The Student Room Group

AQA AS Geography Revision

I'm having a bit of trouble revising the human part because the spec. is kind of ambiguous about what we need to know whereas physical is obviously more fact based and gives a clear description of everything.
Is there anything in the population unit that I have to know that the spec. isn't really clear about?

These are my case studies:
Ageing population: The UK
Youthful population: Uganda
Migration case studies: Eastern Europe -> Peterborough
Indonesian transmigration
Rural India -> Calcutta
Chinese one-child policy
Singapore pro-natal policy
Settlement case study: Manchester (urban) vs. Isle of Purbeck (Rural)

Am I missing anything?
[QUOTE="Deceiver;31035769"]I'm having a bit of trouble revising the human part because the spec. is kind of ambiguous about what we need to know whereas physical is obviously more fact based and gives a clear description of everything.
Is there anything in the population unit that I have to know that the spec. isn't really clear about?

Rural India -> Calcutta
Chinese one-child policy

Am I missing anything?[/QUOTE

sounds like them all but you are using different ones to me. i would also make sure that you have case examples for the DTM and for population pyramids..
Reply 2
[QUOTE="jackyblueyes;31036004"]
Original post by Deceiver
I'm having a bit of trouble revising the human part because the spec. is kind of ambiguous about what we need to know whereas physical is obviously more fact based and gives a clear description of everything.

Rural India -> Calcutta
Chinese one-child policy

Am I missing anything?[/QUOTE

sounds like them all but you are using different ones to me. i would also make sure that you have case examples for the DTM and for population pyramids..

Like countries which the DTM doesn't really apply to? (ie. Southeast Asian countries like Hong Kong and Malaysia because they developed much quicker)
Or just examples of which countries would go where on the DTM and the population structure they'd match up to?
[QUOTE="Deceiver;31036743"]
Original post by jackyblueyes

Like countries which the DTM doesn't really apply to? (ie. Southeast Asian countries like Hong Kong and Malaysia because they developed much quicker)
Or just examples of which countries would go where on the DTM and the population structure they'd match up to?

yes i think just simply remember some countries that you can easily discuss according to the dtm. e.g germany-stage 5 -- and some countries that you know their image and how they appear on a pyramid. e.g china has a distinctive look to it
Reply 4
urgh dont get me started ! having the time of my life with population ^_^

Quick Reply

Latest