This discussion is closed.
Alaric
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Bah it can be good and it can be bad.

At times you'll be making friends, at times you'll be making polite chat and trying to find the nearest exit.
At times you'll be running around like a maniac from one pub to another, or whatever, and at times you'll be standing around bored in a queue.
At times you'll be having the time of your life, at times you'll be missing your friends and family.

Whatever you make it, it'll be an experience.

Alaric.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
so basically everyone is just gonna go round shagging each other - great :rolleyes:
Nah, they didn't here either. There were a few random pulls etc, but not that much serious action, or not that got reported anyway.
Barny
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)
Bah it can be good and it can be bad.

At times you'll be making friends, at times you'll be making polite chat and trying to find the nearest exit.
At times you'll be running around like a maniac from one pub to another, or whatever, and at times you'll be standing around bored in a queue.
At times you'll be having the time of your life, at times you'll be missing your friends and family.

Whatever you make it, it'll be an experience.

Alaric.
Wow, that was beautiful.
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
my freshers week- sunday arrived...the first person i spoke to was the girl next door and shes my bestest friend and i nearlly tell her everything..which is weird when you've only known someone for 20 weeks...

sunday night we went to the union, but were way too tired so came home and were in bed by 9.

monday night we went on a pub crawl and our group of girls met a group of guys who we later found out lived above us and are now our best mates.

tues night we got very very drunk...the most drunk i got in freshers week, kissed around 30-40 lads...went home with one...though didnt have sex.

the rest of the week is a blur....

i didnt cue...ever.

i got very drunk....and still was 3 weeks later.

i talked to everyone and now know loads of people.

didnt have sex, neither did any of my friends and im in a group of about 30.

love Katy ***
emom100
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
here'sd a basic run down of my freshers fortnight. Details are a bit hazt though due to lots of alcohol and crappy memory

sun move in. Meet and greet in the bar, have little block parties and generally got to know everyone in my block of 12

Mon 3 hour induction starting from 9am. Generally listening to lots of boring talks about safety, students union etc. Evening was a pub crawl and then onto a club wearing out special pub crawl tops to make us "all blend in hummm)

Tue I had faculty registration and had to colect my loan cheque. All i remember is spending hours and hours queing and talking to random people. Can't actually remember what i did at night but probably went to a club. By now everyone in my block had split into differnet fractions and we wern't going arounf togeher as a 12 anymore. Quite sad really to think that everyone was using each other at first to get some confidence before finding other people to be firends with. My block wasn't helped though cos out of 12 there were 3 2nd years, 2 international students that kept themselves to themselves and then7 others and we all didn't seem to gell v well.

wed Departmental registration and spanish party. It was really nice to meet people doinf my course and heres where most of my friends are At night we had a 70's party in hall.

thur Today we had freshers fayre and i signed my life (and money) away to a whole bunch of things i've hardly ever been to. Except i forgot to sign up to the societies related to my course oppps. Can't remember what i did tonight either.

fri had our first formal meal(we get them every friday) so everyone spent hours and hours getting ready so there was a huge wat for the showers etc. Then we had guest list entry for a really cheesy club

sat probably slept most of the day but in the afternoon we had a competition to go on a photo tour round the city with challenges such as fit as many people in a phone box, do the conga in a publci place, find random members of the public to take photos with you etc. Evening i think was kareoke but i could be wrong

sun a more mellow day except we had a hall photo at 9 am as a result we all look like a bunch of rufians. Then i think during the day we had a BQ and a silly sports day (egg and spoon race etc) and a bingo night in the evening

mon-thur our lectures started but there were still freshers events going on in the evenings

Fri OUr freshers ball. The biggest let down ever.Ray form big brother was out "big celebrity" and all he did was tell us about pleasuring himself in Nuch's bed. Then we had Mell Blatt who mimed (badly at that) 2 songs that no-one had heard of. By then the room they were in had pretty much cleared. The ball was held in the union so it wasn't as if they had to pay for a venue so i don't really see where our 25 quid went.

The rest of the weekend was pretty much the same as the first except that i had the sobering realisation that you actually ahve to do work at uni and that they had given me an essay to do for the second week of term..... Enjoy freshers while you can!!!!
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Freshers Week was a giggle. To be honest, it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. It was just a whole load of strangers thrown together trying to make good impressions and whilst it was a lot of fun, it wasn't the best week of my life.

The best week of my life or at least one of them came in 'reading week'. It was a week with no lectures and no tutorials. Effectively, it was a halfterm. Everybody had their friendship groups sorted and went out and rocked Manchester for 7 very expensive days.

PS This is my 500th post!
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Congrats on that, Tednol. We don't get reading week We don't get any time off

I'm in a bad mood cos I've only just finished my essay, which is due in tomorrow and I know it's crap.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
Congrats on that, Tednol. We don't get reading week We don't get any time off

I'm in a bad mood cos I've only just finished my essay, which is due in tomorrow and I know it's crap.
There is good reason for that and you know it!!!!
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I've been to freshers week every year since 98 and I love it, its great fun!
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
There is good reason for that and you know it!!!!
A good reason for which part?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (105)
43.75%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (39)
16.25%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (91)
37.92%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (5)
2.08%

Watched Threads