This discussion is closed.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by lumpycustard)
but wont the bullies come after u outside school hours?
nope cause they keep an eye on you the staff
lumpycustard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
nope cause they keep an eye on you the staff
i meant like at the weekend walking through town
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i meant like at the weekend walking through town
that aint the schools responsibility though
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
yea i no but if someone whos bein bullied tells, s/he knows they could be after him/her and be ever so slightly worried about seeing them around out of shcool... so in the end they wil keep quiet wont they
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
yea i no but if someone whos bein bullied tells, s/he knows they could be after him/her and be ever so slightly worried about seeing them around out of shcool... so in the end they wil keep quiet wont they
no because they would just stay away from them
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
anyway, im off home now. cya monday!

xxxxx
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
anyway, im off home now. cya monday!

xxxxx
bye!!
Howard
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I don't know if it's that simple.

If a school owes you a duty of care not to be bullied during school hours (which it jolly well does) but fails to do so then it has failed to check the environment in which bullying can prosper.

Bullying outside of school is surely an extension of what a bully "can get away with" inside school. So, a failure on the part of a school to check bullying during school time MIGHT lead a bully to go away with the idea that "well, it's OK to bully in school, so it must be OK to continue outside school"

If a school has any duty to teach what is and what isn't socially acceptable, and I believe it does, then it would have failed.

Of course, I don't know. But, I'd be interested to see the results of a student taking a suit against a school because he/she was bullied by the school's pupils outside of school time. Would make an interesting piece of litigation.
Niaya
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i have learnt to egnore the stupid comments about the way i am
emom100
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i feel so sorry for anyone that has been bullying. I guess i was really lucky because my school didn't have a bullying problem. It was a normal comp with 1500 odd people but I think one of the reasons why there wasn't really that much bullying was because the youngest year was year 9 and so there wasn't a huge gap between ages etc. I was really schocked when i got to uni and found out how badly some of my friends had been treated at school. I'm amazed that some people can be so cruel
hornblower
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
We don't have many bullying problems at our school, which is an all-boys by the way. We have a strict anti-bullying policy and the school takes these kind of things very seriously; I myself am a high-profile prefect and am an anti-bullying counsellor. I have only dealt with one incident.

J.
ThornsnRoses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I was bullied all my life...and although initially it felt like hell id wake up every day dreading going to school, i actually started not to care about what people said and thought and i think as a result i am a stronger and more tolerant person. And the irony goes that all those that bullied me sent me Christmas cards of apologies and are now really nice to me...so much so that im actually quite popular at school...and all the really mean bullies who made my life a living hell are no longer liked and are themselves bullied...one of the girls that used to taunt me so badly even phoned me up once crying down the phone saying how i was her only friend....err yeah whatever! SCORE!
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by emmal)
What do you think?
I think it's terrible! Especially in secondary! our skool's so much better know (okay it's been consistently one of the best in the borough) but before no matter how much you tried to help the victim by speaking up to the bullies (as the teachers refused to get invloved) you were incriminated yourself!
]{ingnik
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
how do you define bullying? is it unwarrented confrontation?
boygenious
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
bullying is well fun. y'all should try it before you criticise it
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by boygenious)
bullying is well fun. y'all should try it before you criticise it
yes it's fun since you don't have to suffer the loneliness and anguish the victims feel. A former classmate commited suicide because she couldn't cope with the incessant bullying.
boygenious
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
yes it's fun since you don't have to suffer the loneliness and anguish the victims feel. A former classmate commited suicide because she couldn't cope with the incessant bullying.
suicide? that's the cowards way out
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
there has been a lot of research to suggest that bully's aren't quite "all there" if you get what I mean. Apparetly they cant distinguish between people who are bing mean or not, which is why they pick on people and uch like because they feel like they are bein bullied.

I'm not sure if i agree with this cos i knew a lot of people who were like Boygenius (bullying is well fun) and seemed to enjoy tormenting people.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by boygenious)
suicide? that's the cowards way out
it's not what they think surely. They may have thought it a better way out since their life in reality seems like a living hell. People commit suicde when they're desperate, terribly alone in their misery, scared, andf feel they have no one to turn to. I'm still angry that the bullies got away with it. I hate seeing their faces knowing they destroyed somebody's life because they got a sick kick out of it.
boygenious
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
there has been a lot of research to suggest that bully's aren't quite "all there" if you get what I mean. Apparetly they cant distinguish between people who are bing mean or not, which is why they pick on people and uch like because they feel like they are bein bullied.

I'm not sure if i agree with this cos i knew a lot of people who were like Boygenius (bullying is well fun) and seemed to enjoy tormenting people.
hey i was only kidding. it wasn't that fun actually
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (66)
19.13%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.78%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.93%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.87%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.19%
Taster lectures or seminars (72)
20.87%
Speak to current students studying my course (80)
23.19%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
3.77%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.48%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.32%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.74%

Watched Threads