Tacky? Watch

lil_sweetie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Is it tacky to match your nail polish to your clothes? for example, i got this really cool greeny nail polish this morning, and for a friend's 18th tonight I'm wearing this sparkly turquoise top - would it look tacky to wear the nail polish as well?
Monii
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
no offence but personally i find all bright nail polishes tacky...
Ariel4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by lil_sweetie)
Is it tacky to match your nail polish to your clothes? for example, i got this really cool greeny nail polish this morning, and for a friend's 18th tonight I'm wearing this sparkly turquoise top - would it look tacky to wear the nail polish as well?
I think the colour might look better on your nails, if you have long nails. if not, what sort of shoes are wearing, as its bright, it might look good with peep toe shoes. i dont think it looks tacky to match them, as long youre not matching your bag, your hat and shoes as well!
Fleece
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
on toes or fingers?
shopaholic_soph
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
the only nail varnish you should match is red because that looks fabulous!!!!!

wear it on your toes and a more neutral colour on your fingers chick!
Fleece
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
er why has someone neg repped me with the comment "why do you have to be gay all the time" for asking a perfectly legit question?
Niaya
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Fleece)
er why has someone neg repped me with the comment "why do you have to be gay all the time" for asking a perfectly legit question?
i have no idea - i was about the ask the same question actually
and i would match it - i match my dark purple nail varnish wiv my purple tops
cottoncandy76
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
i love red nail polish on my toenails, it looks great with heels. and a nice manicure/clear-pinkish base like colur on fingernails.

dont wear green on fingernails
Fleece
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i love how people have balls to admit to neg repping
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Fleece)
Lmao @ their comment though, that's brilliant!
Fleece
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i am rather
Catski
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Haha, I was actually about to reply to this saying, "Oh, its not tacky, I do it all the time!" then I remembered that 99% of the time I'm wearing black or purple.

But seriously though, I think it can look really smart as long as the colours really match.
No Future
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If it looks tacky, then I sometimes look tacky.
I sometimes match my nail varnish.
justbrowsing
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Not so much tacky, more grubby. Why would you want your hands to look as though they have a fungal nail infection?
dancingqueen
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Definitely match it to your toes rather than fingers.
Lush Law
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Not tacky at all. It's a fashion convention.

And coloured nail varnish is not always tacky. It's more the length of the nails and any nail art that determine tackiness!
Laursy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i think matching nails and clothes is tacky sorry!!!
Angel Interceptor
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by lil_sweetie)
well, so far it only seems to be ladies who've answered in this thread, so i thought that you may want to hear a guy's view on it. personally, i think that colourful nail varnish looks tacky, and matching it with your clothes looks even worse! your nails were never designed to be 'matched' with anything apart from maybe your skin. i love girls who don't wear nail polish (although i don't mind clear), as it makes your hands look neat, simple, clean and fresh. some of the girls i know don't wear nail polish, but just use one of those 'nail buffer' things (kind of like an ice lolly stick covered in reallly really really fine sand-paper kind of stuff - sorry i don't know the technical name for it, i'm a guy!) to remove the tiny little ridges on your nails and it also shines them nicely which adds a bit of subtle sparkle to one's fingers - i really like this look!

anyhows, hope that having a guy's advice helped.
Ariel4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Have you seen that burberry nail art, its really awful. i saw a pic somewhere of a girl with her nails done like that and dresses all in burberry, now that is tacky!
shopaholic_soph
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Ariel4)
Have you seen that burberry nail art, its really awful. i saw a pic somewhere of a girl with her nails done like that and dresses all in burberry, now that is tacky!
LOL! nail art is so last year! i did it when i was like 14
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (178)
18.74%
No (573)
60.32%
Not really bothered about them (199)
20.95%

Watched Threads