The Student Room Group

The 'How to Approach Random Girls in the Street' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
i would love if a guy tried any of these on me :')

and #98 is hilarious! aha :biggrin:

but i doubt any guy would (N)
good luck to you all though :wink:
Reply 321
I had faux success the other day. Chatted for a while and then I just popped the question. Straight to the point "Want to come out for a drink with me later?" She said she was busy later, but gave me her number to arrange to go out another time. I sent her a text a couple of days later, but she hasn't replied. So it was either a fake number or she just ignored my message.

I would have preferred an immediate, blunt rejection, but I guess she just didn't quite know how to say no to me.

It's always good to get an approach in every now and then. It's been a while since I asked a girl out *soberly*, so I feel stronger in myself for going out and doing it despite the eventual rejection.:smile:
Reply 322
I've thought about trying this in the library but I'd probably look like an arse lol
Reply 323
Original post by Spoonman
I've thought about trying this in the library but I'd probably look like an arse lol

You might feel like an arse if it doesn't go well, but you have nothing to lose. You might get what you want or, failing that, valuable experience.

I find that if I force myself to walk towards a girl then I know I can't suddenly pull out.
Hey, didn't the OP say he was going to try out some of these methods?

I guess he broke his promise, probably chickened out, understandable but disappointing.
Original post by Spoonman

Whatever you do, don't talk about books straight away. Don't open by saying anything situational if it can be avoided as that leads to your standard awkward silence, which would make just about any guy feel awkward.

You want to try and open with something that makes her laugh, then introduce yourself, then say something smart, witty, funny etc. Don't learn too much about her straight away, don't let her learn too much about you straight away (unless she seems really interested - and this probably won't be right at the start). Give her a reason to want to talk to you another time.

Also, something I tend to do is that I never open with the objective of getting a girl's number. Set yourself the benchmark of yourself having a good time. When it comes to numbers, I challenge myself to get the girl to ask for my number - if she doesn't ask for it, mission failed. If she does, I work out a way to get hers while still insisting she call me. And believe me - I've not got supermodel looks.

A bunch of techniques to use, but first and foremost, don't seem bogged down by things that don't matter. Make life your bitch, not the other way around. Be larger than life - and you'll be much better off for it.
Original post by Different Cloud
BAZINGA!

Contineously follow a girl, Whilie randomly jumping out and saying BAZINGA!!.. Untill she talks to you. I.E. While in the supermarket or cloths store, follow, hide and BAZINGA!!.. Rinse, Wash and Repeat.

Ngl, I'd probably talk to a guy if he did this.
Daygame is simple. Just have a good conversation opener, be confident and tease a little.
Don't normally post replies (more of a lurker) but having read this thread, felt i had to post.

There's this girl i occasionally walk past on my way to work, she's on her way to 6th form. I had seen her a couple times a week for about a month or so, and every time we crossed, she would give me a huge smile.

About a month ago, i eventually worked up the courage to talk to her. As she approached, i stopped her and asked her name (stupidly i forgot to tell her mine), and said to her that i've seen her quite a bit recently and was hoping that she could give me her number. She seemed really flattered but told me she was running late, but if i asked her the next time i saw her, she would give it.

I have actually seen her twice since then, but haven't mustered up the courage to ask her again, even though she said 'hi' both times. Asking once was hard enough lol. The second time, there were other people nearby so i nervous. I have since said to myself that i would ask her no matter what the next time. The last time was two weeks ago, and frustratingly i haven't seen her since then, and probably won't see her for at least another two weeks cos of Easter. I have even tried to time my leaving the house so i have a better chance to see her cos there is a very small window of opportunity, as she comes between a certain time. I need to leave my house before a certain time so i'm not late for work, and the road she comes out of is only a few hundred yards down the road.

i'm normally a very shy guy, all the girls i've gone out with before, i've known through school/6th form/uni, so i've never asked a stranger for their number before. But if i don't manage to get the number the next time i ask, i don't think it would be right to ask her again. It would probably make me braver with other strangers though
Reply 329
You go to the bitch, and then you say something to impress and start conversation. After conversation you ask for the number and if she says yes, make sure you drop call the number so you know its right. And make sure its 11 digits. Dont want no fail. While you have the conversation, have eye contact and try to make the girl laugh.
Reply 330
Approach her with a smile and compliment her. Keep good eye contact while talking to her. The most an important thing is to NOT SAY ANYTHING STUPID AKA CHEESY! this works most of the time lol! Depending if the girl is a bitch or not.
Reply 331
Just say hi, hows it going? I wish guys would do it more often, unfortunately only weird creepy ugly men talk to me in the street!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6Mt3_jvfVQ

I felt like I should contribute this. Only really usable when it's appropriate to be in fancy dress.
Original post by Chumbaniya
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6Mt3_jvfVQ

I felt like I should contribute this. Only really usable when it's appropriate to be in fancy dress.

Not very successful either. And I'm not the legend that is Troy Barnes/ Donald Glover.
Original post by DavidLloydGeorge
Not very successful either. And I'm not the legend that is Troy Barnes/ Donald Glover.

It irks me considerably that it doesn't work in the show. I'm a straight male and I'd date Donald Glover.
This thread is disappoint :-(

Didn't the OP say they were going to try out some of the methods themselves?
Original post by itsmyname
This thread is disappoint :-(

Didn't the OP say they were going to try out some of the methods themselves?

Yeah! I was waiting to hear the stories but I was severly disappointed :frown:
what a great great topic!! Had such a laugh out of some of the replies. Love the fresh prince of bel air chat up lines lol. There the only one i would be tempted to use haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To-wjJT1SPY

Thats how its done people haha
Original post by Lewroll
Tldr; post a method for approaching a stranger in the street (to get their phone number/ask them out) which you think would be successful. Be creative.

This works for me every time: "Bonjour, se coucher avec moi? :sexface:" they laugh and then I switch to broken English and introduce myself, get their name and then number... takes around 3-5 minutes.

If you go to Ukraine or Russia, it is even easier to get a number... ask for a light, introduce yourself and ask for their number or have a packet of cigarettes (60p) on display and have the girls flock to you... total time? 1 minute (normally less time). There is no beating around the bush in the FSU :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending