Darwinism, Creationism or Intelligent Design Theory Watch

This discussion is closed.
llama boy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
ID is a joke theory that has only gained any sort of credibility because the evangelical lobby in the US has spent millions of pounds on "scientific" research to further its cause.

No serious scientist who isn't on their payroll believes it.
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
gd answer. gold star for you.
And if my answer wasn't a tonne of BS, I'd be inclined to accept that gold star
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
No real opinion, I don't think it would be possible to prove any of them.
Kirki
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think that Darwinism is the most likely theory, but I am not a scientist and have not studied and so cannot say for certain. I dislike committing myself to a viewpoint without having studied it.

However, I do not think that Darwinism and the idea of some form of Higher Being are mutually exclusive. Certainly it goes against traditional Creationism, but beyond that I'm not sure that I see any problem.
Katie J
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Energy cannot be created nor destroyed. (or Matter, it doesn't make a difference to me, but then my science knowledge goes as far as my current A2 Chemistry & Biology!)

I'm a Christian evolutionist! I can't see how you can have creation without evolution & evolution without creation, I don't believe in 6 day creation, nor that the world is only 6000 years old, I've held skulls older than that, the creation I believe in is a spiritual one! I agree with Kirki, it's pretty hard to know either way, any good scientist will tell you that to have a valid conclusion it will need to be tried & tested, recreating the world isn't that easy!
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
*bump*
Read the first post
cofactor
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by timeofyourlife)
The book by Richard Dawkins which suggests we are genetically incapable of altruism and that the human species has a 'selfish gene' is an interesting one. It explains that humans were not genetically programmed to act for the good of the group, more so for the individual.
that theroy quite resembles that of the fundamental principle of Economics
Weejimmie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by cofactor)
that theroy quite resembles that of the fundamental principle of Economics
Darwin himself was inspired by the economists Malthus and Adam Smith.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
5.95%
They might tell the bully (19)
10.27%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.3%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
37.84%
There's nothing they could do (53)
28.65%

Watched Threads