AQA A PSYA1 25th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by ray of hope :)
ithink its experiments and hypothesis i really dont get

OK

3 types of experimental designs

Independent Group Designs
Tihs is where pps are randomaly allocated to a group.

Advantage is that there are no demand characteristics

disadvantage - you need twice as many participants and people in one group could just naturally be better than the other

Repeated Measures
each person does the same condition

advantage- any differences shouldnt effect the result

disadvantage- order effects, But if you use conterbalancing can be avoided

Matched Pairs
participants matched up according to details such as sex

advantage - important differences are minimised
no other effects

disadvantage - expensive

[QUOTE=ray of hope [excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];31686491]no but it is better if you do for the examiners, they'll like you more, but you WILL NOT LOSE MARKS (:

yep yep , you won't lose any marks
of course it's always good to show the examiner that you do, you know extra knowledge and that
but you WON'T get an extra mark for stating the name of the psychologist or anything
so as long as you know the study + evaluation you'll do fine :biggrin:
okay thanks, that's ringing bells (:
Reply 383
Ima go do a past paper now il be back in an hour or so. Ill help who ever needs help then in detail as it will aid my revision too. ciáó :biggrin:
Original post by brickingit
of course it's always good to show the examiner that you do, you know extra knowledge and that
but you WON'T get an extra mark for stating the name of the psychologist or anything

see everyone!! im not joking!! its true!
Original post by reapz
Ima go do a past paper now il be back in an hour or so. Ill help who ever needs help then in detail as it will aid my revision too. ciáó :biggrin:

good luck if we dont cross paths again, you'll do great (:
Reply 386
Also I made this revision video over the xmas hols... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJO0BBabnZE it's not everything, but it's a bit.
Good luck once again :smile: the exam probs wont be as scary as you think.
im going to bed, im back at it in 5 or 6 hours (: good luck everyone, i'm sure you'll all do great, just remember deep breaths and if it all goes wrong you can still retake a retake!! xx
The most important thing for everyone to do now is relax, whether u know it or not.

You will be surprised at how little comes up u don't need to remember every researcher.

Just make sure u elaborate on evaluative points and contextualise your answers when needed, and take time to select the appropriate material not just thinking hey this might be related.

You won't gain or lose marks, however mentioning the reseacher does give detail, which is needed for higher band marks. Of course u can give details in other ways but name is probably easiest
I think the worst the could give a 12 marker on is privation or daycare. Everything else is pretty much easy
can anyone explain to be Bowlby and learning theory? its my weak point! i know it came up on the january exam but will it come up again?!
method of loci, where you imagine everything you need to rmember in your house, or somewhere you're really familiar with.

ah perfect! thanks, i remember now! just couldn't think of it! haha.
just did a past paper and didn't do very well. knocked my confidence a bit.. but i'm taking a break now because i'm just getting worked up about it. will look over my notes before i go to bed and in the morning. argh. good luck everyone! will report back after the exam!
Okay guys quick question
refresh my memory and tell me what a quasi-experiment is
i forget every time i learn it lol
Reply 395
Wow.. June 2010 easiest exam paper i have EVER done.. Wish i sat it :frown:
can anyone please explain bowlby learning theory stuff please? :frown: or will it not come up again? :smile:
Can anyone outline the Strengths and Weaknesses for The Behavioural approach to attachment?

I can only think of strengths as:

The Koluchova twins being able to form attachments, The concentration camp children also forming attachments later in life,

Weaknesses are Harlows experiment (wire mother vs cloth mother, Konrad Lorenz study, Reductionist approach)

help!
Reply 398
Okay guys quick question
refresh my memory and tell me what a quasi-experiment is
i forget every time i learn it lol

I think it still has the IV manipulated by the experimenter but one or two features that are characteristic to a exp are missing like control over extraneous variables...
quick question, i know its simple but its the only thing i don't know, whats a schema?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending