poor arsenal, poor poor arsenal...

Watch
morning boner
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
no really. the best team in the premier league and the best team to watch in the world, yet SO unlucky.

poor arsenal, POOR arsenal.

btw somebody post me the link of that van persie flick thingy in the penaulty box or w/e if they get it.
mdajoka
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Limitless
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xi9p93

Liverpool deserved it. In my opinion the played well throughout.
Genocidal
Badges: 19
Report 9 years ago
Epic ending. And Dalglish telling Wenger to piss off was epic.
NWA
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Poor Arsenal? They deserve it. Tapping it around for 90mins, fair enough if your barca or can do it well. Its obviously not working, 1 goal (from a penalty) in the past 3 home games? Something isn't working. And what the hell was Eboue thinking? Pffft. At this rate they will be lucky to get 2nd never mind winning the title.
Limitless
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Genocidal)
Epic ending. And Dalglish telling Wenger to piss off was epic.
Wenger then went on to swear at the ref. Haha.
KarimBenzema
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yes, they have frustrating games for their fans, but football doesn't come without frustration.

Arsenal will learn to live with it and despite past results they have one of the most respectable and exciting football teams in the world.

I certainly prefer watching Arsenal to any other team in the entire world (apart from RM).

They will grow from strength to strength, Arsenal fans should look forward to their bright future.
morning boner
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by NWA)
Poor Arsenal? They deserve it. Tapping it around for 90mins, fair enough if your barca or can do it well. Its obviously not working, 1 goal (from a penalty) in the past 3 home games? Something isn't working. And what the hell was Eboue thinking? Pffft. At this rate they will be lucky to get 2nd never mind winning the title.
i'd rather watch arsenal tap it around for 90 minutes then watch tottenham constantly lobbing the ball to crouch's head or bales feet. but according to tottenham fans, tottenham are the best team in the world haha. arsenal tapping the ball around for 90 minutes is something people would lose their arms to watch, shut up.

free kick at 100' and penaulty at 102' when the game was supposed to end at 98'. the whistle should have blew at 1-0, and they WERE the better side.

poor arsenal, poor poor arsenal
Glennith
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by morning boner)
i'd rather watch arsenal tap it around for 90 minutes then watch tottenham constantly lobbing the ball to crouch's head or bales feet. but according to tottenham fans, tottenham are the best team in the world haha. arsenal tapping the ball around for 90 minutes is something people would lose their arms to watch, shut up.

free kick at 100' and penaulty at 102' when the game was supposed to end at 98'. the whistle should have blew at 1-0, and they WERE the better side.

What is your understanding of the word minimum?

as in a minimum of 8 minutes stoppage time.
NWA
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i'd rather watch arsenal tap it around for 90 minutes then watch tottenham constantly lobbing the ball to crouch's head or bales feet. arsenal tapping the ball around for 90 minutes is something people would lose their arms to watch, shut up.

'Lose there arms to watch Arsenal'? i highly doubt that. And good for you, i prefer to watch Tottenham. All im saying is tippy tappy football is nice and pretty when it works, but when it doesn't it can be extremely boring to watch (e.g today). And don't even begin to blame the ref, blame Eboue.
Mr Goon
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm a gooner but its the same old arsenal. Liverpool shouldn't have even had the right to even be in our penalty area, i'm saying that not because they played poorer (which they didn't) but because when I watch united play, rarely do they have any nail-biting finishes piled on their shoulders. The only nervy moments are in the oppositions half and seperates the 2 clubs. Shelvey I think it was, rode about 3 challenges outside the box for suarez's free kick. If it was united, Vidic would have just blasted the ball into row z and the defence would've re-organised. Also Arsenal have wayyyyy too many average players. Do u really think eboue, rosicky, bendtner, squallici would even get a look in at united, NEVER.
theciz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yes, poor Arsenal. Their sixteenth penalty of the season and they still ****ed it up. Simply amazing.
xDave-
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I still don't get why everyone thinks they're the best to watch. Other than being absolutely hilarious week in week out, they don't have the "Barca factor" their fans claim to have.
taliman
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
no really. the best team in the premier league and the best team to watch in the world, yet SO unlucky.

poor arsenal, POOR arsenal.

btw somebody post me the link of that van persie flick thingy in the penaulty box or w/e if they get it.
LOL
The Egg Militia
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Pretty much sums up Arsenal's season after the carling cup upset.
Glennith
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by The Egg Militia)

Pretty much sums up Arsenal's season after the carling cup upset.
Don't be stealing my sig. :pierre:
The Egg Militia
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Glennith)
Don't be stealing my sig. :pierre:
I don't even have sigs turned on. I can't see it.
tufc
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Arsenal penalty was given at 96:53 I believe, not taken until 97:50 - one minute wasted.
Goal celebration + booking for RVP for taking his shirt off another 30 seconds.
Free kick given around 99:15, another 45 seconds wasted then booking Eboue + Lucas and sorting out the wall.
As such, we are on round about 100 minutes, with 2.5 minutes wasted. So really we are only on 97:30. The Laws of the Game stipulate then, that if a penalty is given, and the time runs out, time must be extended to allow for the penalty to be taken.
My only criticism is that the ref probably shouldn't have blown for FT straight away.
Fusion
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Get Wenger out!

Yoou won't win another trophy with him there, barring Emirates cup.
Zayne101
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Fusion)
Get Wenger out!

Yoou won't win another trophy with him there, barring Emirates cup.
Shame on you! the emirates cup is a real cup!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (514)
33.64%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (633)
41.43%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.42%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise