This discussion is closed.
TK
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Ok Uni people. What's it like? What kind of things do you do? Did it help YOU get to know people?
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
Ok Uni people. What's it like? What kind of things do you do? Did it help YOU get to know people?
A mark of a good Fresher's Week is not remembering it.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
For students not on campus its the biggest waste of space ever! I'm sure its different for all you proper students though.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Lots of queueing drinking and vomit...wear sensible shoes and be prepared to answer the following questions repeatedly to people who will promptly forget every word and ask you the same questions the next day (in another queue): What's you name? Where are you from? What are you studying? Which hall are you in? What A levels did you do (the insecure ones will ask your grades)?

I did it twice and both times were great fun...the second one was better because by then I really couldn't give a s**t
jammyd
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
It really gives you a chance to get to know your flatmates. There will plenty of cups of tea at 3am.

Then in the following week you meet loads of people in your subjects and in societies.
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i sprained my ribs moving in and couldn't go out the whole first two weeks
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Oh and you will get lost a lot - on the way to the union bar, on the way to the nearest club/pub, on the way to the supermarket, on the way to the town centre, on the way to the nearest chippy, on the way to your first lectures etc etc
Bitewing
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Its hyped up waaaay too much, - generally it invovles going out with loads of ppl who you barely know and make crap conversation with then, and stand in queue after queue for hours.
TK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bitewing)
Its hyped up waaaay too much, - generally it invovles going out with loads of ppl who you barely know and make crap conversation with then, and stand in queue after queue for hours.
queue for what?
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
You get to survive a week on 8 hours sleep, which is fun.
emma_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

Sounds fantastic!
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
queue for what?
errrrmmmm, the multitude of clubs and pubs that you go to.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
queue for what?
queue for your hall keys, queue for your registration card, queue for your union card, queue to get into the union for freshers fair, queue to get into the union for alcyhol, queue for your bus pass, queue to register at the doctors, queue for your timetable, queue at the supermarket behind other people with their parents and trolleys full of dish cloth's and washing powder, queue for your student loan (THIS IS THE BIGGEST ONE)
TK
Rep:
?
(Original post by elpaw)
errrrmmmm, the multitude of clubs and pubs that you go to.
not me - im t-total
Bitewing
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
queue for your hall keys, queue for your registration card, queue for your union card, queue to get into the union for freshers fair, queue to get into the union for alcyhol, queue for your bus pass, queue to register at the doctors, queue for your timetable, queue at the supermarket behind other people with their parents and trolleys full of dish cloth's and washing powder, queue for your student loan (THIS IS THE BIGGEST ONE)
Queue for everything basically
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
not me - im t-total
you wont be by the end of freshers week
curryADD
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i remember my freshman week of high school. things get thrown at you by the seniors, the juniors tell you to go back to junior high, and the sophmores try to pretend there just as cool as the juniors and seniors. it was great for bonding with other freshmen!
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
not me - im t-total
yay, another one to the fold
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Does freshers week apply to post graduate students? Do all the post grads all flock to the union bars and have parties during freshers week? This may be only chance to experience it now. I am getting old slowly but surely.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Oh I hate those. Crap conversations with strangers, it gets awkward and the tumbleweed can roll a lot. Just as well I can joke.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (62)
19.38%
Virtual accommodation tour (45)
14.06%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.94%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.44%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
21.88%
Speak to current students studying my course (69)
21.56%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.06%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.75%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.5%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.56%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.88%

Watched Threads