Southampton Accommodation Watch

This discussion is closed.
serendipity
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I have an offer from Southampton - do i have to organise accommodation with them now? Thanks for any help
gemma1811
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by serendipity)
I have an offer from Southampton - do i have to organise accommodation with them now? Thanks for any help
No, i dont think you do. I got an offer from them back in November and I haven't had to sort out accommodation yet! I'm going to an open day there on Wednesday, so i'm sure we'll find out then exactly when we have to sort it out
Sophdoph
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I've just accepted Soton as my firm choice and haven't had accomodation details yet. Going to an Open Day in early march
serendipity
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
If you accept a uni as your firm or insurance choice you'll recieve an accommadation form soon after you send your decisions letter back to UCAS. (however remember that a lot of uni's wont guarantee a room if you're an insurance student (or they may guarantee it after 4 weeks of term so you may end up spending freshers week in a b&b))
Oh right, it's just that for Birmingham you send your accommodation form off as soon as poss - i sent mine back yesterday and haven't confirmed my decisions to UCAS or anything, so i was wondering if it's the same everywhere. Clearly B'hams the exception.
gemma1811
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by serendipity)
Oh right, it's just that for Birmingham you send your accommodation form off as soon as poss - i sent mine back yesterday and haven't confirmed my decisions to UCAS or anything, so i was wondering if it's the same everywhere. Clearly B'hams the exception.
LSE do that as well! I haven't had an offer so i haven't had to do it, but i know people that have had to, so its not only Birmingham!
MuvverRussia
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
BTW- for LSE it's better to have accepted your offer before applying for accommodation (accepting your offer takes all of 5 min), otherwise it creates more problems further down the line.
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by MuvverRussia)
BTW- for LSE it's better to have accepted your offer before applying for accommodation (accepting your offer takes all of 5 min), otherwise it creates more problems further down the line.
This is a Southhampton thread, not an LSE one.
MuvverRussia
Report 15 years ago
I was replying to Gemma's post. (Why single me out for comments when others have made posts regarding Birmingham etc- last time I checked Brum isn't in Soton as well.....?)

I know that Soton make you apply for accommodation as soon as you accept their offer- it was my insurance place. It's probably best to accept it as soon as possible, although if you accept it as your insurance offer then they won't guarantee accommodation for the first few weeks- also I was told that you would find it difficult to get a place on the Highfield campus, although this info is a bit out of date.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (74)
24.03%
No (234)
75.97%

Watched Threads