical sturff. nip down to yer doctor and ask them 2 prescribe u a big ass tub. iv got two!
*Joanna*
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Thanks for all the replies- will print them off and take the list to Boots!

Jo xx
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
dove moisturiser or George baby lotion (frm asda...........wer the baby stuff is! )..................both are really gud!
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'd say Neutrogena.
emom100
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
E45, they tend to give that out on prescription as well and you can get massive pots of it.
Kalypso
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Neutrogena is fantastic, as is the body shop Hemp hand protector cream
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by emom100)
E45, they tend to give that out on prescription as well and you can get massive pots of it.
I find E45 very good. It makes the area you put it on go red though, but it is very good. Helps a lot.
ButterCookie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ouch, that sounds painful! Sounds like you need some Shea Butter by L'Occitane, it's a bit expensive though!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (94)
24.42%
No (291)
75.58%

Watched Threads