This discussion is closed.
jumahumour
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Anyone had any experience of a UCL interview, because my friends has got one for Spansih and just wants to know what it may entail etc. How did you find ur interview if u've had one? any tips?
emom100
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
don't know about UCL but i can tell you about my oxford interview for Spanish if that would be any help
Cacambo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I had an interview at UCL for Russian and French. It's very easy, to the point of being a waste of time. The portion of my interview in French consisted of the interviewer asking me what differences I felt there were between French & English life (ie. standard GCSE fodder).

Personally, I feel UCL's policy of interviewing candidates stems from its massive inferiority complex about Oxbridge admissions. The interviews are more a formality than a way of testing potential candidates.

I'd tell him/her not to worry too much about it. Provided that he/she has done a bit of outside reading and can hold a conversation in Spanish for five minutes, he/she should be fine.
jumahumour
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by Cacambo)
I had an interview at UCL for Russian and French. It's very easy, to the point of being a waste of time. The portion of my interview in French consisted of the interviewer asking me what differences I felt there were between French & English life (ie. standard GCSE fodder).

Personally, I feel UCL's policy of interviewing candidates stems from its massive inferiority complex about Oxbridge admissions. The interviews are more a formality than a way of testing potential candidates.

I'd tell him/her not to worry too much about it. Provided that he/she has done a bit of outside reading and can hold a conversation in Spanish for five minutes, he/she should be fine.

Thanks
semi
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
heya, i am going for an interview at UCL on the 25th for french/politics, was wondering if you know if the interviews are in the language you intend to study.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (57)
4.73%
Uncertainty around my education (185)
15.35%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (133)
11.04%
Lack of purpose or motivation (172)
14.27%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (52)
4.32%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (68)
5.64%
Loneliness (103)
8.55%
Financial worries (40)
3.32%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (57)
4.73%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
4.65%
Lack of real life entertainment (65)
5.39%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (107)
8.88%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (110)
9.13%

Watched Threads