The Student Room Group

Does anyone else hate Chris Evans?

I'm not sure whether I'm in the minority here, which I'm guessing I am since he seems to be so popular on television and radio.
I find him so horribly annoying. Very loud, crude, rude and he always seems to interrupts guests on The One Show, and asks rude direct questions?

Occasionally he seems to have a nice, polite side to him but then his attitude and personality seems to chance and he turns rude again, which I don't really understand?

Is it just his personality or am I totally misunderstanding him? Also, should I give his radio show a listen to? Does it show a different side to him (I used to love radio 2!)
Does anyone else agree or am I totally alone in hating Chris Evans?

Scroll to see replies

Why do you care about him so much? If you truly 'hate' him, simply avoid watching/listening to him. Hate is a very negative emotion that can destroy your peace and freedom, why force it upon yourself? Hating for the reasons you described seems very irrational as well to me.
Reply 2
Original post by Oswald Mosley
Why do you care about him so much? If you truly 'hate' him, simply avoid watching/listening to him. Hate is a very negative emotion that can destroy your peace and freedom, why force it upon yourself? Hating for the reasons you described seems very irrational as well to me.

Ha, well I suppose it isn't as strong as an emotion as 'hate' :colondollar: It's funny because I really like The One Show so I used to watch it, and then Chris Evans pops on and I have internal struggles to continue watching it or not :biggrin:

You're right though, I should avoid the shows in future!
Reply 3
He's a ****. Not only your age group think that. It's everyone.
Reply 4
hes a ****** innit fam
Reply 5
Original post by qwerty7
Does anyone else hate Chris Evans?

Has this got anything to do with him replacing Jeremy Clarkson?
He's not gonna be able to replace Clarkson.

Original post by aaronlowe
Has this got anything to do with him replacing Jeremy Clarkson?

Not back in 2011 which was when this thread was made m8
Original post by UnknownRoyalist
He's not gonna be able to replace Clarkson.

Not back in 2011 which was when this thread was made m8

How on earth did it get reserrected after all this time???
Original post by aaronlowe
How on earth did it get reserrected after all this time???

My guess is that someone used the search function and searched "Chris Evans", given the media attention he's getting over top gear right now, and found the thread that way.

It's not the weirdest thread I've seen get resurrected.
Original post by RFowler
My guess is that someone used the search function and searched "Chris Evans", given the media attention he's getting over top gear right now, and found the thread that way.

It's not the weirdest thread I've seen get resurrected.

I knew there had to be some link to Jeremy Clarkson.

Damn you Clarkson! You reserrected Chris Evans!!!!!
Nice thread bump there lol. Still, I question the validity of any opinion shared by someone who watches The One Show. :indiff:
Chris Evans is an opinionated talentless mouthy **** who likes the sound of his own voice despite the fact that it belies his lack of intellect.
Original post by NickEgg

The superior Chris Evans. :love:
This thread has had more comebacks than Chris Evans' career.
He has/had one of the best car collections of all time, so.....you haters need to leave him alone
the man is a big-head. I don' t know how anybody can rate him above pathetic. He has a loud mouth with little to back it up. I find it embarrassing that he has been selected for anything beyond giggling with adolescent boys,. get him off any programs for adults

andy
That scene in civil war where he pulls the helicopter with his bare hands :colonhash:
Reply 18
Original post by diggerman
the man is a big-head. I don' t know how anybody can rate him above pathetic. He has a loud mouth with little to back it up. I find it embarrassing that he has been selected for anything beyond giggling with adolescent boys,. get him off any programs for adults

andy

I did like the interview with his ex, Carol McGiffen [?]: "How do you think he'll be remembered?" "Ginger ****?" said she. I think they'd fallen out by this stage mind you..
Reply 19
Original post by Garshin
I did like the interview with his ex, Carol McGiffen [?]: "How do you think he'll be remembered?" "Ginger ****?" said she. I think they'd fallen out by this stage mind you..

oh god censorship. The word rhymes with fat & starts with the postcode for Twickenham.

Latest