confuseddd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi, just wanted to ask whether I have to inform student finance about a part time job I have. I've done my application as i'm going into my 2nd year of study and started this job in december but through the application they never asked for my earned income.
Thank-you for any help.
confuseddd
Rep:
?
anyone...??
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by confuseddd)
Hi, just wanted to ask whether I have to inform student finance about a part time job I have. I've done my application as i'm going into my 2nd year of study and started this job in december but through the application they never asked for my earned income.
Thank-you for any help.
No, you don't. Part-time jobs don't come into the student finance equation.
flipshot
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They don't take into account the personal income of the student, only their parents so you don't need to inform them.
confuseddd
Rep:
?
(Original post by flipshot)
They don't take into account the personal income of the student, only their parents so you don't need to inform them.
oh okayy...thank-you!
Sayonara
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by flipshot)
Thanks, but where's the source?
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you're under 25, your "household income" is based on your parents' earnings. Your earnings would only be taken into account if you were 25+ or you had applied to be assessed on your own income in specific circumstances under 25 (estranged from parents etc).

Under 25 and assessed on your parents's income, means that your earnings aren't part of the Student Finance calculation.
Hiba14320098
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have a question what if I had a part time job and Iam over 25 would it affect my student finance
Hiba14320098
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What if I was over 25 years of age and I had a part time job am will my student finance be affected
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (65)
36.52%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (18)
10.11%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.74%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (44)
24.72%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (24)
13.48%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
8.43%

Watched Threads