Design A*
Eng Lit A*
Eng Lang A*
French B
Geog A*
History A
Maths A*
Physics A

Im proud of them but the B in French annoys me.
I got 6A*, 3A and a B. I was proudest of the B, as that was in German which I detested and expected to fail.

I don't think GCSE grades mean that much to be honest, especially if you gained C or above in English and Maths.

Plus, A Levels are very different to GCSEs - you are likely to be learning in a different way, with more independence. If you are unhappy with your GCSE grades, you might be pleasantly surprised by your A Level results if that way of learning fits you better. :smile:

My A Level results were AAAA [and an A in the AS Level I dropped]. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
3A*'s, 3A's, 2B's and 1C. Honestly though, as much as it seemed like the most important thing in the world at the time, now im at uni, exams i took 5 years ago really dont matter at all!!
Reply 83
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
A*A*A*A*A*A A B B C
Are these good enough for LSE or Cambridge?

Depending what subject for LSE, but for Cambridge as long as you get 90% in three of your A/s levels you should at least get an interview...
English Lit-B
English Lan-B
Maths-A
Statistics-B
Physics-B
Chemistry-C
Biology-B
German-D
Resistant Materials-B
RE-C
History-B
I got all A's and B's, I'm happy but I feel I could have done better, but at the end of the day, it's only grades.. there's far more to life than just worrying about it :smile:
Reply 86
Original post by laujan3
I got..
BBBBBBBBBB in my GCSEs
and.. BBBb in my A levels
I think I'm only destined to get B's :wink: but I'm happy!!

LOL - B in everything? To be honest I would be satisfied. A B grade is a good pass. Must've been frustating missing out on so many As though :eek:
Reply 87
Original post by Ras17
LOL - B in everything? To be honest I would be satisfied. A B grade is a good pass. Must've been frustating missing out on so many As though :eek:

haha yep a B in everything, what are the chances!!!
Indeed.. AAAAAAAAAA + AAAa would have looked better :wink:
But yep, I am happy.. it's always something to talk about when people mention grades anyway !
Reply 88
Original post by siwelmail
English Lit-B
English Lan-B
Maths-A
Statistics-B
Physics-B
Chemistry-C
Biology-B
German-D
Resistant Materials-B
RE-C
History-B

Resistant Materials? That's a new one. Was it a full course?
Original post by Ras17

Yeah, made a nice table too :P Got High A for coursework 60% (the table) failed the f00k out of the exam which brang it down a bit :P
Reply 90
History - A
Humanities - A
Graphic Design - A
Science yr10 - B
Science yr11 - B
English Lit -B
English Lang -B
Music - B
French - C
Maths - C

Frankly, I'm happy with the results I got. I passed them all which is the main thing, especially Maths and English. I was also pleased about by my History as I do that at A-Level. I wasn't too worried about these for uni, as if your not going to Oxbridge they don't really matter as long as you have passed, and obvious you need to do reasonable well to do A-levels.
Original post by Ras17

It isn't really new. It was offered as a GCSE before I started high school back in 2001. It is part of the Design Technology bracket - alongside things like electronics, food technology, textiles and graphic products. :smile:
A*AAABBBBBCCCC

I was very happy with them :smile:
Original post by NovoStar93
Chem A*
Design A*
Eng Lit A*
Eng Lang A*
French B
Geog A*
History A
Maths A*
Physics A

Im proud of them but the B in French annoys me.

Haha That must be so annoying :P Why didn't you retake ?
English Lit - A
English Lang - A
Biology - A
Welsh - A
Maths - B (sat a year early, intermediate paper was the only one offered to me, top grade, full marks.)
Drama - B
IT - C
Music - C
Chemistry - C
Physics - C

I achieved these results with little to no revision at all. I basically messed around for all of my study leave, didn't care one bit. I was predicted 9A*'s and a B (maths at intermediate, if I hadn't have dropped it for Welsh and done the higher paper, I would have got at least an A).

I sat 3 weeks of AS in sixth form and then dropped out because I 'couldn't be bothered/didn't like the school etc). So I lost a valuable year of my education sitting around doing sweet f.a. I started a college course back in September but dropped out due to semi-serious illness. Now recovered and stuff, I've applied to go back to college to do my AS levels... History, Philosophy, English Lit + Lang (combined). I'm not going to mess around, I'm going to shift my bum into gear, work my fingers to the bone and get at least 3 A's so that I can feel proud of myself.
English Lit A
Geog A
RE A
ICT B
English Lang B
Biology C
French C
German C
Maths C

so I am proud of them all in all particularly the Maths which I never would have though I would pass.
Reply 96
Original post by cheesymeat
English Lit A

Geog A
RE A
ICT B
English Lang B
Biology C
French C
German C
Maths C

so I am proud of them all in all particularly the Maths which I never would have though I would pass.

You didn't take Chemistry? Or physics? Aren't they compulsory?
Reply 97
Original post by NapoleonDynamite
Haha That must be so annoying :P Why didn't you retake ?

Because to be quite frank, i thought id failed it, I absolutely hated it, so i am happy with the grade its just sticks out, aha.
I got 3A*s, 1A, 3Bs and 6Cs.
I was very happy with mine!
Reply 99
Maths - A*
English Lit - A
English Lang - A
History - A*
Media Studies - A
ICT - Merit x3
French - B
Economics - A
Science - A*A*

I'm happy with them apart from ICT, half the class was predicted Disctinctions, no one got one :hmmm: I was happiest with English and History :awesome:

Quick Reply

Latest