The Student Room Group

Cardiff City FC Appreciation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WelshBluebird
Sorry, I can't agree. The rivalry isn't just violence. Its a football (and historically civic) rivalry. I could not deal with the Jacks going up. Can you imagine how much they will gloat?

Let them gloat but they'll be the ones getting hammered every week. Every football club has a rivalry, Everton and Liverpool, Man Utd vs Man City. Look how long Man City have been in Man Utd's shadows but their time will come. Its a part of football. Im not bothered if they go up to be honest. I'm just sick of all the stigma around the Welsh derby. Jones came out this year and gave a ridiculous interview before the game we lost against Swansea and we went on a terrible run which has inevitably cost us automatic promotion. The fact is, if Swansea go up and then come back down then the whole stigma will go away because a Welsh team has been in the premiership. It seems as if some of our/their fans are more concerned of getting one over on the other than actually their club achieving great things.

Plus, it would be terrible for us. There is a very real risk of losing a generation of youngsters to the Jacks if they do go up. After all, who would they prefer to see. Us battle it out again in the championship, or see world class players at Swansea.

I agree to an extent with this but those kids will only be plastics anyway. Swansea are going up there for one year, maybe two years maximum, there is no question about that. If they only care about seeing world class players then let them go to Swansea. It'll show who the real fans are anyway. Man City's fans stuck around when they went down the divisions, Leeds' fans stuck around when they went down as did Newcastles and I suspect West Ham's fans will be out in full force next year..

I just hope Swansea go up.

1) It'll put an end to who got to the premiership first nonsense which is just childish

2) It'll benefit Welsh football on the whole

3) We'll be more likely to focus and the players might be hungry to get back amongst Swansea in the premiership and have a derby up there.
From what i can see there are two types of football fans in Wales:

1) Those who like club football only and don't really care about the state of football in Wales as a whole. Cardiff fans hating Swansea fans, and the other way around.
2) Those who see the state of football in Wales as a thing that will benefit from one side doing well and whilst hoping their team does better see it as a good thing if one team does it instead of theirs.

I'm number 2. And i'm getting really pissed off by loads of people on facebook going on about these glory supporters and where they have been all season. Not everyone devotes their lives to football you know. God, if you want a small allocation of supporters at Wembley you are retarded. But it seems populist to be like this or hate on Cardiff loads. Grow up you ****ing sad cases lol. So many people loving Cardiff losing yesterday. Surely it would have been more pleasurable and more banter to actually beat them in the final!?!?! Football annoys me sometimes!
It just gets better and better :lol:
How do you Cardiff fans feel about Swansea going up then? And also on Dave Jones being sacked.
If we had gone up, then I wouldn't have cared about Swansea going up too. However, for them to go up and not us, its gutting tbh. Just worried about the chances of us losing some "fans" who decide they would rather watch some top flight teams play.

As for Dave Jones, I'm happy tbh. I think he's taken us as far as he can. Yes, he has done brilliant for us (FA cup final, playoff final etc etc), however we have been so close yet so far for the last 3 or 4 years now. Its time to start afresh I think.
Original post by WelshBluebird
Its time to start afresh I think.

Yes without Bothroyd Burke Olofinjana emmanuel-thomas Bellamy matthews and Dave Jones, have fun starting "fresh" :lol:
Don't forget the crippling debt as well (y)
Original post by adam_leeds
Yes without Bothroyd Burke Olofinjana emmanuel-thomas Bellamy matthews and Dave Jones, have fun starting "fresh" :lol:

I mean in terms of manager. A manager who I (and many) feel had done as much as he can for us.
As for Bellamy, he wants to stay with us. Not sure how we are going to work it out yet, but there is talk of him being part of the coaching set up. Considering his passion, work-rate and ability, then I think that would be a good idea.

Don't forget the crippling debt as well (y)

Sadly, its a part of the modern game. Many other clubs also have financial issues.
Considering where we were a few years ago, I'd say the very fact we are in the championship is a huge achievement. Let alone having got to an FA cup final and nearly getting promoted.

