Watch
This discussion is closed.
kissmequick
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ~*glitter*~)
i think they should teach it anyway, in preperation for the rest of ur life, i was asking my sister (shes 13) just the other day who the suffragettes were and she had no idea, they are the only reason we have equality between the sexes today!!
It's kinda worrying you hassle your little sis over such matters lol just let her go out and have sex and get drunk lol
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
most politic people and mps and bugs r just in it for themselves and the dosh. they dont care about the people.
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by kissmequick)
her go out and have sex and get drunk lol
at 13????????????????????
Dude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by lumpycustard)
most politic people and mps and bugs r just in it for themselves and the dosh. they dont care about the people.
how long did it take before u figured that out.
Amy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
It's kinda worrying you hassle your little sis over such matters lol just let her go out and have sex and get drunk lol
no, shes not like that, and i wouldnt want her to degrade the family in such a way and she nos that, she has to much self respect to waste it on imaturities like that
kissmequick
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by lumpycustard)
at 13????????????????????
Sarcastic hun although a lot of my mates were. I'm getting annoyed with this forum because friends give ppl rep bu when you make a decent comment you get sod all like my george bush and blair thread (still up) took me ages to write ahh damn you people. That wasn't aimed at anyone I like
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
this subject again

it should be lowered for local elections....help start up grassroot politics but national elections it should be kept at 18.

"we pay taxes if in a job at 16" argument is valid but stay in education and not work full time and you wouldn't have to pay taxes.

personally from my general experience of 16-17 year olds i wouldnt let them within a mile of a voting slip. a lot of them dont even though how government really works.
kissmequick
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
no, shes not like that, and i wouldnt want her to degrade the family in such a way and she nos that, she has to much self respect to waste it on imaturities like that
Glad to hear it, only wish there were more, the world would be a better place
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
this subject again

it should be lowered for local elections....help start up grassroot politics but national elections it should be kept at 18.

"we pay taxes if in a job at 16" argument is valid but stay in education and not work full time and you wouldn't have to pay taxes.

personally from my general experience of 16-17 year olds i wouldnt let them within a mile of a voting slip. a lot of them dont even though how government really works.
THANK YOU. You see, someone agrees with me.
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
how long did it take before u figured that out.
i new ages ago. just thought id point it out
kissmequick
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
this subject again

I'm afraid he's right maybe they should devise a test to see how much you know about government and that will determine if you are of legal status and intellectuality to vote + a lot of older people still don't know how the system works it wouldn't hurt them to watch the news once in a while but their too busy with soaps
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I'm afraid he's right maybe they should devise a test to see how much you know about government and that will determine if you are of legal status and intellectuality to vote + a lot of older people still don't know how the system works it wouldn't hurt them to watch the news once in a while but their too busy with soaps
where were u eailer, they were all ganging up on me.
kissmequick
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
where were u eailer, they were all ganging up on me.
lol waking up from a very big hangover sorry about that
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
but 18 yr olds have MORE of an idea with politics than 16yr olds. I'm willing to bet that when the tution fee's were being annoused, most 16yr olds were either outside, watching something else, or they didn't care about it.
I doubt that. 18 year olds are unlikely to be affected by the change, as they are already in the process of going to uni. But the change in the fee's will most likely affect the 16 year old's, so i totally disagree.
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by MattG)
this subject again

so ur sayin that at 18 u suddenly grow up and know everything about how the country's run and how u can make it better? and all 16-17 yr olds are immature arsey teenagers that dont have a clue?? u cant sterotype like this
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
so ur sayin that at 18 u suddenly grow up and know everything about how the country's run and how u can make it better? and all 16-17 yr olds are imature arsey teenages that dont have a clue?? u cant sterotype like this
as i said before, 18yr olds have a better idea than 16yr olds cos we have to discuss it at college.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
But people can vote and not truly understand what a party represents, and may just like the principal of the party. You cannot make voting a matter of intelligence and knowledge, because that would significantly reduce the number of voters!
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dude)
as i said before, 18yr olds have a better idea than 16yr olds cos we have to discuss it at college.
as do most 16 yr olds in that lesson called PSHE, and 17 yr olds also do it at college,

what about all those people that dont go to college????
kissmequick
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
so ur sayin that at 18 u suddenly grow up and know everything about how the country's run and how u can make it better? and all 16-17 yr olds are imature arsey teenages that dont have a clue?? u cant sterotype like this
It isn't completly true but listen I go to The joint top school in the country so everyone there knows about politics but previously I was expelled form two primary schools and went to schools where teachers did drugs and kids near enough openly sold them so I've come from a completly different backround and all of my old mates from my previous area don't give a ratsass about government. The only reason 18 yr olds will be more aware is because at 16 is where your eyes really start to open up to it and you start to lear about things that will later effect you but the other people at 16 well they're just beginning to lear (the majority of them)
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
so ur sayin that at 18 u suddenly grow up and know everything about how the country's run and how u can make it better? and all 16-17 yr olds are immature arsey teenagers that dont have a clue?? u cant sterotype like this
no but you have to draw a line somewhere...if it was lowered to 16 then some educated 15 year olds would be complaining saying that they should be allowed too.

at 18 you are classed by law as an adult....you can vote for elections whe you are an ADULT.

get over it ppl
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (65)
18.95%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.87%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.96%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.87%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.21%
Taster lectures or seminars (72)
20.99%
Speak to current students studying my course (79)
23.03%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
3.79%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.5%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.33%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.75%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.75%

Watched Threads