The Student Room Group

What Grades do you want for GCSE???

I'm just curious to know what everyone wants to get for their gcse's and what you hope to see when you open your results in august???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I already have four GCSEs - Expressive Arts (C - took in Year 9); French (A*); Art (A); English Lang (A); Core Science (A*). I'm resitting English Lang, and hopefully I want A*s in all of the GCSEs that I am taking this year, so I'm hoping in August to get an evelope full of A*s! (I don't know how likely that is though :s)
Nothing worse than my mocks; I got 9 A*s and 2 As.
Reply 3
Original post by d4nny
Nothing worse than my mocks; I got 9 A*s and 2 As.

Wow that's some good mock grades but I would be happy if I got those in my real exams. I want 7A*'s or at least 5A*'s some A's and B's (I know I will get a b or lower in french)
Original post by Natty.B
Wow that's some good mock grades but I would be happy if I got those in my real exams. I want 7A*'s or at least 5A*'s some A's and B's (I know I will get a b or lower in french)

Whatever I got in the mocks, I know that I would not want worse, because then I know I could've done better, if you see what I'm saying.
Of course everyone is aiming for ALL A*'s but it seems really distint at the moment, luckily if I find it hard, the rest of the country will aswell (hopefully). So just remember if a real stinger of a question comes up in one of your exam's everyone will be feeling your pain also :smile:
At least 4 A*s and the rest As. But I know I'm going to get 1 B or something :s
Reply 7
I'm aiming for 3-4 A's, the rest B's but 2 C's
7 A* with 2 As - just sticking with my mock grades

The As will probably be English. I might get an A* in Language if I'm lucky. Or A* in Literature if I bother to study the texts.
10 A*s please miss
Reply 10
Ideally I want all A*s but that probably won't happen haha.
Reply 11
Hoping to get straight A*s. Fingers crossed.
I already have two A's from English language and English literature(achieved in year 10) I really wish I get at least 4 A*'s and the rest A's...however, I doubt that now since I took my RE exam today, and I know for a fact that I won't be able to get higher than a B on that! I'm just going to try an get A's and A*'s for the rest now :smile: Good luck everyone! I'm SO not looking forward to opening that envelope in August! xx
Reply 13
As good as possible, I should really stop procrastinating and start revision. :mad:

Good luck in exams! :h:
Oh God, I'm freaking out about my English Paper 2 in about 3 hours :s-smilie:

I hope:
Maths - A*
Science - A*
Art - A*
D&T - A/A*
French - A/A*
History - A (I seriously doubt this but whatever!)
English - A
Reply 15
Original post by MustReviseNow
Of course everyone is aiming for ALL A*'s but it seems really distint at the moment, luckily if I find it hard, the rest of the country will aswell (hopefully). So just remember if a real stinger of a question comes up in one of your exam's everyone will be feeling your pain also :smile:

Not everyone is on the same examination board though..
Reply 16
I already have 5 GCSE's, 2 A*'s and 3A's, but for the rest I want these grades
Maths - A*
RE - A*
Physics - A*
Chemistry - A*
Biology - A*
English Lit - A
Spanish - A
So it total, 7 A*'s and 5 A's

EDIT: Why neg rep? :confused:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MustReviseNow

Not everyone is aiming for all A*'s! I'm am aiming for 4A*'s, 6A's and 1B. :smile: I will be very proud of myself if I get those results. :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Higher then my predicted grades which is 7A*'s I'd be happy with 9 and above.
Reply 19
Im aiming for A's and B's. I hope I achive them *fingers crossed*

Quick Reply

Latest