This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Guyz....i need help....im clueless.....dunno how to start.....and my teacher is as helpful as a parrot, fun to be with but completely unhelpful! I am in need of your intelligence and advice.
So i beg of you...HELP ME!!!
itz pride and prejudice...im supposed to write about the character development using the info about jane austen and i have no clue how to start??(gcse) or finish!!
i will bless you with my super natural powers if u gimme useful tips!!
cheers
M.J.
P.S. a bit pathetic isn't it? Well it shows you how desperate i am!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
Guyz....i need help....im clueless.....dunno how to start.....and my teacher is as helpful as a parrot, fun to be with but completely unhelpful! I am in need of your intelligence and advice.
So i beg of you...HELP ME!!!
itz pride and prejudice...im supposed to write about the character development using the info about jane austen and i have no clue how to start??(gcse) or finish!!
i will bless you with my super natural powers if u gimme useful tips!!
cheers
M.J.
P.S. a bit pathetic isn't it? Well it shows you how desperate i am!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
You dont actually say what information you have been given about J.A. which you are supposed to use here, so its hard to give any help in that respect. You could approach the topic from the point of view that certain characters develop during the course of the book, whereas others remain unchanged. Mrs Bennett for example, remains as foolish at the end of the book as she was at the beginning - her delight that three daughters are married is undiminished by the fact that Lydia's husband is a deceiving rogue. Lydia, herself, doesn't change either, although her character is gradually revealed as the book progresses. That may also be said of her husband.
The only major character developmant that takes place is in Elizabeth, and to a far greater extent, in Darcy himself. I have always felt that the major flaw of the book is the sea change that appears to take place in the latter (although this is negated by his housekeepers account of him). J.A. also informs us at the end of the book that Kitty develops under Jane and Elizabeth's guidance, although this is more of an epilogue than part of the story.
J.A. clearly identifies strongly with Elizabeth, and one may assume that at least some of her attitudes are the authors own - for example she doesnt agree with Charlotte Lucas's rather cynical attitude to marriage, although she respects it. J.A. chose to remain a spinster rather than marry without love.
Hope this helps.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (295)
34.3%
No (565)
65.7%

Watched Threads