Turn on thread page Beta

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh :( watch

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I had ticks under "FIT" for all careers, both ground and air, BESIDES pilot...
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by GemmaLS)
    At least I'll get the pleasure of telling pilots what to do as soon as they enter my airspace
    Advising, not telling... unless you fancy controlling some airways, we can always say "happy flight information, going on route, ta for the service" and turn you off
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by GemmaLS)
    You may find that for whatever reason, the RAF aren't happy with it. You'll more than likely find it wont be - it's a new treatment and I doubt they'll have tested it at high altitudes and speeds.
    Currently, I'm sure we all know the limits. You need 6/6 naturally uncorrected to be a pilot, so nothing which artificially affects your eyesight will let you in. Even things like PRK (look up the exceptionally long and detailed post I made on it somewhere!) which is now approved for existing aircrew still won't make you eligible if you need it before joining. This has been the case with glasses, contacts, everything.

Chances are, if the RAF can be bothered to examine this treatment, it'll get approved for existing aircrew. I doubt very much if the entry requirements will ever change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wzz)
    Advising, not telling... unless you fancy controlling some airways, we can always say "happy flight information, going on route, ta for the service" and turn you off
    Well you'll have no-one but yourself to blame when you land on the wrong runway :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Hasn't happened yet... and it always tells you on the ATIS!

ReputationRep:
    You win Wzz - I can try and argue but I know I'll lose out in the end

Will have to get my own back somehow after training........

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2005
Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.