The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Dickie
but the BBC site is one *really* good one. In fact, it is better than any other website I have seen.

In that case make Americans and Brazilians and every other Tom dDick and HArry pay for it as well. They get it for free!
elpaw
hey, i trust you, i wasn;t trying to argue with you, i was just asking because i have come back to this thread after an hour and it has grown ia few pages, so i couldnt be bothered reading through it all

I wasnt getting at you.
Reply 122
Joey_Johns
I wasnt getting at you.

oh ok sorry :redface:
Reply 123
I would love to know what Jools thinks of this, he seems very informed, because quite frankly I'm just using anecdotal evidence I hear off teachers or read in books.
Reply 124
fishpaste
I would love to know what Jools thinks of this, he seems very informed, because quite frankly I'm just using anecdotal evidence I hear off teachers or read in books.

hes informed because he works for the BBC
Reply 125
elpaw
hes informed because he works for the BBC

I'm jealous. Good for him.
Reply 126
fishpaste
I'm jealous. Good for him.

well, not really works, just writes a few articles for the BBC oxford website about student life.
Reply 127
elpaw
well, not really works, just writes a few articles for the BBC oxford website about student life.

ANy idea what he thinks of the license fee?
Reply 128
fishpaste
ANy idea what he thinks of the license fee?

he's online now, he could post here. does he even have a TV? i dont
Reply 129
elpaw
he's online now, he could post here. does he even have a TV? i dont

:|
Reply 130
fishpaste
:|

are you pulling faces at me?
Reply 131
elpaw
are you pulling faces at me?

No ^_^ :P :wink:
elpaw

BBC = 3 main things - TV, Radio & BBCi ("new media" - Internet etc). I do the latter, stuff like clubbing reviews for BBCi, done a couple for BBC Tees too and finally I'm starting to get paid, eg £60 to cover a night in Banbury next week. I wanna get involved in more stuff within the corporation than just online stuff though.

As for the license fee... BBC.co.uk's arguably the world's best website, BBC News Online is updated by the minute. Radio's great for those who use it. I understand the problem that many don't watch BBC TV much these days when there's another 300 channels. It's a bit questionable that people abroad don't have to pay whilst they get things we don't such as BBC Prime and World for free. And people without TVs can listen to BBC radio and use online resources without paying. But the money is quite efficiently spent - apart from those at the top, eg (formerly) Dyke on 400k, BBC salaries are very modest. I think they should generate more revenue through other ventures, eg selling programmes to UKTV (UK Gold etc) and internationally (Teletubbies, The Office etc).

Latest

Trending

Trending