This discussion is closed.
curryADD
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tednol)
Whilst we all know that all the drugs classed as Class A are pretty dangerous, I was wondering what drugs people would say are the most harmful and least harmful of the group. I realise however it is relative, and the 'least' harmful Class A drug is not something to be abused.

Heroin, methadone, cocaine, Ecstasy, LSD, amphetamines (if prepared for injection) and magic mushrooms prepared for use are all Class A drugs.

Out of those, coke and E are the 2 that I am most aware of mates taking, and as a result I'd probably class them as the least dangerous. But that is assuming the drugs aren't dodgy of course and you take sensible precautions.
ec is probably least dangerous, in that group id be really scared to even try any of them!
curryADD
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
i've tried mushrooms which are good fun, i have friends who have tried "charlie" E and ketamine and enjoyed it. not for me tho, i have a rule to keep to natural things eg weed and mushrooms
but is that stuff natural for your mind?
The_Barman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
A few years ago my off the record job was consumer services if ya get what i mean. So i got a bit of experiance in that area except the worst two!! If ya want my honest opinion except hash, valium and grass there all as bad as each other! Ectasy screws ur head up and are very addictive, speed makes you lose a tremendous amount of weight and blabber complete trash! LSD i know nothing about becuase that can destroy ur life in one go and even after its proven that you can get flashbacks years after! Hash is probably the safest one! But as most people say one is as bad as the other. From what i've learned no-one needs drugs at all. They only want to feel something other than there own life....like ya just wanna get away for a while!
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
i've tried mushrooms which are good fun, i have friends who have tried "charlie" E and ketamine and enjoyed it. not for me tho, i have a rule to keep to natural things eg weed and mushrooms
Might be wrong, but isn't coke "natural".
aaarrrggh
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I have taken ecstacy, coke and cannabis. I only tried coccaine once and really hated it. It made me feel very arrogant and selfish, and I just found the whole experience very unpleasant.

Ecstacy was like a revelation to me at first, but after taking it for a fair while (for 2 years, but not on a completely regular basis), it began to effect me and I had to stop. Nowadays, I'm a good boy and I don't even drink alcohol. I'd much rather stay in and read a book.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Some of my friends took speed to get them through their exams due to lack of revision previously. No big deal at all, as long as you dont get addicted.
James_W
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
For his 18th, one of my mates did Coke on a police car which was quite raw. Herion is by far the most dangerous I would think.
aaarrrggh
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I have always been fascinated by lsd, but have never tried it. It's really difficult to get around the Manchester area at the moment. I've read a couple of books on the subject (probably should have mentioned in my above post that I read volumes on all the other substances before taking them), and I'm definately looking to take it at some point after I've finished my degree. Will probably need some ecstacy handy just incase I go on a bad trip. Taking the two together is called 'candyflipping', and apparently they're supposed to compliment eachother quite well.
john !!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
LSD or ecstasy i'd say are the worst... lsd is like mushrooms but a lot more powerful and ecstasy apparently really messed ur brain up... i dunno this isn't first hand experience though.
aaarrrggh
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I can confirm that ecstasy can mess your head up. That's why I had to stop taking it. It's an amazing substance though, just such a shame it's not completely safe.
devilschild
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
Well cannabis is/was, shrooms, poppers, I think LSD is though I'm not sure on that,amphetamines and speed ( spent a lot of time in the nurses office so I read all the leaflets)
poppers actually aren't illegal, they can be sold in shops as "room odorisers" with the message do not inhale on (very ironic lol!).
Weejimmie
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by George-W-Duck)
Anybody who takes heroin is a fool, it is the most addictive of the class A drugs mentioned previously by a long shot, that addictive many dealers offer the first lot for free because you can get addicted in one go.
Over thirty years ago this myth was going. It wasn't true then and it's not true now. I know people who've been taking heroin "for a treat" now and then for many years and they aren't addicted. Towards the end of the Vietnam war thousands of US troops took heroin regularly. There was a lot of worry about what would happen to them when they came back to the USA. Most of them stopped with no trouble at all. There are very good reasons for not taking heroin- you run the risk of AIDS, abscesses and hepatitis if you inject, you could damage your throat and lungs if you smoke it. You could take additives or substitutes which have very nasy effects. You could become addicted, though alcohol seems to be more difficult to get off for addicts and nicotine is more easy to get addicted to. You could die, because you don't know what strength it is. You are supporting a chain of gangsters and warlords with your money.These are very good reasons not to take heroin without inventing false ones.
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Weejimmie)
Over thirty years ago this myth was going. It wasn't true then and it's not true now. I know people who've been taking heroin "for a treat" now and then for many years and they aren't addicted. Towards the end of the Vietnam war thousands of US troops took heroin regularly. There was a lot of worry about what would happen to them when they came back to the USA. Most of them stopped with no trouble at all. There are very good reasons for not taking heroin- you run the risk of AIDS, abscesses and hepatitis if you inject, you could damage your throat and lungs if you smoke it. You could take additives or substitutes which have very nasy effects. You could become addicted, though alcohol seems to be more difficult to get off for addicts and nicotine is more easy to get addicted to. You could die, because you don't know what strength it is. You are supporting a chain of gangsters and warlords with your money.These are very good reasons not to take heroin without inventing false ones.

I'd hardly say it's a myth. The opiates in heroin are addictive and can prompt severe dependance. Heroin is also rank heroin ranked second as the most frequently mentioned drug in overall drug-related deaths (D.A.W.N.).
A lot of street heroin also has additives that do not readily dissolve and result in clogging the blood vessels that lead to the lungs, liver, kidneys, or brain. This can cause infection or even death of small patches of cells in vital organs.
riffraff
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Bitewing)
I take it they don't have any affect unless they are dried then?
they have plenty of effect if they are dried or fresh, it just depends on how long you have kept them. best to take them on an empty stomach.

btw- the more blue the mushroom is when bruised, the mors powerful the effects, and don't bother to take the large ones, because they have often been grown for weight. buy your own kit (about £20 in some areas, cheaper in others) and grow your own. pick them when they are small as the chemicals will be more concentrated and will take effect more quickly.
Weejimmie
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by timeofyourlife)
I'd hardly say it's a myth. The opiates in heroin are addictive and can prompt severe dependance. Heroin is also rank heroin ranked second as the most frequently mentioned drug in overall drug-related deaths (D.A.W.N.).
A lot of street heroin also has additives that do not readily dissolve and result in clogging the blood vessels that lead to the lungs, liver, kidneys, or brain. This can cause infection or even death of small patches of cells in vital organs.
The myth was that heroin is as highly addictive as Gorge-W-Duck said, not that it is addictive. There are enough good reasons not to take it- some of which we listed- without giving false ones.
One of the results of giving false information is that when people find out they think all the information they have been given is false.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (105)
43.75%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (39)
16.25%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (91)
37.92%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (5)
2.08%

Watched Threads