Easy GCSE and Easy A-Level Subjects Watch

aleathiel
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
have any of you who say that film studies is easy actually done it?? if so then shut it cos if you aint read the book you cant say what its like ok!
its more than just sitting there watching films ya know! a LOT more!!
azn-wonder91
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
To be honest it completely ranges from person to person.
The subject you are likely to find "easy" is one that you enjoy and find understandable. It is worth looking at the syllabus on the internet to see whether you are likely to be engaged by the things you will learn.
At the end of the day anything you put effort into will seem easy in exam period because hopefully you will understand the questions.
I must say however that almost all A level subjects are difficult since it is higher education.

Try thinking of suitable career paths and choose subjects likely to be useful for those careers (if in doubt: consult google!)

:party:
screenager2004
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I despise this "media is doss" hoo-ha.

I am an A grade student, I got AAAB at AS, wrote an essay that was at an undergraduate level according to two teachers who checked it and yet it got a D from the exam board. The exam board know it's seen as doss - and that's why they will rape you when it comes to marking to try and counter this negative stereotype - you have to work harder than people think - they assume you just watch films in lessons then write a bit about what you think of them.

Well currently I am researching vertically integrated distribution-led production companies overseas to investigate the impact of institutional frameworking on the film industry here in the UK.
It's not just "I fink that Bridgit Jones represented brittin really well because it was a funny film"

But I will concede that media studies is only worth taking if you want a career in media, it's useless otherwise, but it's not easy.
Rob_dob
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Physics, easy...are you kidding me ? I've done 5 AS levels and it's by far the hardest.

I wouldn't say any A levels are easy, unless you're exceptionally clever you have to still put in lots of work even for the 'easiest' subjects.
screenager2004
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by im so academic)
i think pchycology (or however you are suppose to spell it) it easy at a level. you just talk about the brain and reflect in with human behaviour.

haha. no way. I found A2 psych ****ing difficult.

I learnt 113 studies off by heart for the exam. (although you're supposed to have 8 studies for each of the 16 units so that's what... 148 studies you're supposed to know off by heart)

One "study" is the name of the famous psychologist, the year the research was published, their aims/hypotheses, their sample numbers and type, the experimental design, a summary of the methodology, results, conclusions and positive and negative evaluations of that study.

Times that by 140. You have to remember all of that, but you do have 9 months to remember it all

If you vaguely talk about the brain and behaviour you'll get a U. it's about relevant psychological research and evaluating methodology.
jonnythemoose
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by im so academic)
i think pchycology (or however you are suppose to spell it) it easy at a level. you just talk about the brain and reflect in with human behaviour.
Hahahaha you cannot have possibly taken Psychology at A level. Otherwise you wouldn't appear so misinformed. For it is a beast.
Loonylottie
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Drama...........so easy!
Duckzilla
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
RE/RS, e.g 'Do you agree that religions get good publicity from the media?' was on my mock GCSE exam paper.
usa1981
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Loonylottie)
Drama...........so easy!
Loonylottie did you take Drama at GCSE or A-level? What other subjects did you take?
Loonylottie
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm doing drama gcse
I'm also doing english lit, english language, maths, bio, chemistry, physics, history and french, you?
ECullen
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
sociology is a dread
usa1981
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Loonylottie)
I'm doing drama gcse
I'm also doing english lit, english language, maths, bio, chemistry, physics, history and french, you?
Did you begin them in September 2009 or for September 2010 to June 2012? I am a University student from the US.
abcd888
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
so is psycology easy for a level.
if i take that and what other subject should i take. how bout bio or french? are those easy?
Blueflare
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sociology is really easy.
abcd888
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Blueflare)
Sociology is really easy.
is it more easy than phsycology -a level
Emma:-)
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ElWilson)
I would just like to ask whether anyone has any advise over hard and easy subjects for A-Level and GCSE stages. Does anyone have any "Do's and Don'ts"

Thanks.
Sociology is easy,at gcse and a-level.
thejellyfish
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
easiest GCSE subjects for me personally were:
- Geography literally year 8s could pass this GCSE
- Biology (for me personally it was easy since i'm a science nerd but depends on how well your memory is, lots to remember same with other sciences)
- R.E (should probably be able to write good essays not that hard tho)
- Sociology (all you basically need is common sense) but **** ton of writing in exams believe me
What i've learnt is just DON'T ****ING PICK LANGUAGES unless your really smart and great at languages/speak that language especially german god i barely scraped through with a C
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1618)
79.2%
Leave (425)
20.8%

Watched Threads