Is it clingy to want to text everyday? Watch

The TSR Star.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Especially during the holidays?

As we're currently on our Easter holidays and we live farrr apart, so I don't see him (boyfriend) everyday anymore. We meet up once a week though.

Is this normal: He doesn't text me every day, more like every other day or at the very most, he'll go two days without texting/calling. I'd rather he text me everyday...but I feel a bit clingy.
*Dreaming*
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeah I talk to my bf everyday in one way or another, either a phone call, texts or fb chat. I don't think it's clingy to want a little contact everyday tbh.
[email protected]!N
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I did my the best for her but finished anyway this world just a lie...
hxecute
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I talk to my girlfriend every day, even if it's for 5 minutes.
It's usually longer than 5 minutes, unless I'm really busy that day.

Why don't you try calling him?
DeepStar
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Everyday - text, calls, skype, msn.
petitflam
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
nah it's not clingy, i speak to mine everyday. at the moment he's in France until Tues so we wont have contact until then and i miss it!
Xhotas
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've had a recent problem with clinginess, but actually seeing this thread (as little as it may be) has actually put my mind to rest a little bit. We used to call all the time for hours everyday (Then the inevitable £1200 phone bill came along) so we've had to stop. Now I felt like she was distancing herself from me since we stopped calling whereas now that I look at it, we don't really connect on chat and stuff and I can't call her so it's like :R Me being a **** by getting annoyed at her for it.

None the less, not really clingy unless by "everyday" you mean as soon as they get online/at home to call/skype you.
Nepene
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Clinginess is more determined by what sorts of texts you send. Do you double text to clarify if you fear you offended him? Do you send him texts about crap that doesn't matter, like the weather?

Girls I've been with have quickly learned that certain kinds of texts always get responses.
INeedToLoseWeight
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
IMO, yes.
Enoch.
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
yeah lol

so annoying
stevenjohnh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
To want to text everyday, no, to actually text everyday, yes.
SoapyDish
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Depends how long you've been together. I've been with my boyfriend over a year, and we will definitely text every day, and most days we'll chat on Skype before bed. If it was a new relationship though, I'd be a bit wary that he'd think I was clingy if I wanted to call every day. I wouldn't see a couple of texts every day as clingy though...
member398873
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Xhotas)
I've had a recent problem with clinginess, but actually seeing this thread (as little as it may be) has actually put my mind to rest a little bit. We used to call all the time for hours everyday (Then the inevitable £1200 phone bill came along) so we've had to stop.
Dude! £1200?! Is she Chinese or something!?
Anonymous #1
Report 8 years ago
nooo always text everyday!
it's normal.
my boyfriend texted me every single day from the moment we met.
Nick Longjohnson
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yes, I couldn't deal with that.

Then again, I'm not exactly romantic/whateverthatcrapiscalled.
WelshBluebird
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't think so.
I think communication in a relationships is very important. Especially if you are long distance (either normally or just during the holidays).
username91207
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If I went a day without making any kind of contact with my boyfriend he'd worry that either something was very wrong with our relationship or that I'd been killed.

To be honest I find it really really weird that some people don't have some kind of contact every day! If I were with someone that refused to speak to me at least once a day, I'd leave them. :dontknow: To me, if you're not talking at least once a day then it isn't a relationship.
boba
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
complaining to him that he doesn't text you everyday might seem a bit winey. why don't you just text him first on the days that he doesn't
I'm_Unsafe.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hmm..I am currently texting someone every day who I'm not with...that doesn't put me in a great light.
Tbh I wouldn't if I didn't feel he reciprocated and seeing as he's usually the one to send the first text that's okay, right?!

I think my problem may lie in the fact I keep trying to figure out how long to leave it before sending a reply..which means I keep looking at how long it takes him to reply...tad obsessive :emo:

To answer your question OP, I don't think it's unfair to want contact every day. It might depend what stage you're at in your relationship though...the longer you've been together the closer you can expect to be really.
hatemylife
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by snowyowl)
If I went a day without making any kind of contact with my boyfriend he'd worry that either something was very wrong with our relationship or that I'd been killed.

To be honest I find it really really weird that some people don't have some kind of contact every day! If I were with someone that refused to speak to me at least once a day, I'd leave them. :dontknow: To me, if you're not talking at least once a day then it isn't a relationship.
Yeah, same. Not that I'm in a relationship lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (430)
58.82%
Yes- I don't like it (40)
5.47%
No- I want it (211)
28.86%
No- I don't want it (50)
6.84%

Watched Threads