Turn on thread page Beta

university of central lancashire and roehampton uni? watch

ReputationRep:
    Iv got all my offers now! im glad the whole procedure is over, but now iv gotta decide which offer i want to accept. Does anybody know about the university of central lancashire? Iv applied for journalism and photography. I kno uclan has a good reputation as far as journalism goes, but iv heard it isnt any good in all other respects. It's quite low down on the leaugue tables. Does anybody go there? Or know anything about the uni that might help me choose. Same for roehampton university too, as thats my second choice. Any comments would be useful. Cheers

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Roehampton for Journalism and Sociology/Cultural Studies. Have an offer, too. But I haven't visited yet and I don't think I'll want to go there. The course sounds good tho. I just prefer some of my other choices.

ReputationRep:
    According to my mate who's also applied for journalism, UCLAN's meant to be one of the best in the country. Personally I'd say it's a better uni than Roehampton, but then you can't go by league tables and reputation, you've got to choose the one which suits you best. Where would you feel more comfortable going? Which course do you prefer? League tables can't answer those questions for you.

ReputationRep:
    UCLAN has this reputation for being a windswept **** hole, but then I come from Yorkshire

I would visit it though, before making a decision

ReputationRep:
    Dear all i have been accept in University of Central Lancashire ,so can you help me with some information about the University and the city as will pleas.

Thanks

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.