I don't know why I dignifying you with a response, but oh well.
Oh btw. 2-1.
Original post by Gob Bluth
How do you Cardiff fans feel about Swansea going up then? And also on Dave Jones being sacked.

Took us as far as he could! Need a new manager in with some fresh ideas as Dave Jones was becoming too slack in training and discipline. For example giving Chopra days off when he asks for them and the whole drinking 36 hours before the Middlesborough game saga.

His treatment of youngsters is also really bad. He excluded the promising Adam Matthews for scoring an own goal and fell out with Ramsey before he left.
I reckon you'll get relegated next season, does anyone know the odds? Fancy a cheeky fiver.
I reckon you'll get relegated next season, does anyone know the odds? Fancy a cheeky fiver.

Someone is still bitter and desperately need to get laid. You've been outdone by Norwich two seasons in a row. Delia has really burnt you Yorkshire puddings big time hasnt she? :rofl:
You guys had Samuel on Loan enough said.
Original post by Jackthevillain
You guys had Samuel on Loan enough said.

He was bloody useless too!

I thought we could all do with a laugh to brighten the mood and lets look forward to next season and the start of a new era :rofl2:
Reply 114
Is Super Kev staying?

Loving the pictures haha. :p:
Original post by meganeira
Is Super Kev staying?

Loving the pictures haha. :p:

I hope so. He's amazing and key to our back four but it'll all depend on who the new manager wants to keep :biggrin:

There's a nice picture I put on the Swansea page :colone:
Reply 116
Sooooooooooooo Jon Parkin to lead the attck next season to the premiership :lol:

Haven't you got anything better to do with your life than troll this thread? Maybe not...

You do realise we don't give a toss about what you think? This is an appreciation thread and discussion of our team, not a slagging match. If you want to find people you'll get major reactions off go on the ccmb instead, but not here. If you haven't got any constructive input, then will you kindly remove yourself from our presence.

On another note, a question to Dizzee etc. Both Mackay and Shearer are out of the equation. Who do you think we've got a chance of getting? :dontknow:
Haven't you got anything better to do with your life than troll this thread? Maybe not...

You do realise we don't give a toss about what you think? This is an appreciation thread and discussion of our team, not a slagging match. If you want to find people you'll get major reactions off go on the ccmb instead, but not here. If you haven't got any constructive input, then will you kindly remove yourself from our presence.

On another note, a question to Dizzee etc. Both Mackay and Shearer are out of the equation. Who do you think we've got a chance of getting? :dontknow:

I think we'll get Mackay still to be honest. If the talks with Mackay break down then hopefully Di Matteo or Hughton to be honest.

I've been banned for a week and have had my subscription which I've paid for removed for some unbeknown reason.

I don't bother with ccmb now, I tend to stick to the other message board because if you put across a good point with good reasoning you get acknowledged for it. I did a write up about Di Matteo and Hughton in my blog and my next post will be as soon as the new manager is selected :smile:
Reply 118
Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
I think we'll get Mackay still to be honest. If the talks with Mackay break down then hopefully Di Matteo or Hughton to be honest.

I've been banned for a week and have had my subscription which I've paid for removed for some unbeknown reason.

I don't bother with ccmb now, I tend to stick to the other message board because if you put across a good point with good reasoning you get acknowledged for it. I did a write up about Di Matteo and Hughton in my blog and my next post will be as soon as the new manager is selected :smile:

Banned from where? :confused:

Which other message board? The forum site?

My boyfriend said Hughton would be the best bet, he seems like a cool guy and he did a great job at Newcastle.
Banned from where? :confused:

Which other message board? The forum site?

My boyfriend said Hughton would be the best bet, he seems like a cool guy and he did a great job at Newcastle.

I was banned from TSR for a week..

AAMB is the other message board :smile:

Yeah, I want Hughton too.

Quick Reply

Latest