This discussion is closed.
Ollie
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
If someone sends me a check for x amount in us dollars, am i going to be able to deposit it into my account??
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
If someone sends me a check for x amount in us dollars, am i going to be able to deposit it into my account??
Quit blackmailing Edders
not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
Quit blackmailing Edders
lol
(its only 8.30pm here btw, you night owls!)
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
You should be able to. Though I'd have to ask what you're doing with a US cheque.
DanMushMan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i think the bank would charge you commision and it would be at their 'buy' exchange rate.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by DanMushMan)
i think the bank would charge you commision and it would be at their 'buy' exchange rate.
Sounds about right. 1500th well done
.NK
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
I tried to put a cheque for $4 into my Nationwide account and they wouldn't let me... I would have had to pay £6 as their minimum commission amount and obviously it wasn't worth it, I'd be giving the bank more than the cheque was worth. They said if I got more cheques in dollars and put them in the account at the same time it'd probably be worth it. I still have the cheque :rolleyes:
starry
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by .NK)
I tried to put a cheque for $4 into my Nationwide account and they wouldn't let me... I would have had to pay £6 as their minimum commission amount and obviously it wasn't worth it, I'd be giving the bank more than the cheque was worth. They said if I got more cheques in dollars and put them in the account at the same time it'd probably be worth it. I still have the cheque :rolleyes:
Keep it as a souvenior, or give it to someone as a joke.
DanMushMan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Sounds about right. 1500th well done
thanks for pointing that out, hadn't realised at 7am
emom100
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by .NK)
who gave you the check in dollars?
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
You should be able to. Though I'd have to ask what you're doing with a US cheque.
from google ads (please go click them on my site )

should be ok, they only send the cheque if its over $100, if not they wait, in the last 4 days ive taken $30!
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)

should be ok, they only send the cheque if its over $100, if not they wait, in the last 4 days ive taken $30!
That's a pretty good deal. That means that in a bit more than a week you'll make $100, well if you keep on going like this!
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
That's a pretty good deal. That means that in a bit more than a week you'll make $100, well if you keep on going like this!
Perhaps if Ollie were to put it in a thread everyday, there would be enough people to click on it out of curiosity, or just as of being reminded to bring in a bit more.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Perhaps if Ollie were to put it in a thread everyday, there would be enough people to click on it out of curiosity, or just as of being reminded to bring in a bit more.
Or put in a big arrow poiting to the sites, saying got here! In bright bold letters!
Alexander
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Try using the company http://www.auctionpix.co.uk -- they change US$ cheques more cheaply than banks.
Soulfish
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)

I've cashed cheques in at my bank (from Google ). They do charge about £6 commission, but unlike a normal cheque you get the cash straight away - no 3-5 day clearing like normal. Also watch out for the exchange rate. The high exchange rate at the moment isn't good when you want to change dollars -> pounds.

One other point - if you’re going to be cashing a lot of these cheques in (like I am at the moment) then your bank may get you to sign a special statement. Trying to remember what it was about now, but it was something to do with authorizing them to deal with the foreign currency cheques on my behalf. I also have to sign the back of every cheque I get.

Anyway I hope that helped
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I would like to get a cheque from google... i should try and make a website, just got to think what it could be about though
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (105)
43.75%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (39)
16.25%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (91)
37.92%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (5)
2.08%

Watched Threads